Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore after whooping cough vaccine

(9 Posts)
redandyellowandpinkandgreen Tue 02-Jul-13 17:25:51

Anyone else had a really sore arm after the vaccine, does anything help? Mine is very hot and sore and makes it uncomfortable to sleep, I had it yesterday but it's just as sore today.

Thanks

LouiseD29 Tue 02-Jul-13 18:15:40

Yes, mine took about four days to stop hurting completely. Slept on my right hand side for a few nights! It's worth it though.

FoofFighter Tue 02-Jul-13 18:18:13

Mine didn't give me any jip for a week, then on the 7th day after it it was a huge red patch, itchy, sore but it wore off over the next 24hrs. Putting a cold compress on it helped take the hotness out.

Dolallytats Tue 02-Jul-13 18:41:19

Had mine last Friday and it was tender for a couple of days and felt a little hard round the injection site. You should be ok in a couple of days. DS(5) kept leaning on it, that smarted a little!!

PinkApple86 Tue 02-Jul-13 18:44:51

I had mine on Friday and arm hurt for a few days but today it's fine. made me a bit tired and sore throaty but it's worth it to protect my little one.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Tue 02-Jul-13 18:57:22

Yes DS keeps leaning on mine too, I have to keep getting him to sit to my right! It would be helpful if the nurse mentioned this do you don't become concerned that your arm may drop off.

Sunflower1985 Tue 02-Jul-13 19:27:19

So sore and big, red and itchy. Thankfully didn't hurt much after a week. The bruise faded slowly though.

Neiffer Tue 02-Jul-13 19:39:42

I couldn't move my arm the day after! It was sore for 3/4 days, swollen for a week, red for about two weeks and has finally just gone down to weird dry skin. Annoying but as others have said, worth it smile

Bippidee Tue 02-Jul-13 19:42:50

Me too! It stopped feeling hot and swollen after about 4 days. I found, like Foofighter, a cold compress or patch helped. I used the deepfreeze ones, but only at night. Still a wee bit itchy a week on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now