Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FEB 2010 Proper threenagers now!!

(410 Posts)

Come on in, Chicas!

Dive into the bubbly and home-baking and take advantage of our deluxe creche....

JewelFairies Sat 02-Nov-13 16:42:29

shock

JewelFairies Sat 02-Nov-13 17:58:14

Mous hope you got home okay. It's howling out there. My lot aren't back yet, must be a good party (sulks some more).

JewelFairies Sun 03-Nov-13 02:19:25

I've sorted the clocks out and most of them now have the same time - in this case 2:18. Except my phone which is half an hour behind.

Sorry I haven't popped in for a while...
<marking place, back soon>

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Mon 04-Nov-13 12:18:00

waves to IC.
I am here between power cuts and router malfunctions!

JewelFairies Mon 04-Nov-13 14:35:01

I'm here too. Dh refused to let me go to work today so I've slept all day. Just got up to collect the girls from school (dd2 finishes at 3).

ScienceRocks Mon 04-Nov-13 16:38:37

I'm here too.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Mon 04-Nov-13 20:11:14

JF I hope you feel better soon, sounds more than a cold though take care!

JewelFairies Mon 04-Nov-13 20:16:58

Mous - It's quite similar to Christmas when I had flu (the real thing), including it coming on very quickly, having excruiciating pain in my legs and back, and not being able to get out of bed for nearly three days. Would be just my luck... I'm calling it a bad cold and plan to go to work tomorrow (where's the 'stupid' emoticon?).

rainbowweaver Tue 05-Nov-13 04:53:33

Also here, haven't done the 2nd test yet, scones.

jewel Glad your DH made you stay at home. When you're that tired, you just need to sleep. My birthday was also on Sunday and felt tired, so rested the whole day and celebrated at home instead of going out to celebrate. Felt much better yesterday!

scones you should see if you can sleep early too! maybe when the kids sleep!

SconesForTea Tue 05-Nov-13 07:18:22

Yep I know that half (or more) of the problem is that I have no reserves whatsoever. Like many parents, I'm running on empty. But there always seems to be so much to do in the evenings! The to-do list grows ever longer... which I also find stressful.. I love ticking things off a list smile

Happy birthday rainbow, I missed that on FB. No wonder you're tired, in your condition grin Spending the day in bed sounds like utter heaven. I mainly cooked and cleaned (and was a grumpy lunch guest to poor DSis).

JF

SconesForTea Tue 05-Nov-13 07:21:13

I REALLY hope you are NOT at work today! Your cold sounds extremely bad and your body needs to recover - you know that <wags finger> Aren't you interacting with the elderly too?

SconesForTea Tue 05-Nov-13 07:25:53

Thanks everyone for your kind words. The crisis isn't over yet (I felt very down yesterday morning and unable to cope with the girls) but I hope we've put steps in place to deal with it. A longer day and earlier start for me (only 15 mins later than your 5.45, JF, how do you do it?!) , a longer day in childcare for the girls, but hopefully fewer screaming fits in the mornings.

DD2 is 2! I'm a bit in shock.

JewelFairies Tue 05-Nov-13 07:46:07

Scones - no I'm not at work today... Got up earlier and realised there was no way I could get dressed and drive down the motorway for an hour in pouring rain. I've coughed all night and I'm still so achey that I can't stand up straight. Whatever this is, it's nasty. I haven't been ill since Christmas so I guess I was due something hideous.

JewelFairies Tue 05-Nov-13 07:48:31

Rainbow - happy birthday! :-)

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 05-Nov-13 07:53:11

JF I was going to say flu... Stay in bed!

Rainbow Happy Bday!

Scone, Good luck.

JewelFairies Tue 05-Nov-13 11:19:54

Beats me how I could ever think of going to work today. I can't even get dressed... confused

JewelFairies Tue 05-Nov-13 11:36:43

Beats me how I could ever think of going to work today. I can't even get dressed... confused

JewelFairies Tue 05-Nov-13 13:41:28

Oops, double post.
I've now had a shower and got dressed grin

JewelFairies Tue 05-Nov-13 16:17:33

What's happened to CP, are you still around?

rainbowweaver Wed 06-Nov-13 01:18:48

Well done for staying in bed jf!

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. DD made me several cards, which I will carefully stow away. smile

ClimbingPenguin Wed 06-Nov-13 21:59:26

erm still around (just) but haven't worked out how to unhide the thread yet. Just found it by going into my internet history.

rainbow huge congrats and lots of fingers crossed for you

scones happy b'day to DD. Sounds like you have some plans to put in place so i'm assuming a good convo happened with DH?

Have you had the new HV check yet? We had ours same week as parents evening at nursery. I'm sorry if it is bad form to brag, but DS came out above average in all areas, including the one we half ticked could only do somtimes (fine motor skills - it is the area I have neglected with both of mine, but especially once there were two of them). His key worker thinks he is a genius. He is bright, but I think it comes out more as his speech is pretty good. However, I think he will be cleverer enough to realise not to look it grin

JF hope you are resting. I had a day at home due to bad asthma, I remember having a grand notion that I would just work in bed as it was only walking around I couldn't do. 6 hours laters I woke up. Asthma is still not great, even with new inhaler. At least one episode a week, normally 2 or 3. Then again, if I didn't go out running it might be better. Am fed up of it affecting day to day life and exercise. though. Hope you don't pull anything coughing and if you do, get good painkillers

Work going mostly well. I enjoy it but my workload has got a bit silly so need to bring that up with my manager which i am procastinating about as don't want to appear shit. I know I have more than others, mostly because I am split between divisions but still feels like failure. My direct line manager is really good and I can be me around that team. My supervisor in another area is a bit shit though.

anyway enough about me, because frankly, that is always boring. Hope everyone else comes along and continues chatting, especially as rainbow has reappeared

JewelFairies Thu 07-Nov-13 09:16:49

Good to have you back CP. Your job sounds generally fine but the work load is a problem. And I don't like the sound of your asthma!! Get yourself checked out again for that!
I saw a GP friend this morning when I dropped the girls off at school and he said from what I describe (sudden onset, pain in legs and back, not getting out of bed for four straight days...) it sounds like I have proper flu. How lucky is that to get real flu twice within a year and not be ill in between? Wonder why I bother getting the flu vaccinations when I manage to get the strains not included in the jab.
I'm mostly out of bed now but everything I do brings me out in a cold sweat and I have to lie down for a bit. I've pretty much written this week off work-wise.

JewelFairies Thu 07-Nov-13 11:17:06

Do any of your dc who still need a nappy at night show any sign of not needing it? dd2 is desperate to get rid of her nappy but it is soaking wet each morning which makes her a little sad. I have explained to her that it's not something she can do at will and that her body is not quite ready yet.

JewelFairies Thu 07-Nov-13 13:49:30

CP Forgot to say grin to your ds. He sounds like a smart cookie grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now