Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Calling all mum's with stretch marks....

(55 Posts)
DizzyDizzy Thu 04-Apr-13 18:46:27

When did your stretch marks appear? I'm 34 weeks, and my bump is BIG!!! It has been throughout pregnancy, but I have NO stretch marks... I don't know if I'm just lucky, or whether I'm being misled, and there's still time for stretch marks to appear....

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Sat 06-Apr-13 17:02:34

25 weeks? I hate to say it MrsSpagBol, but very few people I know who got stretch marks, even pretty bad ones, had any at 25 weeks. They come at teh end because that's the point that the skin is at its most stretched and can't take any more IYSWIM.

Mrsd1984 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:13:30

sad I was feeling so proud of myself for not having a single one and being 25 weeks. All the pregnancy emails I have received stated that I should be seeing them by now so felt so chuffed I hadn't. Just a waiting game then..............

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Sat 06-Apr-13 21:16:24

You might be lucky. Do you have any others? I am prone, I have them on my thighs and back from growth spurts in puberty. I still only got a few in pregnancy though.

MrsSpagBol Sat 06-Apr-13 23:51:26

LOL @ Mrsd I am SURE I got that Babycentre email saying they would show at 22 weeks!! I even gave myself 3 weeks buffer just in case.
Guess the joke is on me!!!

Amanda I do see what you mean. I'll let you know in 20 weeks!

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Sun 07-Apr-13 09:32:15

Good luck. You might be one of the lucky ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now