Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(987 Posts)

Before the first thread fills and locks a 2nd thread for us getting braver!

WLmum Tue 04-Dec-12 19:18:58

Hey Swansea! How are you and the little man?

Hey swansea hope your doing ok smile

May have just scared the hell out of myself, realised just two weekends left with just two dc...

WLmum Tue 04-Dec-12 20:19:45

I know state, I'm torn at the moment between wanting baby to hang on in there until 18th vs just wanting to get on with it now and stuff the stuff I haven't got done!

WLmum Tue 04-Dec-12 20:20:30

Am v fed up with getting up a zillion times a night to pee! I was never like this with dds.

I feel exactly the same, I'm up atleast every two hours, good practice I guess, but I'm sure I don't pee that often in the day!!! I slept 12-5.40 the other day and felt soo good for it, first time in ages.

I do love being pregnant, and I'm always a bit sad when that stage is done, but once this baby is here I can see its ok, but then I feel totally unprepared. Argh torn!

WLmum Tue 04-Dec-12 21:08:51

At least when you're up with baby you get a nice cuddle and quiet time to gaze at him/her and stroke his/her head which with other dcs about you don't get enough of in the day. On the other hand, it only takes a minute to pee! Really quite excited about cuddles now, there's nothing like a newborn curled up on your shoulder.

Countmyblessings Tue 04-Dec-12 21:14:11

All the best for you Bonzo!!!
Ahhhh State - I understand that feeling!!!
Baby snuggles and cuddles with a baby is priceless!!!

Its been so long since I've held a newborn, dd is 4 now and the youngest in my family I can't wait for that newborn smell and fluffy little head, or in my dcs cases fluffy ears smile

WLmum Tue 04-Dec-12 21:25:48

Ears rule!

Ds' used to 'stick' to his head when he was a tiny, and dds had a very tiny fine curl on the top and bottom that you could twiddle, ds is still quite furry at 5, white soft hair you can hardly see on his back and side of his face, it feels gorgeous.

MrsReiver Tue 04-Dec-12 22:15:54

I think she's before 12 weeks but they've been forced to reveal it because of her hospital admission. Really sad that they can't have their privacy, but such is the life of a royal. I imagine the years they were at uni were blissful as they were so protected.

Bonzo - how are you feeling?

I've got my horrible glucose challenge tomorrow, can't eat between midnight and midday so I'm about to go have a bowl of porridge! DH has promised me a gingerbread latte at the hospital's starbucks afterwards, and then we have a scan so I've got 2 things to look forward to!

Good luck tomorrow mrs they'd changed the 'drink' since my GTT with dd 4yrs ago, it was MUCH better, cold, liquid not syrup, easier to drink, tasted like cola bottles, and its meant to make you feel full so none of that nasty empty sick feeling.

MrsReiver Tue 04-Dec-12 22:41:56

When DH had his done he had lucozade, but none of that this time, I'll let you know what it's like grin I'm going Christmas shopping with him during the two hour wait to keep boredom at bay!

Just take it easy, it can make you feel a bit faint. Let us know how you get on x

MrsReiver Wed 05-Dec-12 15:51:48

Well, I'm glad that's over.

The drink was fine, just tasted like one of those rather minging kwenchy cup juices. Getting the blood taken was another matter - I've now got matching bruises on each arm. I was made to feel like it was my fault, despite the fact that no other health professional has EVER had trouble getting blood from me before. Honestly, I'm fairly certain DH could have done better blindfolded and in the dark. What a total farce.

The scan was fab - baby is measuring a wee bit small but still in normal range, and it's still floating in plenty fluid. I had to laugh when she was trying to track the blood flow through the chord - everytime she got it the baby grabbed the cord and moved it. It was incredible to watch the little hands darting out and batting at the chord.

Swab and urine test again as per usual, so just waiting for all the results to come in tomorrow or Friday. Consultant is still happy, so I'm happy. grin

Good to hear mrs, sorry they were useless at getting bloods, its rotten when they just can't get it right, seeing the baby 'do stuff' on the scan makes it so much more reassuring somehow doesn't it.

MrsReiver Wed 05-Dec-12 16:07:01

Each scan we have makes the baby seem more like a little person if you know what I mean.

Anyone here rhesus neg? They've got me in for a single dose of anti-d in 2 weeks, and I'm just wondering if I could postpone it until 33 weeks when I'm in for my next growth scan. DH is going to have to take a whole day off work for each appointment so we'd rather just combine it into one day if poss.

I know what you mean, I was amazed at 22wks watching it open its mouth and swallow fluid, you could see it going down, totally amazing.

Can't help you there I'm clueless, I'm sure someone on mn will know.

WLmum Wed 05-Dec-12 17:30:40

Glad to hear all is well mrs, but sorry the blood taker was rubbish - 'yes I am intentionally making my veins small and difficult to access'? Love seeing babes on scans, so amazing.

Looked at snow suits for my mum to buy to bring lo home from hospital once we know what flavour we've got! All getting a bit real now - exciting and scary!

Snowsuit was the first thing I brought, as I fell totally in love with a pure white supersoft fluffy one with teddy bear ears on from Gap, its the only unisex thing I've found and loved so had to get it, and I figured no point getting stressed over choosing a 'going home outfit' when its so blooming cold all we'll see is the snowsuit. My mum and Aunt are poised and ready to shop the minute I spill the beans on what it is.

2 weeks today I will have a baby.

WLmum Wed 05-Dec-12 21:02:56

Yep, 13 days for me, or less - baby has been so active and pressing/pinching my down below that I can't believe that my waters haven't popped. I just too a crazy video of my belly and it's alien action.

bonzo77 Wed 05-Dec-12 22:55:20

I don't think I'll sleep tonight! 10 and a bit hours and I'll be on the operating table! Have packed and re packed my hospital bag. Got the tandem buggy out the shed. Built the garage that will be new baby's present to his big brother when we get home. Had a curry. Laughed at cat exploring the buggy and the garage. Put on a final load of laundry. Booked a cab to the hospital. Shared DH's disappointment that his stupid mother has told people about what is happening tomorrow even though he specifically asked her not to. She has form for this. As does my SIL. So I guess everyone will know. Grrr.

Will keep you posted.

bonzo sending you loads of love and luck for tomorrow, hope it goes smoothly for you! How exciting! My pils are the same, drives me insane.

Hopefully this time in two weeks ill have a snuffly fluffy newborn to cuddle!!!

WLmum Thu 06-Dec-12 07:13:07

Thinking of you bonzo can't wait to hear your news. Mil is just the same - sigh.

Xxxx

gemdrop84 Thu 06-Dec-12 07:53:49

best wishes for today bonzo, it's so exciting! and not long for you either state smile really exciting! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now