Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I in labour?

(92 Posts)
TeaJunky Tue 20-Nov-12 10:55:40

I'm 38 + 2.

Period pains started Friday morning. Ease up a little with paracetamol which I've constantly been taking but then come back.

Have vomited once severely but no tummy bug symptoms. Eating as normal.

Today the pains are a bit more severe.

Am I in labour? I'm so confused and a bit worried now.

LordOfThe5Rings Mon 03-Dec-12 13:43:01

Awww congratulations everyone! smile

Countmyblessings Sat 01-Dec-12 20:29:44

See all that waiting around and then 2 come along!
Welcome baby Tea - sorry you had a c- section but the outcome was a beautiful baby!!!
Welcome to the world aureila- beautiful name!
Well done also Fatima - welcome Meredith!!!! ( I think Grey,s anatomy)

Well once you pop you just can't stop!!! Whose next I wonder!!!!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Sat 01-Dec-12 20:26:17

Eeee Fatima how wonderful, another beautiful name too <am stealing these for my list wink>

Hi all
Just realised I completely neglected this thread and I haven't been back to update.
Meredith was born last Friday 23rd at 9:03pm. She weighed 7lb 13oz. We've had a week of snuggles and she's beautiful smile

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Sat 01-Dec-12 17:34:42

Have been watching this thread because I love hearing news of new arrivals! Congratulations Tea and Bella , fab news smile

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Sat 01-Dec-12 17:21:05

Tea congratulations, well done you, oh enjoy those baby snuggles smilethanksthanks

Also congratulations Bella beautiful name smilesmile and so fast too!

Anyone else??? It's a good day to have a baby smile

Bellaboo123 Sat 01-Dec-12 16:21:27

Yes my first - our little girl aurelia was born at 1036 this morning weighing 5lb 14oz

Got to the hospital at 650 and was 9cm dilated!

TwistTee Sat 01-Dec-12 14:59:06

Congratulations Tea Great news!

Ebb Sat 01-Dec-12 14:47:40

Congratulations Teajunky Enjoy your newborn snuggles. smile

FestiveFannyFarts Sat 01-Dec-12 14:30:51

awww well done congratulations xxx do you have a name?

TeaJunky Sat 01-Dec-12 14:05:07

Hello all smile

My baby girl was born at 1:19, 1st December weighing in at 7.5lbs, by c-section.

She is perfect smilesmilesmile

LordOfThe5Rings Sat 01-Dec-12 13:52:27

Oooh how exciting for everyone.

I hope you all are cuddling your little ones right now :D

I have a while to go as 21+5 but makes me pretty glad haven't quite got to the discomfort level you lovely ladies have reached yet. It's just the start of the awkward kicks and frequent bathroom trips smile

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Sat 01-Dec-12 09:16:25

Hi Bella ooh sounds good, is this your first [nosey emoticon]

Bellaboo123 Sat 01-Dec-12 05:01:09

Can I join too please?

Due 11/12 but think I've been having contractions since midnight. Called MW who said sounds like early stages so I'm just trying to wish away the hours until I get to meet my LO!

Countmyblessings Sat 01-Dec-12 01:09:29

Ohhhh sorry Tea that this is not plain sailing!
But it's good too know lovely beautiful healthy baby in your arms real soon!
All the best nice date for a baby 01/12/12!
Def pack easy to eat snacks cause you'll starve in the hospital - mini chedders, peanuts crisps biscuits to build up your sugar levels!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Fri 30-Nov-12 15:42:01

Get some rest, plenty to eat and pack snacks. Oh good luck lovely brew you will meet your baby very very soon. X

If you pack snacks for your other half, don't put onion or tuna in for him, you do not want that being breathed out near you.

thanks for you, bear for baby tea.

TeaJunky Fri 30-Nov-12 15:39:12

Nothing yet blush

Going in at 8 to be induced shock

What can I doooooo help!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Fri 30-Nov-12 09:47:50

<joins Festivefanny waiting for news brewbrew - anyone else want one?>

FestiveFannyFarts Fri 30-Nov-12 09:26:48

Any news yet tea???? waits patiently

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Fri 30-Nov-12 07:03:37

Oh Tea that is wonderful smilesmile thanks good luck.

Countmyblessings Fri 30-Nov-12 02:13:21

Ohhhhhh Tea - that's wonderful news and I do hope your labour is quick and as painless as possible!!!
Hopefully will wake up to the happy news of a baby on this thread!!!
Eeeeeekkkkkkkkk how exciting!!!!!
Bex - your next come on baby get a wiggle on!!!! The 12 dec does seem so far off but as said I'm sure you won't make that date!!!!

TeaJunky Fri 30-Nov-12 01:26:09

Oooh some exciting news ladies...

DH, dd and I were having a lovely, cosy evening, DH on laptop downloading films to watch later, dd drawing tinkerbells with her new crayola, and me pottering in the kitchen making a lamb chop dinner..when there was a sudden trickle and then a big GUSH and my waters broke! shock

It wouldn't stop and I yelled to DH that my waters have broken, who came running with dd (who wanted to know which glass mummy had broken and where was the water spilt grin) ....

Anyway! I've been in to hospital and am only 2cm so came home to 'mobilise' hmm don't know what that involves exactly but ive cleaned my kitchen and put the dryer on while waiting for thR contractions to kick in! grin

Going to sleep now...will keep you ladies posted smile xxx

TeaJunky Thu 29-Nov-12 08:00:37

Oh and bex, sorry to hear bout thrush and your discomfort sad ..have you tried plain live yoghurt down there ? It does really help.

TeaJunky Thu 29-Nov-12 07:58:57

Hiya bex, welcome welcome!

It's the pain and the twinges that make you think it's happening - so frustrating isn't it! And wow you're with me on 12th, how lovely smile

Im having pains this morning...but I won't hold my breath. They go after an hour.,first time I actually want pain to hang around/worsen!

Festive, oh he has no issue with helping to get it out the way he put it in grin

BexGershon Thu 29-Nov-12 05:20:11

Hello all, can I join??
Today is my due date and...nothing!!
Have been having a few twinges until now but my midwife said I'm still not engaged and nothing will happen until I am!
It's odd as I have having bad back pain and feel it couldbe my time...baby will come when it's ready I suppose.
tea I have also been given the 12th as my induction...how the hell I'll wait till then I don't know!!!!!
I have really bad thrush at the moment so along with the normal pregnancy pains i am just so uncomfortable now sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now