Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who didn't have sickness....

(38 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Tue 06-Aug-13 11:35:39

I'm feeling anxious because I'm not experiencing morning sickness.

Everything I read and hear states that morning sickness is a positive sign as it shows that the pregnancy is progressing well and that women who suffer morning sickness are less likely to miscarry.

Every day I wake up and part of me is wishing I'd be sick. I have had a few days of my tummy feeling dodgy but that's where it ends.

Am I being silly???

itsliz Tue 06-Aug-13 18:33:43

I wasn't sick either, not once! Feeling very tired and dizzy now that I'm into my second trimester though, so maybe that's my body's way of evening things out...!

I am 17 weeks pregnant and have had zero morning sickness smile heard a strong heartbeat today at my midwife appointment too! In fact everything could not be going better so far. My mum didn't have it either and had very successful pregnancies. Do not worry, most will get it but still lots of woman don't.

syl1985 Tue 06-Aug-13 18:38:20

With this pregnancy I barely had any morning sickness. I totally didn't felt pregnant until my belly started to grow.

I think I only have been sick twice in those first 3 months. If I didn't know that I was pregnant I would have thought I was going ill. I totally wouldn't have recognized it as morning sickness.

Those 2 times were both the same.
In the morning I didn't felt to well. Went with my head above the loo and that's it.

I'm now 33 weeks pregnant. This little one is very active in my belly and no health problems what so ever.

It's my 4th pregnancy and I did regular pregnancy tests in those first 3 months. Because I totally didn't feel pregnant. I was very scared that I had lost the baby and that's why I didn't felt pregnant.

I also went to the doctor and he did a blood test. Everything was ok with me and I was and still am pregnant.

syl1985 Tue 06-Aug-13 18:45:07

Try to enjoy not feeling ill. If things do go wrong there won't be anything you can do to stop it from going wrong.

I so know the worries I had.
So I totally understand how you feel. But being worried is not doing you nor your baby any good.

Do the things that you need to do. Stay healthy, go to your health appointments, have a healthy diet.

You can't do more then that.

And be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things can still come. There're even mothers who had trouble with morning sickness later in their pregnancies.

fertilityFTW Tue 06-Aug-13 18:45:44

Looking at the very healthy, giggly result of an uncomplicated pregnancy - not a jot of nausea or sickness. Or any other symptoms for ages - pretty much till the 3rd trimester (which was miserable with SPD, swollen feet, sleepless nights etc. etc. - wait for it ;) )
And congrats!

blueshoes Tue 06-Aug-13 18:59:38

I have the easiest symptomless pregnancies in the world. No sickness, no nausea. The only evidence is absence of period and growing bump.

blondebaby111 Tue 06-Aug-13 19:19:15

I didn't have any sickness either, I felt it sometimes but as soon as I had a biscuit or something light to eat I was fine. I think the worst I felt was the tiredness and bloating early on xx

VestandKnickers Tue 06-Aug-13 19:20:56

I've had two pregnancies - one singleton and one twins. No a day of sickness with either.

ZingWidge Tue 06-Aug-13 19:34:07

<waves to writer>

hi lovely, worry not, I know some people who had perfect babies and not a moment of sickness.

also some with head in the loo, vomiting for Queen and country for weeks only to suffer a MC (including me)sad

enjoy sick free days! (envy)

when is your 12 weeks scan?

memphis83 Tue 06-Aug-13 19:36:16

I didn't feel sick at all. The only reason I found out I was pg was because my boobs were inflating by the day.

Writerwannabe83 Tue 06-Aug-13 19:37:54

My 12 week scan is on the 16th September!!!! Ages away!!!

However, I'm having a Private Scan next Wednesday because me and hubby are too excited to wait!!!! grin

GiveMeVegemite Wed 07-Aug-13 07:30:07

I haven't had any sickness with either of my pregnancies. Count yourself lucky, I do! smile

Smitten1981 Wed 07-Aug-13 10:44:57

I felt really sick for about a month from about 6-10 weeks, but I'm 29 weeks now and no puke yet (touch wood) although the nausea has returned, boo to nausea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now