Who are you voting for and Why?

(466 Posts)
RudyMentary Sun 26-Apr-15 08:25:11

Is there are particular policy you agree/disagree with or that affects you personally?

Is it a tactical vote?

Thanks

RudyMentary Sun 26-Apr-15 08:29:04

Perhaps I should have said 'which party?'

RudyMentary Sun 26-Apr-15 09:46:48

I'm obviously not the only one undecided then wink

quesadillas Sun 26-Apr-15 14:54:12

I'm voting Conservative to keep UKIP out. I don't seriuosly think UKIP will win, but they'll certainly get a lot of support. I'd rather help to make sure. I've always been a Labour girl in the past, so it'll be difficult!

ishouldcocoa Sun 26-Apr-15 14:55:32

I have voted Conservative with a very heavy heart. (Postal vote)

quesadillas Sun 26-Apr-15 14:55:56

I should stress that those comments are purely related to my area. I don't think UKIP have any chance of winning the whole election, but I belive my constituency is one of their targets.

NapoleonsNose Sun 26-Apr-15 14:58:43

Labour party member but voting LibDem tactically to keep the Tories out as Labour have a hope in hell's chance here - LibDem/Tory marginal and Labour are lucky to poll even 10% of the vote.

Pantygirdl Sun 26-Apr-15 15:00:17

Lib dems to try and keep conservatives out. Labour have no chance here, plus their candidate is awful.

NonDom Sun 26-Apr-15 17:46:15

Conservative. It's the economy, stupid.

newbieman1978 Sun 26-Apr-15 18:06:32

Slim Conservative majority in my constituency which has flip flopped between Labour and Tory over the years.
So I'll vote Conservative as I think they are best placed to keep the country moving forward but also to keep Labour out.

The Labour Party is still full of Blair/Brown ites who help lead us into costly unfounded wars and spent money like it was going out of fashion. They want to do the same again and I for one don't want to go back to that.
Labour haven't served anywhere near enough penitence for the mess they caused.

chocoluvva Sun 26-Apr-15 18:11:24

Considered voting lib dem (again) especially this time to keep the snp out, but voting lib-dem might let a minority conservative govt in again.

So I'm going to vote green, although I actually disagree with some of their policies.

silveroldie2 Sun 26-Apr-15 19:23:43

I will vote Conservative - best for the economy.

ragged Sun 26-Apr-15 19:38:58

Every party has at least one policy I rather don't like, argh.
I'm voting Libdem MP & Labour in locals.
Libdem councillor didn't even reply to a letter I wrote & the Labour guys have been out here twice(!)
I think I'd like a Libdem-Con coalition again in Westminster, although I really don't think I'm a Tory voter at heart. If SNP weren't so against Trident I'd be ok with them.

RudyMentary Sun 26-Apr-15 21:38:41

Thanks for the replies so far.

Seems lots of people are tactical voting.

MajesticWhine Mon 27-Apr-15 11:40:45

Liberal Democrat. Because their approach represents me the best. especially:
- a sensible balanced approach on the economy / taxes / borrowing / social justice
- mental health spending
- no referendum on europe thanks
- the right policies on housing

Psipsina Mon 27-Apr-15 11:45:38

I'm not. I normally do but I can't due to not wishing to be on the register.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation and there's nothing I can do about it.

If I were voting it would be labour

chocoluvva Mon 27-Apr-15 13:16:30

You don't want to be on the register! I'm intrigued.

Psipsina Mon 27-Apr-15 14:15:47

Don't be, it's mighty dull. smile

DamFineBeaver Mon 27-Apr-15 16:01:56

Green.

They're the only party backing the kind of monetary reform we need, and trying to end the banks' tyranny.

RedToothBrush Mon 27-Apr-15 16:09:09

Still undecided to a point, but think I will end up voting tactically and according to who I think is the better of the two local candidates with a realistic chance of getting in. Mainly because I can't see much difference nationally in what we'll end up with. Its a rock and a hard place.

If anyone is interested these two links are good guides to what the current polls are suggesting will happen.

may2015.com/category/seat-calculator/

www.electionforecast.co.uk/

The second is particularly good if you are considering voting tactically as it gives a breakdown on how close they think it will be in each constituency.

enigmacode Mon 27-Apr-15 16:10:46

Labour. The tories do not want to do anything about the wealth gap in this country. Their friends are making a killing.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 27-Apr-15 16:15:54

Scottish Green Party member. Tactically voting SNP in this election. Why? Because I think it'd be good to have some genuine Scottish representation at WM, rather than MPs who happen to have Scottish constituencies but whose policies all come from head office in London.

aquashiv Mon 27-Apr-15 16:22:10

Still on the fence.
The party of business and enterprise but seeing as there isn't one it will be hard. Think the Tories will get in again as they are considered a safer bet.

HelenF350 Mon 27-Apr-15 16:25:28

I would be voting Tory but decided on a tactical lib dem vote to hopefully keep out the SNP.

Jux Mon 27-Apr-15 16:26:43

Tory stronghold here, so I vote LD, UKIP or Green. Can barely face voting LD now, hate UKIP, so that leaves Green. sad

Tempted to just write my own name at the bottom of the paper and put a cross next to it. I know that's just another spoilt paper, but I think I'd feel better uselessly voting for me than uselessly voting for anyone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now