Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2010 - They've Got The Walking Down Pat, Now It's Chat Chat Chat

(753 Posts)
NoHunIntended Sun 01-Jan-12 22:45:58

Hello, October Mamas!
Make yourselves comfortable.

543Ty1HappyNewYear Sun 01-Jan-12 22:52:12

<settles down with milk, bottles and ear muffs>
<offers more ear muffs around>

Lovely place No Hun, I really like the title smile

Seriously Dd will not stop screeching and screaming at anybody. It is driving me mad grin
I am hoping by the time we do the next thread I will look at my first post, laugh wisely and believe it was just a phase and she is not really a little madam, princess grin

tiredfeet Sun 01-Jan-12 22:57:28

Oooh new year new thread I like it grin

NoHunIntended Sun 01-Jan-12 22:58:19

Phew! Glad you like it, Ty. smile

Aw! Bless her! I am sure it is just a phase! <that lasts another 17 years> grin

NoHunIntended Sun 01-Jan-12 22:59:12

Hello, tf, and welcome!

Good timing NoHun as dd took her first steps on Christmas Eve - three! - and then today did eight in a row a few times. I know some of yours have been walking for months and months, so we've just got in under the wire. She's into everything, including ds's toys which he's not madly keen on grin.

Ok, need some advice about totbots. I got my Cherrylicious which looked lovely, but was sorely disappointed the first time I used it as it leaked really badly after less than two hours. Not just wicking but properly wet. The blurb said it didn't need any other booster but do you guys use one? I've used it a couple more times but only for a short period each time.

NoHunIntended Mon 02-Jan-12 01:25:04

Hurrah! Well done, Junior ft! And aw bless re wanting her brother's toys! smile

I don't use a booster for my TotsBots EasyFits, they have always been brilliant. I think they say all babies are different, and some nappies just don't suit some bottoms. I don't know what to advise, really. If you have a booster about, you could try it, I guess.

HarrietJones Mon 02-Jan-12 09:05:27

I'm here!

Tyson86 Mon 02-Jan-12 11:41:19

Floozie our dc always seem to be on even keel.
Dd took her first independent steps a few days ago and can manage 8 in a row.
She only falls down due to pure excitement that she managed it and claps grin

Tyson86 Mon 02-Jan-12 11:42:27

Meant 5 in a row, sorry thinking of your dd to much grin

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 02-Jan-12 14:02:02

Great thread title NoHun smile. Congrats to your DDs on the walking Ty and Floozie it never fails to make me smile seeing DD racing about.

My parents have just left. DD is asleep- feel rather lonely! Work tomorrow and I seriously and not interested! I love being at home with DD and wish so much it could go on forever.

NoHunIntended Mon 02-Jan-12 15:53:02

Thanks, Mock. smile

Yay for all the walkers, now here come the talkers! (Praise for thread title gone to head!)

HarrietJones Mon 02-Jan-12 16:22:12

Dd3 prefers to say 'uh' hmm

NoHunIntended Mon 02-Jan-12 17:19:48

smile DS's favourite word is oosh! smile

Tyson86 Mon 02-Jan-12 20:42:38

Dd when she is not screaming tends to say adada it is rather cute smile

NoHunIntended Wed 04-Jan-12 18:34:28

They are getting cuter and cuter, aren't they! smile

DS comes and gives me a huge squeeze when I ask for a cuddle, I love it! Arms wide, squeeeeeze. Bliss. Kisses too.

HarrietJones Wed 04-Jan-12 19:14:21

I got woke up the other day with a kiss!

MockingbirdsNotForSale Wed 04-Jan-12 21:16:18

I'm getting kisses too smile and DD's form og hug which tend to involve climbing me. DD'd favourite words are HIYA! said all the time, yes, push (because she likes to push the light switch on/off) Dada, nyum nyum and Traaceee (the childminder's name) grin.

NoHunIntended Wed 04-Jan-12 22:54:42

Gotta love the kisses!

DS says 'go' a lt. DH has fun conversations with him along the lines of:
DH: On your marks, get set ...
DS: Go!
DH: Name a board game.
DS: Go!

Heh heh!

Tyson86 Wed 04-Jan-12 23:26:17

I get kisses too, one day soon I am sure she will close her mouth to kiss grin

HarrietJones Thu 05-Jan-12 07:56:52

Know what you mean Ty , got a lovely yoghurt one the other day!

Anyone else's toddler do zombie running? Arms out ,going 'arghh' grin

tiredfeet Thu 05-Jan-12 19:33:22

Ds's favourite word is "doggo" (for doggy). Every dog we see necessitates him bouncing excitedly, pointing and shouting doggo. Even a girl dressed up as a dog grin

I Love the kisses! I get them all over my face each morning, have to wipe off the slobber!

tiredfeet Thu 05-Jan-12 19:33:22

Ds's favourite word is "doggo" (for doggy). Every dog we see necessitates him bouncing excitedly, pointing and shouting doggo. Even a girl dressed up as a dog grin

I Love the kisses! I get them all over my face each morning, have to wipe off the slobber!

NoHunIntended Fri 06-Jan-12 22:02:57

HJ, ours runs sometimes with his arms outstretched BEHIND him, like he is about to take off! He climbs everywhere, sooo adventurous. Little scamp!

HarrietJones Sat 07-Jan-12 07:58:29

Dd3 is only little & has to get a box to get on the settee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now