I am woman!

(6 Posts)
Titchyboomboom Sun 24-Feb-13 08:06:47

I wrote a poem in my teens which still resonates with me today. It was about the female heart, always strong, always able to rise and beat again.

How do you feel being a woman impacts on your spirituality?

I am a pagan, and nature helps me feel truly wonderful and appreciate the woman I am...

IndigoBarbie Sun 24-Feb-13 21:51:44

Female energies are on the rise again, in a planetary sense smile
I have no idea how being a woman impacts my spirituality, but I feel glad that I am a woman.
Sharing your poem then??

Titchyboomboom Mon 25-Feb-13 00:47:51

I will see if I can find it but I have a feeling it is in the loft...

cantreachmytoes Mon 25-Feb-13 01:00:30

Being a woman is central to my spirituality - however it may be defined - and it always has been, I just didn't realise until after I gave birth. Now things have "clicked" and it seems that everything makes sense.

Titchyboomboom Mon 25-Feb-13 16:51:46

Me too, I have never felt so in tune as during pregnancy, birth and motherhood

As a pagan, both the male and the female are central to my spirituality, the duality that creates life.

My first foray into paganism was very Goddess-focused but it never felt truly balanced until I was initiated into Wicca and found the balance of male and female. It was also empowering to be part of a religion where women and men take on a supportive role to each other, though it could be joked that though male and female are equal in Wicca, the female is slightly more equal grin

It's lovely to celebrate and share in other people's experience of duality and creativity, so gender queer/homosexual etc. and it's good to explore boundaries, but as a straight woman I find most resonance with the heterosexual exploration of spirituality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now