Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - More group hugs and moral support please

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 08-Feb-13 23:19:17
MissMummy1 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:33:44

Place marking 4 pages in!

Pass yes primary. Preferance in upper stages. In all honesty the damage is usually already done by then too. From.experience on placements, early and poss first level are the crucial years. Hopefully CfE will iron out some flaws <sniggers and raises eyebrow>

It may well have been Mr Rankin's do although doubt it. He is a very quiet soul, I couldn't even tell you exactly which house is his. One of the posh ones anyway smile . (I'm sure you know which car he drives!!! wink )

DP's best friend's mum died yesterday. I never met her but she was like a second mother when he was growing up apparently. Think we will need to fly over for a funeral one day next week sad . I am tempted with staying an extra few days with M so to give us some space when he goes back to work. He has no idea how much he has upset me and as far as he is concerned nothing happened angry

MissMummy1 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:38:40

We are still EBF

Pikz Firstly, I'm glad you're feeling better, 12 weeks = amazing! Well done smile

As for nappies, we had to give our local children/family charity 5 unopened boxes of Pampers in size 2 in the week, luckily FIL has a nappy subscription on the go for us so we didn't lose any money and we'll just get a bigger size delivered. To be fair the charity have been a rock for me and my family since DS1 was diagnosed at 2 1/2 so I'm glad they will pass them on to another family who can use them who may be struggling. Size 3 here now, the 2s just couldn't hold in the erm.. numbers 2s! grin

In other entirely dull news, J is asleep and I need to do dishes and laundry <cba alert>

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 19:57:08

Thumb fist if possible! sucking has commenced in earnest. This appears to be reason for eating his hands this last week. hmm

So the dummy ain't good enough is it?! hmm

Stinky poo with chunks in - result of cold? Yes?

PetiteRaleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 20:06:32

Could be Detective LO has funny poos when bunged up - mucous - including today. Nothing to worry about smile

BigPigLittlePig Sat 09-Feb-13 20:15:46

<whispers very quietly> both children are in bed.
Don't know what to do probably fall asleep on the sofa

Thechick Sat 09-Feb-13 20:21:07

Thanks Stunt. He's such a boob monster, I can't imagine a time that he only feeds a couple of times a day, lol!!
I have a little one who has a cold and hasn't done a poo since Wed. Called nhs direct and they said not to worry until Monday!!!

Passmethecrisps Sat 09-Feb-13 20:28:23

Evenin all!

We went to a friend's for lunch today. P beamed and giggled and enjoyed cuddles. Did a nice poo then slept the rest of the visit. Awesome. She is asleep again now possibly dreaming of kittens and soy milk.

Hi-5 to all you exclusive boobers. I salute you and your magnificent norks - job well done ladies.

MM I agree about early stages. Part of my job means I read the Personal Pupil Report which follows every child through from nursery. I read every single thing right to their nursery enrolment. It is a massive eye opener. It is a sad thing to be able to look back and see that the chil who didn't know shapes or colours at nursery never caught up. Made me think of VQ's story about the child on the step. I have been known to have to sit with hankies while reading.

PetiteRaleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 20:28:45

I don't want to scare anyone but my ff DD1 is almost 2. She won't drink cow's milk, actually spits it out. Has 500ml of ff a day even now. On top of cheese, yoghurtsand any other which way I can get milk into her. It's bloody expensive

Passmethecrisps Sat 09-Feb-13 20:33:21

And telly! Personally, I like the telly on in the morning until I come too a bit. P is fascinated by the movement, shapes and colours. I don't sit her directly in front of it but sideways meaning she has to turn a bit to see it. At 5:30 she and I sit down - her in bouncer and me on the floor next to her - and we watch pointless together. I have a cup of tea and some toast and she watches me eat it. Then we hold hands and she chats. It is a nice chilled thing to do before bath and bed hour.

Passmethecrisps Sat 09-Feb-13 20:36:08

Wonder why she doesn't like it PR? Maybe she doesn't like the taste? I am not a fan of moo milk myself actually. We used to get our milk straight from the dairy out of the chillers. I used to get sent to get it as my wee arms couldn't reach in very far so I would scoop up essentially pure cream. Pretty rich on the old cornflakes

Passmethecrisps Sat 09-Feb-13 20:38:20

stunt I think sending me off to finish the ante-natal thread is a great idea! I can spraff all my shite over there and you guys only need to read it if you have nothing better to do.

