Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do people always get more chubby in the face when pregnant ?

(19 Posts)
Charters92 Wed 05-Jun-13 01:07:43

I'm 20 weeks now and people having been saying to me that I look slimmer on my face.

2Labradors Sat 27-Apr-13 09:48:18

I get chubby all over grin

My face does too though. I had my Costco membership card picture taken when I was about 8 months pregnant with DD. I found it a long time after membership lapsed and was shocked at how big my face was. I was blissfully unaware then.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Fri 26-Apr-13 17:22:51

Nope, I just have a bump, nothing different to face and you can't tell from behind.

thegoldenfool Fri 26-Apr-13 11:31:20

i didn´t put much weight on elsewhere but it was lovely looking in the mirror post birth and seeing my old face back only a few hours afterwards smile

No, all my extra weight went to my bump when I was pregnant with baby #1 so everyone thought I looked thinner despite getting rounder at the tum!

beachesandbuckets Thu 25-Apr-13 21:06:24

I have been huge generally with all 3 pregnancies but face has remained strangely the same, someone even commented today that I don't look pregnant from shoulders upwards!

Steffanoid Thu 25-Apr-13 20:33:46

I thought mine had but saw a friend who I've not seen for about 6 weeks properly who said the only place I've put on is boobs and belly x

SneezySnatcher Thu 25-Apr-13 20:12:32

A work colleague asked me if I was pregnant when I was 11 weeks. She said she could tell by my face!

polkadotsrock Thu 25-Apr-13 17:09:22

I honestly thought everyone did blush. Me and all the mums I know from tot group always laugh about how huge our faces were!

weeblueberry Thu 25-Apr-13 12:14:20

I've developed a ridiculously fat face since being pregnant. I don't think it's baby related though. I think it's Percy Pig, cheese and peanut butter on toast and Cadburys Flake related.

blush

lynniep Thu 25-Apr-13 11:59:22

No everyone clearly. But I do think its quite common. I've seen a lot of women lately who don't seem to have put on weight on their bodies (other than in the obvious place) but their faces are noticebly chubbier.

MisselthwaiteManor Thu 25-Apr-13 11:55:17

Mine is chubbier but I've always had a chubby face, I think it's just where my fat lies.

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Wed 24-Apr-13 23:03:06

Not for me - I lost weight.

Ezza1 Wed 24-Apr-13 22:10:52

My face (and the rest of me) ballooned at 37 weeks with DC1 but that was due to pre eclampsia. Was induced but still remained chubby for a week after.

No problems in subsequent pregnancies.

SourSweets Wed 24-Apr-13 22:04:22

I don't think so. I haven't, I think like most things in pregnancy it varies from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy.

CitizenOscar Wed 24-Apr-13 22:03:48

No, my face got slimmer last time. Haven't paid much attention this time so not sure!

Catsycat Wed 24-Apr-13 22:01:15

I got more chubby everywhere...

abigboydidit Wed 24-Apr-13 22:00:36

My face totally puffed up with DS but didn't even slightly with DD.

Beaverfeaver Wed 24-Apr-13 21:01:52

Just wondering is all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now