As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

first period after birth really heavy

(4 Posts)
Ambermacy84 Tue 02-Feb-16 19:39:27

Sorry if this is tmi but started my first period yesterday after having my ds in November. Am formula feeding. It's soooo heavy I am soaking through super tampon and night time sized pad every 1-2 hours. Anyone else have this?? It's heavier than the litchis straight after birth and makes me feel like I can't leave the house.

CurlsLDN Tue 02-Feb-16 19:41:21

Yes, I found the first three or four periods to be unusually heavy and painful, as did my friends. I doubled up super plus tampon and a sanitary towel and changed very regularly. Everything settled down within a few months though.

Ambermacy84 Tue 02-Feb-16 19:48:47

Thank goodness for that am so scared this is how they will be forever now! I had a haemorrhage after forcep delivery and ended up with a blood transfusion so have only just settled my iron levels. Was finally feeling a bit more normal now this sad

Thisismyfirsttime Tue 02-Feb-16 22:04:38

Oh, I thought it was just me! I wasn't much heavier than what I think would be usual as I'd been on the pill for a long long time post conception but it was heavier than a pill period and very very painful. Far more so than as a mid teen when I went on the pill. It cleared up after 6mths but at the same time I started the pill again so I am quite sure they were related.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now