Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Tiredness and early pregnancy

(21 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Sun 06-Jan-13 12:18:19

Yes perfectly normal I was shattered all the time first trimester. Like others have said it gets much, much better- I'm 37 weeks now and no where near as tired as I was in the beginning

walnut300 Sun 06-Jan-13 12:12:17

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and in exactly the same boat!! zzzzzzzzz wink wink

MrsEasingwood Sun 06-Jan-13 12:02:37

Glad it's not just me!
I've been crying and screaming at DH for the last week poor thing

AC786 Fri 04-Jan-13 23:28:31

Yes very normal- I was tired all the time and so incredibly tired in my first trimester. Please rest!

Creamtea1 Fri 04-Jan-13 17:19:22

And I forgot mood swings <SHOUTS>
angry

Creamtea1 Fri 04-Jan-13 17:18:36

Bloated here too!! About 5 weeks I think. Weeing for England. Am very tired but then when I actually go to bed I then can't get to sleep?!

lolalotta Fri 04-Jan-13 11:52:08

Yup had an early night last night too! I just hate how the bloatedness makes me off my food...I normally LOVE my food! grin

SunshineOutdoors Thu 03-Jan-13 21:17:02

God yes, tired all the time, in bed as soon as dd goes down to sleep.

Very bloated too. I forgot how much I hated being pregnant. Love the end result though smile

sheeplikessleep Thu 03-Jan-13 21:06:01

Hi Lola - hope you're fast asleep now! I'm just off, though I get a burst of energy after tea, I need to get to sleep really. Congrats to you!

lolalotta Thu 03-Jan-13 18:03:44

I'm not feeling too bad today, DD 1 has been at nursery! ;)
I usually hits me straight after dinner at about 8.00pm!!!!

lolalotta Thu 03-Jan-13 18:01:46

Hiya Sheep! You just helped me on another thread!!!! grin

sheeplikessleep Thu 03-Jan-13 18:00:04

Am 5 and a half weeks here. Absolutely shattered - had a nap this afternoon (luckily DS1 and DS2 also agreed to a nap, a rare occurrence!) and I'm already now tired again and waiting for DH to get back.

It does get better ... it does get better.

I also feel bloated, but I'm eating constantly. My tummy by the end of the day looks 6 months gone!

lolalotta Thu 03-Jan-13 17:27:53

Thank you for the reassurance! Now what about feeling bloated all day long, for what seems like days in a row, is that normal too? ;)

Autumn12 Thu 03-Jan-13 15:05:35

Yes, it's normal! I'm 9 +1 and exhausted all of the time.

Jenjen85 Thu 03-Jan-13 15:05:22

Yeah it totally floored me, i was in bed and asleep by 9pm most nights when i first found out i was pregnant. Im now 13 weeks 5 days and i am still tired but not as much as i was. It does get easier tho smile

CitizenOscar Thu 03-Jan-13 14:58:51

Yes normal! Having just had my 12 week scan it's really not surprising! Your body is working so hard to create a little human being - it'll soon have organs & fingers & a spine & everything - it's still got to grow & develop but you're creating the basic structures right now.

Give yourself a break, have a rest smile

lolalotta Wed 02-Jan-13 20:27:21

Thank you ladies! Glad it's normal! Am in bed with a good book! grin

Chottie Wed 02-Jan-13 20:22:28

Yes, DD was absolutely exhausted at the beginning of her pregnancy. Go to bed and rest when you need to.

p.s.congratulations smile

Babylonmoo Wed 02-Jan-13 20:20:45

Yes! Go to bed. You think because you look the same that you should be able to carry on as normal. When I saw the baby at 12 weeks, I thought - ahhhhh that's what I was so tired. Major construction job going on inside you right now.

looneytune Wed 02-Jan-13 20:15:19

Yes, totally normal although I also don't remember being quite so overwhelmingly tired with my other 2! It does get better though in the 2nd trimester smile

lolalotta Wed 02-Jan-13 20:06:56

Any one else newly pregnant and feeling shattered? I am just 6 weeks and feeling ready for bed at 8.00pm, is this normal? I don't remember this first time round? grin
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now