Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you get a bump?

(38 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Mon 30-Sep-13 08:21:19

Morning all,

I'm currently 14+3 and desperate for a bump to appear!

My husband thinks I look a little bigger, but I don't want to look 'bigger', I want to look pregnant.

I'm off a slim build (5ft 6, 57kg, BMI 20.7) and it is my first baby. Don't know if any of that makes a difference??

I'm trying not to worry about it but I really thought that by now I'd be showing??

Writerwannabe83 Mon 30-Sep-13 21:31:18

Hearing everyone's story has got me all excited about my bump-to-be grin

Cupcake11 Wed 02-Oct-13 12:03:29

Blimey - I'm only 10+2 and I have a bump!

I'm 5.4 and size 6 (not skinny, just petite) and I have had a noticeable bump since 8 weeks. I know it can't be baby but it doesn't go down!

Feeling really weird now...

LittlePeaPod Wed 02-Oct-13 12:38:01

Cupcake I wouldn't worry. Everyone is different. I am 5"4 and a size 8 but didn't show till 20 weeks but I did have a bigger tummy than normal in the first trimester. But it was actually bloating whic I got quite bad. And lots of other ladies hav said they showed early so I wouldn't worry.

Congratulations by the way flowers

LittlePeaPod Wed 02-Oct-13 12:38:22

Sorry hat shoud b 5"2 nt 5"4. Lol

Cupcake11 Wed 02-Oct-13 12:51:31

Thanks LittlePea - it's become a bit of a joke with me and DH as no one (of the people we've told) can believe how big I am.

But it's true, everyone is different! smile

Can't wait to get to 12 weeks to be able to tell people - at the moment they must just think I've really let myself go with my dark roots and my pot belly grin

Brodicea Wed 02-Oct-13 16:30:45

That's me cupcake - I'm only 9+5 and someone in my office guessed last week because of my tum! I'm 5.5 and (was) as size 6-8. I feel like everyone must think I've let myself slide too blush So embarrassing - can't wait for 12 weeks!

Cupcake11 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:00:03

Haha - my brother guessed I was pregnant because in his words 'I looked like shit'. Roll on the glow!

oscarwilde Wed 02-Oct-13 17:22:53

20 weeks with my first for a bump to appear, but normal trousers wouldn't do up properly after about 12 weeks. Just waist "thickening" - lovely term isn't it. I am 5.6 too

roweeena Wed 02-Oct-13 17:58:18

20 weeks ish

Strokethefurrywall Wed 02-Oct-13 21:11:59

Hey writer, I think we were on the JS thread together a while back and on a few of the antenatal threads together. I'm 14+4 so just a day ahead of you!

With DC1 I didn't start to "show" until about 21 weeks but didn't get an actual bump until 28 weeks which is when I went into maternity clothes.

Thought I was showing far earlier with this one but it turns out it was just bloat. Since losing the nausea and aversions I'm back to pretty strict paleo so funnily enough have started to lose the weight I put on in the 1st trimester and still in my normal clothes.I'm 5ft 8" though so I think my height helps hide it a little more!

I didn't have a big bump with DS, don't anticipate having a large bump with this one either, we don't tend to have large babies in my family despite being tall.
I'm looking forward to the bump because I know once the bump is here, so will the kicks - truly the best part! grin

Quodlibet Wed 02-Oct-13 21:25:41

OP I am pretty much the same build as you (an inch or so taller) and I was still not 'obviously' pregnant to some people even in a bikini on holiday at 26 weeks! It was obvious to me of course. But then bump suddenly appeared in a very short time. Like you I was impatient in the 'tubby or pg' stage, and it lasted waaaay longer than I thought it would!

Writerwannabe83 Wed 02-Oct-13 21:40:51

Hi stroke - yes I do remember you from previous threads. I hope you are having a happy and blossoming pregnancy smile

OMG - 2 days after I post and I have woken up with a bump!!!

I can't see my feet when I look down - how has this happened? grin

I went to visit my grandparents today and the first thing my nan said to me was, "wow, look at you with your bump!"

It felt wonderful to hear smile

ChairOfTheBored Thu 03-Oct-13 10:37:45

22 weeks - and then it appeared almost overnight.

Prior to that I was bloated (so felt bigger) but was still able to wear my old clothes/skinny jeans etc.

I now only have 2-3 things to wear for work which still fit, so shopping calls...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now