Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2008 bubbas: Walking, Talking (& climbing!) Little Monkeys

(569 Posts)
monkeysmama Thu 15-Oct-09 10:15:12

Thought we deserved a new thread grin

julyooo Tue 18-Dec-12 09:58:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

landing Mon 10-Dec-12 07:32:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ucing Fri 23-Nov-12 09:14:54

ucing Fri 23-Nov-12 09:14:14

ucing Fri 23-Nov-12 09:13:45

ucing Fri 23-Nov-12 09:12:29

prada0217 Fri 23-Nov-12 07:48:23

prada0217 Fri 23-Nov-12 07:46:54

prada0217 Fri 23-Nov-12 07:45:37

landing Mon 19-Nov-12 09:13:25

julyaa Mon 19-Nov-12 09:05:51

Lucky2010 Mon 01-Mar-10 13:30:09
Lucky2010 Sun 28-Feb-10 12:58:13

I wanna see 'Avatar' again!!!

BaconWheatCrunchies Sat 27-Feb-10 23:30:49

Just been to see Avatar in 3D! Very impressed.

LM sorry to hear about last session feel sad for you

Lucky2010 Sat 27-Feb-10 19:28:12

in her bed, not bad.

Lucky2010 Sat 27-Feb-10 19:27:22

MM I only put DD2 in a bed cos she learnt how to climb out of her cot, even with her sleeping bag on, and I was worried she would hurt herself. She is much more adventurous than DD1 who stayed in her bad from day 1 hmm. Second child syndrome!!

HM Your DH never fails to amaze me [tsk!]

SHO good luck with Brownies! I was telling DD1 all about brownies today. I would just like to say (from memory)
'twist me and turn me and show me the elf, I looked in the mirror, and there saw.....myself!'.

pipaco love the new name too!

I had my last hydro session in the hospital pool yesterday (after 13 years). V sad sad. It makes front page news locally!!

BaconWheatCrunchies Fri 26-Feb-10 15:17:17

Pipoca like the name even more now I know what it means!

HM hope he's ok, and you have a good day despite the worry.

MM sounds like you had a fab time. I love living by the sea. You hear of some kids who hate standing of sand. Although when it gets stuck in there teeth and they grind on it it goes right through me. Some do seem to think it's nice to eat, eeeww.

pipoca Fri 26-Feb-10 14:36:41

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear about DH HM, hope everything is Ok, where is he now, is he abroad? How are you managing with 2 lOs? Did you sort out the going to the gym/creche thing?
Baiyu hope you feel better soon, the first trimester is knackering, isn't it? I'm still quite broody, but we're going to wait til at least April/May before ditching the contraception.
MM DS is still happy in a cot, make no attempt to get out so I'll be leaving him there for as long as possible. Great to hear about her sleeping thru, as I know she woke thru the night til quite recently. I wouldn't rock the boat if she's sleeping well in the cot. I was thinking closer to 3 for a bed, as long as he's OK in the cot til then.
Pipoca actually means popcorn in portuguese, always thought it was such a funny word, liked the sound of it!

Hope everyone is well, love to all..

shonnomanom Fri 26-Feb-10 10:42:46

oh HM that doesnt sound too good, hope everything is ok.
Is it not the Boys Brigade that says Dib Dib Dib? In Guiding they have the 3finger salute but they dont say anything, well apart from their Promise when they start. We'r starting with 8 girls and will have approx 22 by January. That is including 2 sets of indentical twins! shock The 1st set of twins have slightly different hair colour but the other set are a complete mirror image, apparently their parents even get confused!

MM I love being by the sea, and last year dd loved the sand. Hopefully we'l get some decent weather this Easter hols and we'l get over to the coast. Sounds like it is a great picture.

I miss going to the cinema sad pre dd we used to go nearly every week and usually at the drop of a hat as well. Im looking forward til she's old enough to come with.

