Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(987 Posts)

Before the first thread fills and locks a 2nd thread for us getting braver!

Countmyblessings Sun 09-Dec-12 07:33:00

Congrats - Backwards that great news on the job!
Knowing that you have another great thing to look forwards to is good!
001/gem - yes due dates are very hard and being pregnant sometimes comes with waves of guilt but it gets easier! My last due date would of been 17th dec and the one before 28th dec - so 2 in December but I'm so grateful I'm pregnant as I can have something to really look forwards too!
A loss of a parents really seems to hit harder when the Christmas hols come around as you know they would of been sitting around the dinner table, my mum hosted all our family Christmas dinners but since she's past! We have taken that duty on and its hard!!!
Trust me no one is taking my baby hugs from me, after all I've been through - this baby is mine all mine!!! And if MIL don't like it she can have her own baby to have and to hold!!!!!!
Ell- glad your getting a scan as you def need the reassurance all is well good luck and sorry about the MS! Ginger helped me, ate loads if biscuits!
Right next post new thread!!!!

Of course babies know who mum is! Your MIL sounds bonkers!

I take some comfort that its not just my dc she does it with, I actually took our nephew off her recently as he was sobbing and she was chuckling yet not doing anything to pacify him, no jigging nothing, he's nearly 5mo. Just said 'come her sweetie, we'll go for a walk so Grandma can watch tv in peace' passive aggresive? She seemed oblivious so it worked.

WLmum Sat 08-Dec-12 21:50:54

Weird reaction to laugh - that would get my goat for sure! Your mil is wrong, babies know right from the start who mummy is - it's an evolutionary protection thing.

Hope your ok bonzo, how are things going? xxx

My mil thinks babys don't know any different and one person can comfort them aswell as the next, and whether its nerves I don't know but she laughs the whole time they cry, I'm far more confident than when the big two arrived, so she's in for one hell of a shock, this is my baby. Sounds awful but its the main reason I breastfeed as I can lie and say its hunger and get them back. <Bad person>

I brought a small christmas present for wriggler yesterday, a lamaze peacock, its so cute, can't believe in 10 and a bit days ill have my baby!

WLmum Sat 08-Dec-12 20:42:58

Sounds like the in laws are a common nightmare. I did have to shout at fil week before last for not handing over dd2 when she was screaming for me. Yes, normally he is a firm favourite of hers but sometimes kids just want their mums, and I probably shouldn't have shouted at him but every bit of me wanted to scoop her up and he was preventing it.

bonzo77 Sat 08-Dec-12 20:19:39

Do not even mention in laws. I have just had a row with mine!

Yes yes to anniversaries. This baby's edd was the 1 yr anniversary of my erpc.

I'm so glad its not just me who feels this way, I've been delicately organising christmas in a way that prevents too much time with --the baby snatcher-- my Mil, I've told dp already this is our baby and if it wants holding, ill be doing it, or him, I feel like I've been waiting for eternity for it to arrive and No one, not anyone is stealing one minute from me. Mil has reduced me to tears after the big two were born constantly taking them off me, she'll be greeted with many NO's this time.

WLmum Sat 08-Dec-12 18:11:29

Agree 001, gem you just hog him as much as you like, he is your extra precious little bundle and you have every right to hog him. I remember hiding in the house from mil when dd1 was new cos I just wanted some time with no sharing. That's one reason I really hope bf will work out again (did with dd2, not with dd1) cos no-one but me can have those cuddles.

001001 Sat 08-Dec-12 17:12:25

State another difficult day to get through but so much to look forward to x And gem, don't mind what others think, your baby will be extra precious because of what you have been through so you be ad precious as you like!

gemdrop84 Sat 08-Dec-12 14:16:01

I understand state, my last mc was 10th Jan this year and with ds's due date on 17th it will be very weird. Also starting to feel slightly afraid I'm going to hog him a bit after he's born and I'm going to be seen as being a bit precious as most people don't quite know what's happened in last couple of years.

WLmum Sat 08-Dec-12 13:01:03

Oh bless u x

Its a year today since my MMC was discovered so I feel a bit weird.

Will sort the new thread shortly.

WLmum Sat 08-Dec-12 07:55:57

Thanks state, I would give it a go but only have my phone so not sure I'd be able. Hope you feel better today, not entirely sure I do so far!

We've got 20 something posts to go, ill start a new one tomorrow when I'm on the laptop and link it here smile

I am so uncomfortable and irritable tonight think I need a nice long bath tomorrow.

WLmum Fri 07-Dec-12 21:10:28

Are we going to run out of room on this thread again soon? Would hate to lose it after all this time!

Huge hugs 001 x

Congratulations backward

Don't lay on it if you can avoid it mrs mine was a bit sore then I slept on it and was very uncomfortable for a few days.

gemdrop84 Fri 07-Dec-12 19:40:29

great news backwards congratulations! hope your arm isn't too sore mrsr 001 big hugs to you x

WLmum Fri 07-Dec-12 19:32:46

Ah 001 sorry to hear that, it really must be so very tough. Reminds us to cherish those we love.

mrs I hope your arm doesn't get too sore, despite hearing others having very sore arms from whooping cough and flu jabs, mine were absolutely fine.

001001 Fri 07-Dec-12 19:24:15

Congratulations backwards, a lovely new job, when does it start? WL. and state, hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you.

I am having a sad day, would have been my dad's birthday today but he passed away in October last year at the far too young age of 57, exactly one month before I lost my baby at 16 weeks so lots of thoughts going round my head. Even wrote happy birthday on his fb page which we can't bring ourselves to close blush

Happy birthday daddy. wine

MrsReiver Fri 07-Dec-12 18:38:02

Congrats due all round! Well done on the new job Backward, and huge congrats on your little boy Bonzo!

WL , State and Ellie I'm sorry you're having a rough time, hope you all manage to get some rest and feel better soon.

Whooping cough vac this morning, my lovely DH had the day off some came along for moral support. Arm a little sore, but not too bad at all!

WLmum Fri 07-Dec-12 18:36:43

Fab! Couldn't have worked out better then. Better make it 2 glasses of fizzy water!

Yes - I'm not breaking service by moving schools, so I'm entitled to the same as normal smile

WLmum Fri 07-Dec-12 18:16:53

That's great, will you be able to go back there after you've had a period of mat leave?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now