Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

eep too scared to test in case it's BFN!

(18 Posts)
jillamona Fri 04-Apr-14 12:40:07

ok so... am 6 days (approx) late and i did a pg test on Weds. BUT I think I messed it up, peed too much on it or something, because it came up as a very faint negative, but no control line. I know it's crazy, but I haven't tested again even though still no sign of period. My cycle is all over the place, so have been really late before and not been pg. going to test again today. just wondering has anyone had similar experience with test not working, and ended up being pg? the instructions on the test say that if no control line appears then the test hasn't worked. thanks! i am driving myself crazy so silly

firstbaby01 Fri 04-Apr-14 12:50:12

Not had this before but good luck!

moggle Fri 04-Apr-14 12:55:02

I think if there's no control line then there's something wrong with the test, so probably completely unrelated to whether you are pregnant or not. If there was no control line then the test line probably wouldn't work either or would be unreliable. So I would do another test either today (see if you can save your wee a bit beforehand!) or tomorrow morning. Good luck!

When I tested later on in this pg I had positive line come up before the wee reached control line, so maybe your wee didn't get far enough? I would definitely test again. Pic is about 7weeks along

appletree100 Fri 04-Apr-14 14:16:38

I used the clear blue electronic tests and got my BFP... I got a negative with all other tests!! xx

alita7 Fri 04-Apr-14 14:20:31

try peeing in a pot and holding the stick in for 20 seconds instead so you don't have peeing problems smile

plokett1 Fri 04-Apr-14 14:25:28

Ive had the same problem before its due to too much urine on the stick! I agree with Alita and pee in a pot and test it that way!

ithoughtofitfirst Fri 04-Apr-14 14:26:37

Yeah i always pee in a pot.

Good luck!

jillamona Fri 04-Apr-14 16:41:19

thanks! just did another test and am PG!!! so delighted xx thanks for all your comments x

HenriettaTurkey Fri 04-Apr-14 16:42:51

Congratulations!!!!!! gringringringrin

notapizzaeater Fri 04-Apr-14 16:44:11

Congratulations xxx

Congratulations!

alita7 Fri 04-Apr-14 17:01:23

Yay Congratulations smile

ginmakesitallok Fri 04-Apr-14 17:07:52

grin congratulations!

notaflamingclue Fri 04-Apr-14 20:40:02

Woohoo, congrats!!

SomethingOnce Fri 04-Apr-14 21:05:30

Brilliant, congrats!

ithoughtofitfirst Fri 04-Apr-14 21:24:20

Woop woop!!! Congrats m'love xx

RedPony Fri 04-Apr-14 23:06:10

congratulationsgrin thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now