Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(987 Posts)

Before the first thread fills and locks a 2nd thread for us getting braver!

cad lovey if you think you felt flutters you more than likely did, at my anxious moments I could explain away movements, and I still do. Is the spotting just light pink, every wipe, less, more? Spotting is so common, Is there any way you can get in for an emergency scan or doppler apt to reassure you at all.
I totally understand you've lost faith in your body, I think we all have here, I laid in the bed the other night convinced if this baby survived to delivery it wouldn't make that, I mess with my own head I'm sure others do too. Take care and rest up.

Cadmum Sun 18-Nov-12 17:32:24

Thank you for your replies.

I am having kittens. I can show up at the hospital on a moment's notice and I am sure that they would perform any procedure for qhich I was willing to pay...

I even have a number for the consultant who saw me at 15 weeks and an emergency midwife.

The thing is that I just cannot bear the thought of making the call.. I know how stupid that sounds but I simply cannot face the chain of events that follows when I am so alone here and haven't even told my dcs..

sundaesundae Sun 18-Nov-12 17:35:54

It doesn't sound mad at all, I had to force myself to go to my 20 week scan for a similar (not the same, I have only ever had early losses, so I have no real right to post) reasons. It is easier to carry on and ignore things than hear what you fear, but there is a good chance it won't all have gone wrong and you can breathe again.

We are here for you, don't forget that, and we will be whatever happens. Oh and we all drive ourselves mental, I think it is normal!

Cadmum Sun 18-Nov-12 17:43:07

Sorry. I posted before I previewed. (Stupid phone!) It is 12:30 am here so I managed to sleep for 2 1/2 hours before waking up utterly paranoid. No spotting on latest trip to the loo.

I will ring the hospital i

n the morning and muddle through somehow.

State The spotting was scant and only first thing in the morning and again in the evening despite having been on my feet (and knicker checking) all day.

I am sorry to read that you are still worried as well. It is terrible, isn't it? I never even considered losing either of my first two pregnancies. I knew nothing about losses beyond the first 12 weeks and babies born still closer to term. Now I am a paranoid, inconsolable bundle of nerves.

Cadmum Sun 18-Nov-12 17:53:26

Thank you Sundae...

I already cancelled my regular antenatal appointment because I didn't want bad news on my birthday.

I have snuck out of my room so as to not disturb dh. Dd1 (13) is sobbing her heart out to ds1 (15) about how much she hates it here and how being here has caused her to lose all creative inspiration...

This is why I have not added to their burden and told them about this pregnancy. Sorry for over sharing.

No such thing as oversharing here cad in my totally unqualified opinion but from experience and things I've learnt on mc forums that sounds like ok spotting iyswim, more likely caused by rigourous wiping or something equally daft --yes I've caused this myself-- I totally understand the putting off hearing the worst, but there's more chance this baby is fine, I know myself I can explain away any flutters when anxious but drink a icy cold energy drink or coke (anything high sugar) and lie down for an hour on your left hand side, that's what my MW advised when I had wobbles. Take care, hope your older dcs are ok too xxxx

WLmum Sun 18-Nov-12 21:06:32

cad how horrid for you. If it's any consolation, I'm sure I felt a couple if flutters quite early - 14 ish weeks and then nothing for weeks - not really til after 20 weeks, and even then took a while to get really noticeable. One of the reasons I think was that my placenta was between my belly and the baby so absorbed much if the movement. I guess it all became more obvious when the placenta moved. Really hope that the spotting stops and is not a negative sign. I would def need to see someone for reassurance and would have a total breakdown if they wouldn't see me. Best of luck. Xx

WLmum Sun 18-Nov-12 21:11:01

state I really like the 3+3 seat layout of the multipla, and we briefly considered the Honda frv as well but apart from being out of our price range the boot spaces were just too small. 6 seats would have been great as my mum is actually a bit put out that there's no extra room for her in the new car! She was really hoping we'd get a 7 seater and actually the grand Picasso would have been fab but again out of our price range to start with, higher instance class etc. Oh well, they say you can't please all the people all the time!

