Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2011 - my, oh my, how the first years flew by!! It's birthday season!!

(983 Posts)
MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 19-Sep-12 21:33:03

So excited that the first birthdays are upon us! Will try get a copy of the stats..

CheshireDing Fri 23-Nov-12 21:46:50

No words of advice here Mummy. I personally wouldn't want to see the other Family members though if I had never seen them before anyway, plus why have they not got in touch sooner if they are that arsed? hmm. Sounds like he phrases his texts in such a way that you have to contact him, otherwise then he can blame it on you though.

One poo a day here max but been screaming since 6pm and DH has gone out so there is nobody for me to pass her too and I am not a patient person. She has had all the drugs I can give her. I hate stupid teeth. I feel so sorry for her but I find constant noise very stressful (this I have learnt tonight).

Can we set up a babysitting service, including over night, whereby everyone hands their babies to the October Mummy for that day/night? If we set up a rota I might only have to put up with the screaming every 10 days or so grin Not sure how that would work with the overseas babies though!

Pene I think P is not awake sometimes when she yells through the monitor. It's like being woken in the middle of a horror movie grin

Climbingpenguin Fri 23-Nov-12 21:58:36

I didn't rock DS off tonight so he screamed for 45 mins while I lay with him. I just couldn't do it tonight as he wasn't any near off at 10 mins and I was losing my patience with him. Thought safer all round to just lay with him.

Sleep is generally on the up. Naps are starting to consolidate so he does at least an hour undisturbed at lunchtime, been a few 90 mins this week. <famous last words> and he feeds 2-3 times at night. Now need to convince DH to not work him off if we are going to work towards self settling.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sat 24-Nov-12 00:07:00

S let's out a few whimpers in the night sometimes. I put it down to dreams as most of the time she doesn't wake fully. Usually just enough to have a hunt round for her dummy then she settles again. There has been a few times though where she has woke screaming and is then usually a few hours to settle again. Can you see anymore teeth cheshire? Are you sure it's that? Is she rubbing her ears or anything? Poor pet, hope she is sleeping now!

Been talking with him today. I just don't know what to think/believe anymore. Apparently he is moving back to Glasgow in the next few weeks (currently lives a few hours drive from here) but still has job in his current place but is going to do the commute daily till a job comes up here hmm. I asked him why...? His answer was that he wants to be closer to S... shockconfused. Am I missing something somewhere?! I reiterated again that this is his last chance to which he replied he's serious this time. I guess time will tell!

Has everyone plans for the weekend? I'm working everyday from tomorrow right through till next fri sad. I'm not complaining, but I can see it far enough!

sassy34264 Sat 24-Nov-12 09:12:32

We are going to the community xmas party tonight. Well, we are supposed to be. Eva has just projectile vomited an almost full bottle of milk- she was still drinking it at the time. It went everywhere. Scrubbed carpet, bathed eva and put rug and her clothes in the wash. Poor child. I'm hoping it was just the milk and not a bug, but the other 2 had the same milk and they're fine, so maybe just wishful thinking.

mummy i like the highligting of him grin we refer to ex as prick. not quite as polite as you. obviously not in front of c though.

sassy34264 Sat 24-Nov-12 09:26:24

Forgot to say, i was carrying eva and isobel in each arm this morning, and could barely feel a difference. Put them both on the scales in the bathroom and eva weighs 20lbs and isobel 24lbs. Isobel is still in 12-18months clothes despite being 27months and eva is just getting into 12-18months as the 9=12 are getting a bit tight/small.

There is 15 months between them Just shows how petite isobel is. If i wasn't there when she was born, i'd swear she wasn't mine. There is no petite in my entire family. smile

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sat 24-Nov-12 09:40:51

E, I and J might start being mistaken for triplet!! grin
Hope she's ok sad

He is usually known by a word that starts with d and ends in k... blush

sassy34264 Sat 24-Nov-12 09:48:37

Doubtful, Jacob was 32lbs at the last weigh in........about 4 months ago shock

deffo my child.

When i weigh 11 stones, i fit into size 10 clothes. my mum looks tiny and weighs 10, and c, is slim with a flat belly and still weighs 2 stone more than what's considered normal for a 12 yr old. We are all just dense grin

Climbingpenguin Sat 24-Nov-12 09:51:09

DD is the same as I, we've just graduated to 18-24 clothes at 2.8.

DS is now wearing the clothes she was wearing when he was born. Sometimes I think he is small (all the babies his age seem to be 75% and up) and then I compare him to his sister. He's still down somewhere around the 9th mind.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sat 24-Nov-12 10:17:59

Funny how they all differ! Last weigh in for S about 6 wks ago she was 23lbs. She's just above the 75th line but height she is under the 50th. Short n chunky! grin. I've noticed she looking less 'chunky' bows she's running around. I doubt at next weigh in she will have put on much. Wearing 12-18 months comfy but still the odd 9-12 and some 18-24 tops hmm. Just have to roll sleeves and trousers up a bit in those!
Were the twins really early?

sassy34264 Sat 24-Nov-12 10:49:28

I was 35 and 5, when my waters broke.

Height wise eva is much smaller than isobel, but she's a lot more chunky.

Eva was 9lb 15 born
Isobel 6lbs 10 born

that might explain it!

climbing you're only petite though. She must take after you.

sassy34264 Sat 24-Nov-12 13:22:38

jacob been sick 4 times!

norovirus it is then.

god help me...........

