Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

What are you having for tea?!

(16 Posts)
Pregnantagain7 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:28:31

Help! Am 9 + 1 and am sick of trying to work out what to eat, so far it been lots of crisps, peanut butter on toast, beans and sausage on toast and ham and avocado sandwiches.
Am bored!!!!!! What's everyone having tonight please inspire me am thinking maybe a takeaway of some sort or something that doesn't require too much effortsmile

Banana82 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:39:55

I lived off Tesco value cheese and tomato pizzas in my early weeks. Bland, dry and easy to cook!

Binglesplodge Fri 14-Mar-14 14:50:04

Fresh pasta (amazingly quick to cook), stir some pesto through it. Easy, fast, and cheap so if you lose your appetite halfway through like I often do you haven't wasted any effort or money!

AngelaDaviesHair Fri 14-Mar-14 14:51:18

Roasted meat (chicken drumsticks/sausages/chops), a green salad, crusty bread. This is my go-to 'can't think what to cook' meal. If you want to feel as though you are making an effect, chop the meat and put it and the salad in a pitta (spicy sauce optional). Ta dah! Home-made kebab.

Or, boiled egg and soldiers. If you want to be fancy/healthy, replace soldiers with asparagus spears.

Egg and (oven) chips never disappoints. Can you face egg at the moment?

I basically ate home-made curry followed by oranges all through my first pregnancy. Which was quite healthy. By the second it was cake, daily, washed down by orange or lemon fizzy drinks. The craving for that was simply extraordinary. I was the size of a large goods vehicle by the end.

squizita Fri 14-Mar-14 14:51:53

I chopped plum tomatoes, combined them with a bit of chopped (cooked) bacon/ham, herbs, salt, pepper - mixed through cooked fresh pasta. smile Very easy.

Pregnantagain7 Fri 14-Mar-14 15:02:53

Ooh thanks everyone there are some good ideas there I have to wait until I'm about to eat, if I try and decided in advance I usually change my mind by the time it gets to tea time! I've lost count of the number of meals I've prepared earlier in the day and by the time it comes to eat them I can't

At the mo it's all about the meat! So Angela the idea of meaty pittas is really doing it for me (for about an hour probably!). smile

ElleDubloo Fri 14-Mar-14 15:06:32

I've promised the in-laws that I'd cook dinner tonight, but I've absolutely no appetite for normal food... I don't think they'd appreciate being fed salt and vinegar crisps!

K8eee Fri 14-Mar-14 15:09:47

I'm having pizza from asda (meaty stuffed crust ones mmmm!) with homemade chips. really not healthy but at nearly 39 weeks I'm making the most of being lazy grin

JollyMarie79 Fri 14-Mar-14 15:19:17

Savoury mince (needed to use up the vege)
Basmati rice
Sour cream

Yum yum

misog2000 Fri 14-Mar-14 15:45:44

Sausage and mash yummy, finally feeling more myself.

If you'd asked me last week it would have been cheese toasty - no matter which day of the week,

Pregnantagain7 Fri 14-Mar-14 16:04:58

Mum everything sounds good! Dh has suggested either Chinese or Lebanese take away. So no cooking for me hurray! Just got to decide which bloody one now, oh god I'm turning into my mother who spends the whole day obsessing about what she is going to eat that night! ;)

Fattybumbum84 Fri 14-Mar-14 16:05:23

Get a nice cooked chicken from supermarket and have a roast with Gravy....mmmmmm nom nom

Minted lamb burgers from the butchers, mash potatoes and carrots!!! Yum!!!

HannahG315 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:40:56

I need someone to take this tub of Pringles off me!!!!

Mummytobe2014 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:53:50

Gammon and chips tonight smile

lyns31 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:59:25

Homemade katsu chicken curry with rice and salad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now