Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Frothy and Triumphant! Oh Come Lefties, Come Ye to anti ConDem-nay-tion!

(979 Posts)
KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:00:34

Fed up of the ConDems robbing the poorest and most vulnerable blind? Sympathetic to the squeezed middle? Have you eyes that can see the horrors that await the dismantling of our welfare state and all that is great and good in UK?

Then you're a frother. This is our safe-space to rally, vent and get organised. You are also welcome if you want to be better informed and/or do something.

#Frothers don't join - #frothers ARE. Check out the blog for information and actions you can take, like us on www.facebook.com/frothers Facebook for bite-sized chunks of frothiness you can read, like and share, or get ye to Twitter and tweet your frustrations using the #frothers hashtag or follow us @TMC_frothers.

Our blog toomanycuts.blogspot.com

Facebook www.facebook.com/frothers

Twitter Twitter.com/tmc_frothers

This is our 4th thread now!

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:28:58

If Dave would provide the midwives he promised maybe Wihara wouldn't be crapping at the thought of a contraction

SpringHeeledJack Tue 13-Dec-11 15:29:40

a frothy baby in the offing??

<jigs delightedly>

<and marks place>

TheMouseRanUpTheClock Tue 13-Dec-11 15:30:22

Marking my place, to catch up later.

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:31:10

How you doing Te?

TeWiharaMeriKirihimete Tue 13-Dec-11 15:33:13

Okay - it's stopped now.

Will try and distract DD and see if anything else happens grin

MrsM, I'm having a homebirth exactly because of that! 2 guaranteed midwives, local hospital keeps turning people away confused

ooh bookmarking, why have I not known about this?? Only been an MNer since 2008 envy

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:36:52

I had a homebirth. It was good as births go. The one-to-one MW care was great.

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:40:50

Wihara really? AFAIK, here (Barnet) if there are not enough midwives available, and there won't be, you get sent to the nearest available hospital. Which can be 30 minutes away by ambulance.

Am sticking me head round the door. I am here even if I don't say much because I can't make a coherent argument that extends beyond shouting BASTARDS!!

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:43:09

Our lot run different teams for hospital and community round here MrsM (Kingston).

It does mean though that you have no idea when the MW is coming to do your postnatal checks as they have to cover homebirths.

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:43:31

grin Clown

LynnCSchreiber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:43:54

marking place.

When are you due, Te?

A frothy birth. That would be something lovely to celebrate.

Bookmarking has not been around for that long, I don't think

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Tue 13-Dec-11 15:45:11

< clocks in >

TeWiharaMeriKirihimete Tue 13-Dec-11 15:52:25

Yes - that's what happens here, they send you to the nearest hospital, but it's fairly rural so it can be an hour plus journey and giving birth in the car park in reality... The HB team is seperate, but if the hospital is short they go in sometimes I think.

Due in 2 weeks so a bit early. Might have just been BH.

KnottyJustForChristmas Tue 13-Dec-11 15:52:49

Afternoon smile

Fantabulous title, darling.

Ginfox Tue 13-Dec-11 15:53:34

What Clown said.

Just found this thread, and had a quick peek at the Blog. Feel I have found my spiritual home.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Tue 13-Dec-11 15:55:17

welcome, ginfox

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Tue 13-Dec-11 15:55:50

have you see the other 3 threads ? (prepare for a long read)

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 16:01:02

I'll summarise for Gin. We got pissed off/rage-y/mucho saddo at the bastardisation of our welfare state.

We had a group hug on a thread.

A bright spark said "let's start a blog!"

Another said "let's get out onto Twitter and spread the news"

And, lo, the blog was born and the #frothers they did come forth and multiple, until they were a very great number and attracted the attention of The Guardian newspaper amongst others.

After some days in the wilderness, buttons were added to the blog with petition links for those that wished to Do Something.

And here we are!

mustdash Tue 13-Dec-11 16:07:49

smile you are all so fab smile
<<easily cheered up emoticon>>

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 16:09:45

Can I just say, chances are the the Guardian's attention was not drawn by a hashtag, but a sharp elbow across the supper table?

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 16:13:53

It was a PM on Twitter as it happens. To Zoe Williams.

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 16:17:19

envy that she follows you

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 16:18:45

I don't think she does. Bidisha wrote a lovely blog post too for which I am extremely grateful smile

They're good sorts those ladies at The Guardian.

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 16:19:13

Lefty good sorts, though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now