Oh no sassy hope they don't all have it. Poor things.

When we had W weighed in hospital last week he came out at 8.8kg which is just under 20lb I think. He stupidly skinny tho and sees food as something that gets in the way of playing. He will eat a lot of fruit tho.

duck do things your way, he's lost any right to demand anything of you/S. It all sounds rather strange behaviour from him tho.

MrsHende Sat 24-Nov-12 20:28:09

sassy - nightmare. That is all.

sp, so glad W is home and on the mend!

duck, fingers crossed that he's actually serious and will be a positive person in S's life.

Happy birthday BB3 and littlepebble!!

Waves to everyone else smile.

LittlePebble Sun 25-Nov-12 18:36:18

Thanks MrsH and happy 30th BB3 for Friday x

Birthday was lovely DH even braved coming to cinema to watch twilight with me in evening bless him. Just had 11 for lunch plus 2 babies so E now out for count and I'm exhausted. His molars are really causing sleepless nights at the mo.

SP glad W is on mend x

Hope no one is flooded / washed away in all this rain sad

LittlePebble Tue 27-Nov-12 16:43:11

....did I break the thread?....

<walks around shining flashlight into corners of bus> yoo hoo! wink

Hey pebble <waves>

Been going through W's toy box today to see if we can cut it down a bit before he gets a load more stuff at Christmas but I'm finding it really hard he still plays with most of it he's just got to much!

Penelope1980 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:53:10

Hello! I am good, all up early in my household today because the Hobbit premier is in my town today and DH hopes to leave work early to go. Not that we'll see anything of course, the thing with only having a decent movie premier in your country every decade or so is that about 100,000 turn out!

LittlePebble Tue 27-Nov-12 19:18:01

grin

Strawberry I've been trying to do the same and as soon as I decide a toy can go he starts playing with it!

Pen envy I can't wait to see the hobbit

MummyDuckAndDuckling Tue 27-Nov-12 19:25:51

Yes, done the clear out a few weeks ago and put all into a bag, she has now decided to play with it all again!

Managed to pick up a lot of shifts the last few weeks which is good. Missing S though sad. Needs must!

How's the little trooper sp?
ips hope everything is well on your end

Waves to everyone else!

He's doing well thanks duck sleeping a bit better (only about 3 wakes a night now rather than every hour) still more clingy and wanting to know where me/DH are but healing fantastically. And he's learnt to walk!
Yay and sad about your shifts! Yay for money and sad for missing S.

sassy how is everyone now? All better I hope

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 28-Nov-12 22:16:44

That's great sp and yay for the walking! What a brave boy! So is that the end of the ops?

It's freezing here tonight! -1 when I was heading home from work at 7pm sad. Need to get S some long sleeve vests for sleeping at night. I never feel her room is warm enough, but you put the heater on and it's like the tropics within 20 mins. Can never get it right!

I got a text from my mum while I was at work to say S had drawn all over the walls with her bath crayons while my mum was making dinner shock. My defence was that she should have been supervised grin. I thought it would just be a little area, but nope. Hall is a T shape, and she has got every wall blush. Whoops!

Probably shouldn't but that did make me grin duck very artistic of her! As they are bath crayons will they wash off?

Yep that should (all being well) be the end of the ops. He'll be regularly monitored by Oxford until he's at least 10 though.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 28-Nov-12 22:39:18

I'm guessing they should come off, but the light was kept off so my dad wouldn't see grin. Hoping a few baby wipes may do the job! I'll need to get some photos before its cleaned off as its one for the album 'first drawing on the walls' grin

Brilliant re no more ops! How is your driving lessons going?

sassy34264 Thu 29-Nov-12 13:14:58

strawberry So glad W is on the mend. Kids are brilliant at moving on/getting better.

Well, we all got it, except dainty dot (isobel) teeniest of them all has a steel interior it would seem. grin It doesn't last too long once you've vomited everything up. tmi, sorry.

mummy we have every wall cololured in too, living and dining room. I was only making a bloody cup of tea. There is 3 of the buggers. hmm And it's not even the 1st time! My mum scrubbed it off the last lot whilst we were in italy. God knows how though, cos it won't come off this time. Crayons as oppose to pencil i think. Just going to paint over it when we come to sell it.

Very excitingly looking at houses this weekend. Have decided to sell one of the rentals and this house and get a bigger house. Can't frigging wait. We outgrew this one, before we even moved in.

ipswichwitch Thu 29-Nov-12 15:50:42

<waves to mummy> i'm doing ok thanks, off sick at the mo, due to arthritis flare up and mc issues. Got my scan on monday to see if everything has gone, so to speak. hopefully all is well then we can get on with the business of trying to make a baby <fingers crossed>
N is coming on in leaps and bounds now. he's bum shuffling so fast now, and constantly pulling himself up and wanting to walk - can do it with hands held. he's such a character. every bathtime he grabs the flannel and smacks it into the water making a huge mess and soaking me and his dad, while laughing like a drain the whole time grin

good to hear theres no more ops sp and a big yay for the walking. hope the waking starts to tail off. we've gone from every 1-2 hours to once and sometimes none!! N has taken to sleeping on his tummy, and sometimes starts crying/screaming but when we go up he's fast asleep. bad dreams maybe? or wind/teething i suppose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now