Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - Smiles all round!

(996 Posts)

And the one where Spotty's gang gets some sleep wink

Chloe55 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:00:14

I try to put her down asleep but she senses it and wakes up!

Chloe what if you keep your hands in her for a bit or something? I usually rock ds's Moses basket when I first put him down

Secondsop Thu 14-Feb-13 21:09:04

chloe when Z was unsettled when he was littler I used to keep my hand in the bassinet with him. But generally I co-slept.

Thanks for the formula tips, people. My only concern with giving him more is that he's a pukey baby but I could always stretch out a bitter feed couldn't I. He does get hungrier earlier than he used to, and isn't placated for long by some breastfeeding. And the extra crankiness/ hungriness has, now i think of it, coincided with him going back to pooing every other day not every day so maybe he does need some more.

IsThatTrue Thu 14-Feb-13 21:17:51

chloe I usually keep my hand on DS if he wiggles once in his crib.

Having a hot flush hmm I blame hormones!

utopian99 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:19:17

Hurrah for slings! O has been perking about since swimming this aft, i put him in the sling to make steak valentines supper and he has been asleep ever since! So dh and I have had a sit down supper (albeit with sleeping baby on my front, i can think of worse..)
Now snuggled up on sofa, with O still asleep on me, being fed chocolate. grin

Hoping this isn't going to be balanced out by upset day tomorrow - taking O for his BCG. Should i stock up on calpol?

Secondsop Thu 14-Feb-13 21:23:40

Whoops I meant a longer feed not a bitter feed!

utopian the bcg isn't meant to give them a temperature afterwards. I found the actual injection was worse for him but the aftermath better.

pmgkt Thu 14-Feb-13 21:35:04

seconds - when i up'd ed's feeds i would wind him every 20 ml, to avoid him being sick, and then slowly increase it so now he is on 180 ml feed and one winds once. The hv told me to increase the ammount too when he regularly empties it, or getting hungry quicker. he has one every 4 hours if that helps, and that is more than he should have for his weight.

pmgkt Thu 14-Feb-13 21:37:07

edward had his hip brace fitted today and has to wear it 23 hours a day til May. it feels strange not to feel a nappy when you hold him but given that it goes up his back it does make him feel more sturdy.

WLmum Thu 14-Feb-13 21:58:44

Sorry to hear about all the poorly babies. hales that must be worrying, fx.
pmgkt does he seem comfy in it? Bless his little hips!

I'm v tired tonight having had 3 awful nights in a row. Tried to put T down straight after big 2s bed but she wasn't having it. Just feeding to sleep (I hope) now - I never put her down awake either, that came much much later with big 2. Fx for a good night but I feel a bit strung out which never bodes well for me even if everyone else is asleep.

Had hoped that maybe DH and I could get back on it tonight - it had been so long! I'm just too tired now but also dug out our old johnny jar - contents expired in 2010!!! We've spent most of last 6 years ttc, sods law of course that if we use one of those fellas no 4 will be on the way!

Secondsop Thu 14-Feb-13 21:59:47

pmgkt thank you; when feeding, did Edward cry when you stopped after 20 mls to wind? z cries if we stop the feed before about 60ml to wind him. Perhaps that's because he needs more formula though. He's getting a bottle every 4 hours too and was already getting more than his weight should take before we decided (today) to up to 180mls, but after 2.5 hours he starts grizzling so I put him on the boob and after about 3 hours he generally really starts to get grizzly.

Good to hear that the brace makes him feel more sturdy; hope it helps him.

pmgkt Thu 14-Feb-13 22:37:18

No he didn't cry but he winds really easily so if you sit him up, he burps twice straight away and that's it, so its not a long process.

Re putting down asleep or awake, ed is always awake when he goes down mainly cos if he doesn't put himself to sleep he wakes up too soon and cries. If he settles himself he knows where he is so if he wakes its not a surprise and he goes off again. We do use a dummy though mainly during the day sleeps in his bouncee, otherwise he drops it and stirs at night.

