Day 1 - can I give up yet?

(3 Posts)
SarahBumBarer Sat 16-Mar-13 15:20:57

Just wrote a really long post about how disheartened I am (on the first day) and while writing DS did his first wee in the potty. Hurrah! I have strength to carry on - for the rest of the day at least!

DS is 2.9 and strongly resistant to the potty and a poo denier so I have been dreading this. I have wee on my sofa and he wee'd on me earlier when I told him off but he just did a wee in his potty!!!! Yay!!!

So I had to share this and have a feeling I may still have a need for this thread yet...

MerryMingeWhingesAgain Sat 16-Mar-13 15:25:00

Yay grin

If they are ready and willing it can be very quick. If not, you are allowed to just give up and try again in a few months weeks.

Lots of praise and stickers encouraged DD when she was 3 but reluctant, DS was super keen and trained himself at 2.9 with not so much as a chocolate button needed.

SarahBumBarer Sat 16-Mar-13 15:35:16

I've had to give him malteasers just for sitting on the potty! He's going to want an entire mars bar if he ever does a poo on it! grin (no chance!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now