Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is underwiring really so evil? When did you switch to maternity bra!?

(54 Posts)
ClearlyMoo Sat 02-Nov-13 17:04:32

I'm 13 weeks today, and so finally embracing the fact I need to shop for maternity clothing. I was pleasantly surprised and excited about things available to wear in general but am SO depressed about bra choices. Debenhams had one bra that fitted me. My nearest Bravissimo is over an hour away (I'm quite big FF/G) and I'm loathe to make a special trip but scared to shop online because how will I know if it fits. The bra I bought makes my boobs looks SO WEIRD! Assistant convinced me it was a proper fit, but now I'm still questioning about whether I need to go wireless so soon.

I need to shop as I'm spilling out of my biggest u/w bra but can I but new underwired ones?!

Would love to hear opinions/ experiences/ recommendations of websites (either shopping or research into actual affect on milk ducts/ breast tissue.

EnidClowes Sun 03-Nov-13 11:41:01

I've just moved into non-underwired at 22wks. I've went through my bra collection and was pouring out of my larger cup sizes. Decided to move to them as they they'll last longer than wired. Am now a 34J but this bra gives me a bit of growth room. Last time I went up to 36K (maybe even a LL actually) by the end. I figured either buy nicer bras 2/3 more times before the baby is here or try and save money and maximise the wear from one size.
Bloody hate the monoboob though, so sweaty and horrible shape, constantly lifting and separating and popping myself back in properly. The curse of enormous boobs!
Def recommend bravissimo though, would never shop anywhere else for bras. It takes me over an hour to get to the nearest one and it's worth it.

emmac3616 Sun 03-Nov-13 14:51:14

I'm 34 weeks and still in my normal under-wired bras!

SorrelForbes Sun 03-Nov-13 15:53:41

Ummm, measuring isn't a load of crap! It's simply a starting point and is great for people who don't have access to a Bravissimo etc. to help them find their approximate size.

Measuring is crap when it's the old +4/5" method.

Madratlady Sun 03-Nov-13 16:08:22

I'm 29 weeks and squeezing into my pre pregnancy bras still. They aren't very comfortable but I've just not had the money to replace them (unexpected financial problems). I plan to just carry on and buy some nursing bras after xmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now