Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sick of being/feeling sick @10 weeks...am i having a girl?

(30 Posts)
Sammieantha86 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:08:07

Hi all

just a bit of fun really and to find out ur views on this, i have been having 'morning sickness' with a vengeance in this pregnancy and ive read that this could possibly mean in carrying a girl?

love to know past experiences and opinions on this as in determined not to find out the sex until baby arrives smile

taa xx

BreasticlesNTesticles Tue 18-Jun-13 20:09:13

I had no morning sickness first time round and got DD1

I had horrible morning sickness second time round and got... DD2

grin

cupcake78 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:09:58

Nope, I had HG with ds! Makes no difference what sex the baby is.

Sammieantha86 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:10:38

IM new to this sorry what's dd1 and dd2? Lol xx

WallaceWindsock Tue 18-Jun-13 20:10:45

I had horrid morning sickness with both pgcies and I've had one of each!

WinLipFry Tue 18-Jun-13 20:10:54

I had it quite badly, up until 20 weeks. I had a girl. I don't believe in that though! However it is a Fun way to get you through your pregnancy!

Sammieantha86 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:13:16

Any tips for the nausea? Im doing what all the books say but atm not helping at all!! sad( xx

Fairylea Tue 18-Jun-13 20:18:39

No sickness with dd.. sick as a dog with ds! Sorry !

IsThisAGoodIdea Tue 18-Jun-13 20:22:05

I am expecting a girl. I was definitely much sicker last time with my DS. I wonder if it might be a first pregnancy thing.

Dillydollydaydream Tue 18-Jun-13 20:54:14

I was fine with dd1&2 but really sick with ds1&2.

LouiseD29 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:56:44

I'm expecting a girl - no morning sickness (sorry). Congratulations!

LittleMilla Tue 18-Jun-13 20:57:27

Not sick with ds1, have been soooo I'll with ds2 due in a couple of weeks.

Fwiw, everyone told me I was having a girl which is why I found out this time tbh.

livingdownunder Tue 18-Jun-13 21:00:43

I was dreadfully ill with morning / all day sickness until 20+ weeks and I'm having a boy.
As for helping with sickness, I tried all sorts and what worked one week wouldn't work the next. I found a sandwich in bed first thing helped after 12weeks, think it was the carbs. I tried to avoid acidic drinks especially in the morning as they hurt second time round sad
Good luck. Plenty of rest. smile

Catnipbush Tue 18-Jun-13 21:59:59

50% sure you are

LittlePeaPod Tue 18-Jun-13 22:08:05

My SIL had no sickness in first pregnancy and had A boy. She has had awful sickness this time and convinced herself it was a girl because of this. They had a scan at 21 weeks last week and she found out she is having another boy. She was shocked as she had convinced herself it was a girl because of the sickness....

I have been and still am really sick (HG) but I don't believe the sickness theory helps to determine sex... Old wives tell...

With regards your question about tips for sickness to be fair nothing has worked for me and just getting through each day as it comes. I am 11 weeks today... Hopefully get better in second trimester...

Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way [flwers]

ElBombero Tue 18-Jun-13 22:11:45

Nope baby boys make you sick

ineedduckie Tue 18-Jun-13 22:17:50

50/50 OP... How much morning sickness, hair growth, heartburn, cravings, etc you get will not tell you the sex of your baby!

Lydia161290 Tue 18-Jun-13 22:47:17

I had terrible morning sickness and i'm having a boy...

DramaAlpaca Tue 18-Jun-13 22:50:18

Sick as a dog with all three boys!

plentyofsoap Tue 18-Jun-13 23:12:48

Very sick with ds, far worse this time so we shall see. It does state the reasons for sickness on the nhs website and one is that it could be a girl...

bingeddybongo Wed 19-Jun-13 06:54:27

I had terrible sickness and am having a boy... but a friend of mine had no sickness and is also having a boy. Which is totally unfair wink

poppygolucky Wed 19-Jun-13 07:53:39

Really sick first time with DD. Also been very sick this time but won't be finding out what I am having til he/she arrives in September! I just consider it unlucky rather than anything to do with gender.

DaveMccave Wed 19-Jun-13 08:06:52

Really sick practically from conception with dd. tailed of about 14 weeks but still had loads of smell and food aversions and general nausea all the way through.

Didn't find out the sex this time, sickness didn't start till 6 weeks, but was very severe and I thought it was HG. Sick 20 times a day kinda thing. Stopped suddenly at 10 weeks and I've had no smell or food aversions.

CPtart Wed 19-Jun-13 08:21:13

Terrible morning sickness with both my pregnancies.
I have two DS!

rallytog1 Wed 19-Jun-13 08:21:59

No sickness and I had a girl. I've got two friends currently who are expecting girls and they've not been sick either.

I was convinced I was having a boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now