Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Frothy and Triumphant! Oh Come Lefties, Come Ye to anti ConDem-nay-tion!

(979 Posts)
KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:00:34

Fed up of the ConDems robbing the poorest and most vulnerable blind? Sympathetic to the squeezed middle? Have you eyes that can see the horrors that await the dismantling of our welfare state and all that is great and good in UK?

Then you're a frother. This is our safe-space to rally, vent and get organised. You are also welcome if you want to be better informed and/or do something.

#Frothers don't join - #frothers ARE. Check out the blog for information and actions you can take, like us on www.facebook.com/frothers Facebook for bite-sized chunks of frothiness you can read, like and share, or get ye to Twitter and tweet your frustrations using the #frothers hashtag or follow us @TMC_frothers.

Our blog toomanycuts.blogspot.com

Facebook www.facebook.com/frothers

Twitter Twitter.com/tmc_frothers

This is our 4th thread now!

MrsHuxtable Tue 13-Dec-11 15:06:31

Marking my place.

Peachy Tue 13-Dec-11 15:07:37

marking place as I am about to brave the evils of the school run in this terrible hailstormy weather. If I am gone too long, send out a resuce party <<brrrrr>>

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:09:23

I'm a righty frother.

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:10:36

And you are very welcome MrsMicawber if you identify with the "this is wrong, this is too much sentiment".

Leftie just scanned nicely (and most of us are lefty types but we do have the odd Tory!).

Hullygully Tue 13-Dec-11 15:10:52

What a fabulous title.

Dawndonnathatchristmasiscoming Tue 13-Dec-11 15:11:04

Back again. Keeping an eye and signing things.

[froths]

Hello all smile

Handy hint for those - like me! - who find it hard to keep track on fast moving threads like this one, you can opt in customise to highlight your own posts in a colour of your choice.
Very useful for popping in each day and marking your place as it's very easy to spot when scrolling through when you were here last smile

[wishes MN had a see posts from last visit thingummy!]

Full transcript of yesterday's Lords debate on the Welfare Reform Bill: is.gd/4dmtyN Next debate tomorrow after 3pm.

TeWiharaMeriKirihimete Tue 13-Dec-11 15:14:12

You can bookmark as well? If you hover over the bottom right hand corner of the last post you've read a little blue box comes up saying bookmark, press on that and next time you come on the thread it takes you straight there.

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:14:34

I think the problems started the minute they put their party names together. Was never really going to work, was it.

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:15:34

Oh yes, I have mine in a lovely purple.

Glad you like the title Hully smile Hunty has an excellent one for the next thread.

TeWiharaMeriKirihimete Tue 13-Dec-11 15:15:47

grin

V good point.

lubeybaublely Tue 13-Dec-11 15:16:40

<placemarking>

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:16:47

I think the problems started when the Lib Dems forgot their manifesto and Nick got into bed with Dave. So to speak.

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:18:03

Nick forgot his manifesto, Dave lied about his to begin with, and poor people got poorer.

Hullygully Tue 13-Dec-11 15:18:44

yy. When Nick bent over and said, Shove it right there Dave, just so long as I can be Deputy.

TeWiharaMeriKirihimete Tue 13-Dec-11 15:19:35

It is particularly unhelpful to have an election where nobody sticks by their campaign promises. Just to add to the deciding who to vote for was a complete waste of time side of things.

FontSnob Tue 13-Dec-11 15:20:12

Oh hunty, it's okay because the white paper says that no one will get less benefits than they do now....

hmm

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:21:03

MrsM I do declare, you are one of us!

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:23:59

I think some kind of law must be passed to make manifestos more binding.

Font but we know that's BOLLOCKS don't we?

TeWiharaMeriKirihimete Tue 13-Dec-11 15:26:22

Oh crap - I think I just had a contraction

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Dec-11 15:26:56

Why thank you Kate!

KateMiddlet0n Tue 13-Dec-11 15:27:41

Ooh! If we could make this a live birth thread Te that would get us more hits wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now