I would like my kids to read a nightly christian devotional, like scripture union or something. any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
Loveneverfails Wed 18-Jun-14 21:47:03

They are 10 8 and 6.

We are baptist church so in line with their christian teachings would be great grin

deepbluetr Wed 18-Jun-14 22:11:59

Are your kids happy about that?

Loveneverfails Wed 18-Jun-14 22:19:08

Very, it was them that asked me smile

zulubump Fri 20-Jun-14 13:45:14

Hi Loveneverfails, I go to a Methodist church and my dd (age 6) was given a booklet from a series called xtb (explore the Bible). So far it is exploring the stories of Paul in Acts and each day there are a few verses to read along with some explanation/discussion and activities like wordsearches. Dd seems to be really enjoying it and it each day it only takes 10-15 mins I'd say. And there is 65 days worth of exercises in the booklet. She needs a fair bit of help from me, so might be suitable for your 10 and 8yr olds too. It is published by the The Good Book Company and there are quite a few in the XTB book series, I think. HTH!

A friend has just started getting Topz for her DS from the Eden Book store (tis Googleable). Her DS is 7 and loves them.

cornflakegirl Fri 20-Jun-14 13:51:13

My 9yo DS has been using XTB for the last 2 years, and they are very good. There are 12 of them covering the major books and themes of the whole bible. As Zulu said, each day has a few verses to read, a short puzzle on the subject of the verses and a summary / response / prayer. (He's nearly finished the series now, so I need to work out what to get for him next.)

Loveneverfails Fri 20-Jun-14 20:15:56

thanks tons! Off to explore google.....grin

newlark Tue 22-Jul-14 22:39:32

My 7 yr old enjoys XTB which I think is aimed at 7-10 yr olds though she has been using it for a year. The one for the next age group up is called Discover here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now