YellowWellies Sat 09-Feb-13 20:41:18

We're still EBF and despite previous skirmishes with thrush and ongoing diet restrictions - still loving it. We plan on continuing until we TTC baby number 2 when Jonas is one - fingers crossed if I fall quickly we can have a summer baby. Due to family issues with premature birth tandem feeding is too risky for my liking.

If we weren't planning on TTC I'd happily follow WHO guidance and keep going until he's two - but ask me again when he has teeth!!! shock

Thankfully I don't think our recent uptick in reflux is due to pork but rather a bag of salted cashew nuts that contained milk powder. A bag of fecking nuts!!!! Am sick of label checking!!!!

Went out for lunch today in St Andrew's stressed the need to avoid dairy and was presented with a sharing platter with big slabs of butter on it - grazing on everything. Thought St Andrew's students were meant to be bright angry sodding waitress. Counting down to reflux hell and reminding myself why I'll not be going out for dinner again any time soon sad

YellowWellies Sat 09-Feb-13 20:44:36

Awww pass hankies! You sweetie! smile

Evilwater Sat 09-Feb-13 20:59:01

Well another thread!
My Chinese meal went ok. Somehow. I put to much lime juice in the sauce, grr, but apart from that it was very nice.

DP could only manage about just under an hour of N, how he is going to look after him when I go back to work I don't know? I'm glad I'm looking into nurseries.

Evil

Pikz Sat 09-Feb-13 21:20:27

Pass your tv watching creates lovely mental pictures

ValiumQueen Sat 09-Feb-13 21:29:56

Mmmmm.... the things I would do to Dexter Morgan given half a chance ....

horseylady Sat 09-Feb-13 21:33:08

No exclusive boob ever here sad sad really sad I'm a hound not a horse. Though I'm a jan birthday so maybe I'm not a hound? I never understood it.

Burnt myself really badly today. Look like I've got some mega disease. It's not. It's just a mega splattered burn. I'll look fab at the christening tomorrow....

Cacacaz Sat 09-Feb-13 21:39:24

We are still ebf too, M has a bottle of expressed milk every day. I have a freezer full of milk and its got to the point I'm having to chuck some away. I have contacted the milk bank at Yorkhill to find out if they can take some of it off my hands. I'm hoping to feed as long as possible.

PR I don't drink milk and haven't since I was about the same age as your dd. I have to eat readybrek for breakfast as it contains calcium, would your dd eat it?

M is transfixed with the tv especially Friends as Dh constantly watches the comedy channel, oh and sky sports!

Evilwater Sat 09-Feb-13 21:40:59

I'm a rat in the Chinese calendar.
N is 4 months now and is only having four bottles a day. Each bottle he is having roughly 5-6 oz. Is this enough? confused
I'm worried as his forntenell is pulsing when he crying. He still has wet nappies and is still pooing.

Evil

ValiumQueen Sat 09-Feb-13 21:41:22

evil sorry to hear about the burn. Hope you heal quickly. You will look fab tomorrow as will little E. I so love his name. Often wish I had been brave enough to use it.

Not sure what J is doing tonight. Eating enough to sink a battleship. I chickened out of giving formula. I am fearful it will make things worse.

Evilwater Sat 09-Feb-13 21:42:41

Oh and N loves the TV too, He loves pretty much anything, but the brighter the better.
Evil

Evilwater Sat 09-Feb-13 21:43:51

VQ did you mean horsey?

Evil

Dixiebell Sat 09-Feb-13 21:44:24

Exclusive BF here. Fed ds1 until 14 months when he just wasn't interested any more. By that point he was down to one a day in the morning anyway, so never needed to express when I went back to work. DH gave Teddy a bottle (of EBM) today. Gonna keep giving once a week or so as not making the same mistake as last time with bottle refusal. Was bridesmaid for my sister when ds1 was about 5 months; spent a lot of the time in the bridal suite feeding him as ge wouldnt take a bottle and the bridesmaid dress, unsurprisingly, was not designed with easy access to boobs hmm. Had to unzip whole side of it or lift it up exposing my knickers to bf, and that wouldn't have been a pretty sight in the wedding photos.

This thread is not accepting new messages.