Secondsop Thu 14-Feb-13 23:12:08

Ooh I wish Z winded that easily; sometimes he burps immediately but sometimes it's like getting blood from a stone.

SeymoreInOz Thu 14-Feb-13 23:55:07

Oh no Hales, I've got everything crossed for you. Acquired immunity to measles lasts around 2-4 months doesn't it? I hope she's still covered.

Jesus FoD that is really bad, is this a family GP that you've known for a while? Not that that excuses it, it's very odd behaviour. Can you see another doctor?

Well I've got mastitis again! My entire left boob is crimson and I feel awful. DH gave DS a dream feed of EBM and I was too tired to express. So I went for about 7 hours without feeding... it's my own fault.

DS bloody hates the pram! I tried changing it to pushchair mode this morning and he hated that more. Anyone else have this? I do love the sling, but sometimes it would be nice to pop him the pram, at 7kg DS is really starting to get in the way in the sling!

MaMaPo Fri 15-Feb-13 00:08:59

Hello all - just got a couple if hours and apparently c has been sleeping ok (on her daddy) so we will see if she's settled.

Hi Seymore, how's the weather? Poor you about mastitis and pram. Usually C falls asleep in her pram but if not she cries and then it's kind of unusable. I hope your little one has a big change of heart - our little lumps are getting heavier!

pmgkt Fri 15-Feb-13 00:22:33

We really need to work out a routine. We fed ed at 6, while we were eating our tea! and then he went to bed after his first ever bath with his big brother. He went into his cot in his own room. Anyway he slept til 11.50 so 6 hours nearly! Now just need it to fit with my body clock.

SeymoreInOz Fri 15-Feb-13 00:28:16

Hi MaMa good news that C has been sleeping, I hope she's over the worst of the jabs now, poor thing.

It's very wet here at the moment but still quite muggy. I'm getting confused about what to dress DS in. I put him in a vest and a sleepsuit for the school run and he was really sweaty when we got home. Just a vest it is then!

DS just cries in the pram too if he's awake. Helpful people come up and suggest that he's hungry and then look at me like hmm when I say he just prefers the sling.

halesball Fri 15-Feb-13 01:51:29

Oh i never thought of that Seymore, she should be immune to it because shes breastfeeding and i've had measles so i'll be immune FX anyway thank you for giving me that thought.

halesball Fri 15-Feb-13 03:37:50

Actually got H to sleep at 3:30 yay! Will try and get some sleep myself hope she has a couple of hours

Ds has done 3,2,3 between feeds so not too bad. Hopefully he'll go back to sleep after this one too

Oh he's not going back to sleep sad bet he will once dp's gone to work hmm

halesball Fri 15-Feb-13 06:03:30

And shes awake can how many nappies are you all using per day? I seem to be going through an awful lot of nappies on average 10-12. I'm not sure if thats normal or not.

Probably only 6 ish?maybe more if he's having a poo-ey day! I don't change him at night though

utopian99 Fri 15-Feb-13 06:17:05

I'd not thought of that either but fx for your little hales

The stabby pain came back, dh has ordered me to ask the doctor in the morning.. O woke for his normal feed at 3 and i was too tired to sit up properly so fed lying down in bed. All safe co sleeping position etc but fell asleep and have only just woken up, to find him merrily feeding away in his sleep! smile
Forgot the joys of more sleep this way as it's been a month really since he was okay in his hammock.

Also, looks like i'm getting a cold sore. Terrified of passing on, can he pick up the virus through feeding, if i make sure i don't touch my boob?

MaMaPo Fri 15-Feb-13 06:33:12

Utopian, I fed lying down for the last feed - my technique must be terrible because there was no way I could fall asleep during it!

EggsMichelle Fri 15-Feb-13 06:50:00

Spotty, progress is being made, he must have known he made you miss your nap yesterday!

Isn't cold sores just from direct contact? As long as you don't touch it, and keep your hands clean you should be fine.

We have had another 7hr stretch followed by 2.5hrs. He slept a lot in the day yesterday and had two ff's close together before bed, it's clearly doing the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now