Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Nervous about tomorrow...

(35 Posts)
JodiLeighLeigh Wed 31-Jul-13 17:20:57

Hi Everyone,

I've been bouncing about for about a week, happy as Larry about my BFP...so much so that I haven't actually considered what's going to happen at my first docs visit in the morning. shock

Can anyone tell me please? If there's blood involved, I'm going to need to give myself a rather pathetic pep talk! x

JodiLeighLeigh Thu 01-Aug-13 07:38:06

Such a strange thing to know there's something in there but not to be able to know beyond all doubt for another X weeks.

That said...there's definitely something in there this morning. I'm in the docs waiting room and my womb feels all stretchy!

woollysocksaresexy Thu 01-Aug-13 08:05:35

Well my doc was utterly wonderful, full of congratulations and excitement for me, happy to answer any questions and just chat to me for 10 mins when I was completely dumbstruck and disbelieving, so you never know!

JodiLeighLeigh Thu 01-Aug-13 08:33:30

I have to say, my doctor was much better than I'd expected after hearing other people's hearing experiences. He has be booked in to see the midwife tomorrow and wants me to bring a urine sample to confirm the pregnancy. Blood pressure is fine, weight could be better etc...

One thing that does upset me...he point blank refuses to prescribe me any antihistamines. Which is a complete ball ache! Good job most of my pregnancy will be in winter and autumn I suppose.

JodiLeighLeigh Thu 01-Aug-13 08:49:18

couple of typing fails there - sorry!

blondebaby111 Thu 01-Aug-13 14:42:18

Glad it went well for you, blimey tho...your doctors don't hang around. I had to wait til I was 8 weeks before I saw a midwife xx

quackojuliet Thu 01-Aug-13 15:13:45

I didn't see midwife til 12 weeks! Depends on your area I think,its normal here.

JodiLeighLeigh Thu 01-Aug-13 15:22:00

They have a weekly midwife session on a friday apparently but they've had to cancel next week's, so he figured tomorrow woukd be better and it'd mean we have more notice to get the scan in. We're certainly not waiting around!

On another note, is it normal for OH to come to midwife visits? He's insisting...

K8eee Fri 02-Aug-13 00:10:50

Glad all went well at the drs this morning Jodie! smile

To be honest I'd be we'll made up if dh insisted in coming with me to every appointment. I'm just expecting him to come to scans or any major appt if it'll really affect us both.

JodiLeighLeigh Fri 02-Aug-13 08:43:50

Thanks K8eee

I'm more concerned as to whether the midwife is going to look at me like I've brought a stray lol.

I'm there at 10:30. Will be interesting to see if she agrees that I'm 7 weeks or if she insists that I'm 8. 8 lines up with the only stupidly light and short bleed I've had since implant removal. But if I'm 8 weeks, it means we DTD 6 weeks ago, which I know we didn't as I'd had some bad news and wasn't up to much. We did have a filthy weekend 5 weeks ago though wink So in my head, 7 lines up...

ThedementedPenguin Fri 02-Aug-13 09:06:55

jodi my Dp came to every midwife appointment and scan during my first pregnancy. It was great having him there as nearer the end I kept having to go for growth scans and I was glad he was beside me the whole time.

Not sure what will happen during this one although I'm only 4+6

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now