Sho x

monkeysmama Fri 26-Feb-10 08:35:08

p.s Good luck Sho.

monkeysmama Fri 26-Feb-10 08:34:33

Hey girls

Just back from a few days up north with mum and dd. It was freezing but I enjoy the peace sometimes. I love London but at times the slog of living in a big city gets stressful. I feel like I spend half my life dragging the pram on and off public transport. Dd touched sand for the first time that she remembers and was fascinated by it. She filled one of her pockets with it hmm to bring back for her daddy. I took a brilliant photo of her on the beach - my mum had written her name in the sand and she grabbed the stick and was bending down "writing" so it looks like she's just written her own name.

HM hope you're alright - sounds a bit hmm dh switching off his phone when you're at home with 2 LOs.

I am going to the movies with my sis tonight and am stupidly excited. It's many months since I went out on my own. Let's just hope dp can manage to get home from work in time hmm.

Quick question - why did you decide to put you LOs in a bed now? It sounds a bit stupid but I've not even thought about it and wonder if I need to? Dd is sleeping through the night now from 7-630 but is still happy in her cot I think. I have a latent fear that I am not doing the things I should be with her.

Baiyu good to hear you're doing well.

BWW yes, I a the teeth woman. I've been 3 times but still have a lot of work to be done sad.

We've got a busy weekend with parties and friends visiting. Hope you all have a good one.

MM

harimosmummy Fri 26-Feb-10 07:41:11

sho Good luck from us too!!

dib dib dib... or whatever it is brownies say.

What is it brownies say? confused

I am feeling a bit biscuit today. Had a great day planned - to take kids to Windsor for a bus ride and for lnch with a friend, but DH was taken to hospital yesterday. I'm guessing a suspected HA (thankfully it wasn't) but then, because of how much he flies - he's due out in LA on Monday - they had to check for DVT too. I'm hoping they will let him fly home today. He got mad with me last night and then turned his phone off so i have hardly slept. sad

BaconWheatCrunchies Fri 26-Feb-10 07:13:53

Sho good luck Brown Owl!

shonnomanom Thu 25-Feb-10 22:20:08

hi-de-ho ladies

No ticks here at all. Dd climbs in/out of her cot during the day but doesnt attempt it at night in her bag. She still does circuits round the cot in her sleep, she would probably end up underneath the bed.
Speaking of which, she has started to climb under tables, chairs etc rather than walking around them.

We had my niece over night on Tuesday and then took her to playgroup on Wednesday morning. Was alot more successfull than I thought it would be. Even the part where I took the 2 girls to work Tues afternoon. Although I dont think I could handle that everyday, 2 1yo's and 2 7yo's running about the house for 3 hours aarrgghh

Yet another pregnancy announcement here. This time its my bff from high school, they'v been trying for a while so im well chuffed for them.

My new Brownie pack starts on Tuesday. Im Soo unbelievably(sp?) nervous about this, im was more relaxed about giving birth! I feel as everyone in the County is watching to see if/how badly we mess up. As Brown Owl that 'we' is actually me. EEK!

Hope everyone is well and their Lo's are behaving
Sho x

baiyu Thu 25-Feb-10 20:20:12

Hello all, apologies have been super knackered and hiding from the world a bit the last few weeks, all fine though. Looking forward to being out the first trimester and hopefully feeling a a bit better and telling people! (I'm 9 weeks now)

Big tick for bed sleeping here, DS in grobag in bed so he can get out and waddle to the door but doesn't bother, if he's having a whinge he does it in bed then goes back to sleep, result! Good luck to those trying to get LOs to stay put! HM hope youve got a big bed!

BWC nursery place sorted thanks, nervous but I like the place so feel better about it. Start date got pushed back to 25th March which is a bit annoying but not much I can do. So I'll be about 13 weeks when I start... Hmm.

Hm Just messaged you.

Feeling rough this evening, thanks for making me laugh with your wee stories everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now