Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

When did you start showing/getting a bump?

(4 Posts)
xmasevebundle Sun 18-Nov-12 16:39:46

I started to show around 16-17weeks. I did annoy me as i looked fat but not pregnant. My bump didnt go soild until 25 weeks. I could feel DS when i layed down.

I use to hate having a huge bump, now i quite like it! Apart from bending down and getting my leggings on grin

goodbyekitty123 Sun 18-Nov-12 09:33:32

Well that makes me feel much better. I was starting to think maybe I was just going to have a soft belly throughout as I don't remember this at all from my first pregnancy.

TwitchyTail Sun 18-Nov-12 09:28:57

Pretty early (like 8 weeks - first baby) but I'm normally very thin and think it was just bloat at first. Like you it was a soft "belly" rather than a bump.

Proper solid bump gradually emerged after 16 weeks and at 22 weeks, it is obvious smile

goodbyekitty123 Sun 18-Nov-12 09:05:57

Hi I am 14 weeks today and just feel fat. Although this is my second pregnancy I can't remember what stage I started getting a bump with DS as it was over 3 years ago! confused
I look pregnant when I'm dressed but rather than a solid "bump" it feels soft like I've put on weight. I was small before I got pregnant (size 8-10) and never used to put on weight on my stomach so I'm hoping this is a temporary thing and it will harden up soon as my uterus gets bigger.
I was just wondering when you all started getting a proper bump and if you developed a "belly" before it hardened up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now