001001 Sun 18-Nov-12 21:13:28

Cad I really hope you get some reassurance in the morning, we will be here for you.
Milli waiting until Christmas eve will be so hard but we will be keeping fx for you.
Arkady you have been through so much I hope things are a bit easier for you this time round
Alpha try not to stress about how the stress will affect the baby if that makes sense! Focus on what you can control and muddle through the rest.
Bonzo baby by Christmas ok a little eager but how exciting!
State is your baby here yet? You are my beacon of hope at the moment, no pressure :-)

Still concentrating obsessively on feeling movement, unfortunately this baby does not seem to be very active but then neither was ds so not necessarily a sign of anything wrong, hopefully the sign of an impending laid back baby... Feeling enough to keep calm and use my angelsounds doppler most days, best 25quid I ever spent! Spd so very uncomfortable, phoning for a physio appt tomorrow so hopefully back to normal soon. Lots of good vibes to all x

001001 Sun 18-Nov-12 21:14:42

Namechecking fail! I meant well...

That's why we went for a 6 seater neither of our Mums drive so its handy to have that extra seat, we went for an older multipla in the end as they made the newer ones more compact, so when we need a big boot we can move the back row of seats onto the front holes and slide them forwards.

We had a zafira before the multi and hated it, my Mum was most put out that we sold it in July as my brother and sister are 7 and 4yo it meant we couldn't do days out all togther, but it just cost so much, we get almost double MPG out of the multi and insurance is a 3rd of the cost of the zafiras! Madness.

Best thing about the multipla though is that I can have dc3 up front, my big two are wonderful but can do the daftest things and we do a lot of long journeys so its a weight of my mind. Kiddicare did stand puzzled for ages when fitting carseats though as the fit finder websites all list a multi as a 2/3/2 seat layout, and its not. We got good service though 3 blokes looking over the whole car phoning fiat etc to check they had all the facts before fitting and selling us a seat.

X post 001 not yet, just 4 more weeks, although if it kicks much harder it may burst out the sunroof itself!

bonzo77 Sun 18-Nov-12 21:59:43

001 Christmas Day is only 11 days early, and am hoping for an ELCS at 39 weeks (28/12/12) anyway, if there are no reasons for baby to come even earlier. TBH if movement is any guide then baby is fine regardless of running low on fluid.

DH and I were discussing cars. I've got a golf and am planning to stick with that for now, it fits 2 seats in the back fine. Not sure if the P&T will fit in the boot, but the bee does, and I'm not sure I'll need the tandem that often. If I do I'll swap cars with DH and drive his tank Honda accord estate.

I fitted my massive icandy pear in my friends golf easily if I popped off the rear wheels, p&t should be fine bonzo

I've just realised I've not actually tried folding/putting the pram in and out of the car.

Countmyblessings Sun 18-Nov-12 23:20:19

Cad - I'm praying that all will be well I wouldn't wish how your feeling on anyone and waiting is awful!!!
Take care and share your concerns with DH as you shouldn't be going through this without his full support!!!!

Cadmum Mon 19-Nov-12 06:28:25

I told dh. He is always supportive but there is not much he can do or say at this stage.

I have emailed hospital to request an appointment with a scan. (This is easier than ringing with the language barrier.)

Brown sporting (on loo roll) this morning which I know is generally considered old blood and less worrying but was the first real symptom of my first mmc.)

elliejjtiny Mon 19-Nov-12 14:37:39

We have a toyota aygo and our P&T fits in the boot fine if you take one wheel off and give it a good shove grin. It only fits 2 car seats in the back though so if the dating scan shows this one is ok we'll be looking for a 6/7 seater.

WLmum Tue 20-Nov-12 19:09:13

Ok, had pedicure this morning (been so long since I've been able to reach my feet I thought it a justifiable treat!) and getting haircut tonight - if I do go into early labour my top and bottom will look good even if the rest of me is shot! Should have 4 weeks to go but really feeling a bit nervous now...

wifey6 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:48:20

WLmum...that sounds like a lovely treat!
I had my first accupuncture session tonight smile

WLmum Tue 20-Nov-12 21:06:41

Oooh whatcha having acupuncture for? It was such a lovely treat - new resolution to try for more than once a year!

Countmyblessings Tue 20-Nov-12 21:10:25

Cad - how are things today???
I really do hope all is well, as things are not always as bad as you think!
Got all crossed for you!

Cadmum Wed 21-Nov-12 02:54:47

count and all you lovely supportive women, I made an appointment for a scan tomorrow but woke up to more spotting and I am now feeling crampy as well. Dh is in meetings this morning but I think I might ask him to meet me at the hospital later.

gemdrop84 Wed 21-Nov-12 08:20:59

cad thoughts are with you and hope everything is ok.

sundaesundae Wed 21-Nov-12 08:45:21

Cad, thinking of you, fingers crossed it is nothing, we are here for you whatever comes next.

Countmyblessings Wed 21-Nov-12 09:20:58

Have all crossed for you and DH Cad - that it is all well and you get a peak at your little bean! All well xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now