time for a new spiritual thread about all things woo?

(296 Posts)
angelelle Fri 22-Feb-13 10:21:02

Hello
new poster on this part of mn and noticed looking back on this board that there used to be a lot more threads about all things woo. Is there any interest to start a general discussion thread? Be really nice to keep this thread to discussing various topics within the realm of spirituality and ask for those who would like too debate whether I am crazy or believe in unicorns to start another thread if they wish to discuss thissmile Ty.

So me? Well i am a reiki master...did my masters about 5 years ago but have sort of come away from it for various reasons. not sure if i want to continue with it. i believe in it but not sure its for me

At the moment I am quite into all things mediumship as i have found myself at a crossroads in life. amazing what a range of psychics there are out there. i have personally never had a reading where i thought the reader was completely accurate but i know many who have. my freakiest one was one who told me something about dd's appearance which i had mentioned to someone else recently. i have no idea how she knew it and still a bit freaked out!

I also seem to attract lovely woo people into my life. recently I met up with someone I did a course with. I had not mentioned anything about my interest in all things spiritual and she started to tell me about a reading she had and how her parents house is haunted. So now we meet regularly for coffee with our dds and have spiritual conversations.

Oh and i am also really into law of attraction.

So that's it from me. Please post if there is an interest in a thread of this nature. If not I shall ride into the sunset on my unicorn smile

Panadbois Mon 25-Feb-13 13:27:08

I go to my local Spiritualist Church every week. There's nice welcome, we sing a couple of hymns and pray, have a reading,and the guest medium give philosophy.

Must be said that the mediums that come along vary in 'ability'- some giving names and places, others grasping at straws.It has been a good three months since I have received a message at church and am starting to think what's wrong with me???!!!!

I have had a look on Amazon for 'The Secret', and the reviews are awful so didn't buy it. Convince me?

marissab Mon 25-Feb-13 13:43:40

Panadbois do you have netflix? The film is on there. I wouldn't have bought tge book but i watched it for free on there.

angelelle Mon 25-Feb-13 15:09:50

Pan. borrow from the library ..that's where i got mine although then went ahead and bought them. if you have to choose one i would say the magic as it gives you tools and the secret can come across as a bit American iyswim.

is anyone here able to explain to me how people work as empaths? I recently had a reading by a wonderful woman who really seemed to tune into emotions of me and others and i was wondering how this is done or how one can sense others feelings? Anyone ?

Re LOA i mainly apply it to money and one month i really needed an extra 1500 Pounds. Asked the universe and received almost that amount via three very unexpected sources. i amazed even myself ! Always remember to say thank you.

oh and i know about full stops and capitals but write on phone while bf dd so get a bit lazy [grins]

marissab Mon 25-Feb-13 16:45:06

I have a question. Does anyone have experience of children exhibiting past life knowledge? My oldest would walk up
And down the room at age 2, holding an invisible hand which creeped us all out. But my youngest who is also 2, has now started doing strange things too. She is very advanced in her speech and has been able to count quite high from about 18 months and is an exeptional speaker for her age. We've heard her say goodnight grandma over the monitor at bedtime. Grandma died many years ago. Today she did something strange. She picked up my ukulele and a plastic tube. She started to run the pipe across the strings of the uke and said "look mummy a violin!" we don't own or play the violin. I literally have no idea where she would have seen one or know how to play one! I don't even know what term to google to see if it's a common thing in kids.

Oopla Mon 25-Feb-13 16:51:04

I found the secret a bit meh. Think and grow rich is a bit of a classic.

Anyone into Huxley? I loaned a pile of them from the library a couple of years back and had them so long I now have a Massive fine. I should've paid more attention to think and grow rich grin

angelelle Mon 25-Feb-13 18:48:21

Marissa if you look back in this section there are a few threads on that ie children and past lives. Have you tried asking your dcs like'where were you before you came into mummies tummy '? Bit scary though I agree. again probably lots of resources out there on the net. I have no experience as dd only little but I already feel like she has an old soul ..but then I'm her mumsmile

Oopla Mon 25-Feb-13 19:09:32

Marissa that's spooky but also cool! Do you think grandma is watching over your DC's?

IndigoBarbie Mon 25-Feb-13 21:16:45

I'd class myself as an empath. I don't like using labels to describe things, but this seems to fit. I don't know how I do it, I just do. I have the ability to tune into peoples energy and over the years I have learned a lot from doing this. Even in every day life, I have become much more aware of people's thoughts, and true meanings behind their words, written, spoken or thought, and I know how energies can affect other people.
Marissa - my DS (just turned 3) speaks of my father, who passed the week after he was born. We don't speak about him very much in front of him, but he has been telling us things he couldn't know. I know my father is around me a lot, I have psychic/mediumistic abilities too.
I am, however, on the giant learning path of all of these things. I've been able to draw conclusions on how my 'woo' 'ness, has been around since I was a young child. I am always learning, and in doing so, I hope to help some one else with their 'stuff', or at least help them make some kind of sense of it, if it's already happened to me smile xx with love everyone xxx
celebrate your intuition

seeker Mon 25-Feb-13 21:34:29

Very small children have very vivid imaginations.........

IndigoBarbie Mon 25-Feb-13 22:01:24

Yes, they sure do seeker.
But, I am no longer a child, and I am able to discern and attempt to describe what I see/hear/feel from the invisible world, it's still there regardless of who believes me, or who can or can't see it or feel it for themselves. :D

Seeker, with all due respect, why do you always have to get your neb in with these posts?! OP made it perfectly clear she wasn't interested in a debate, this thread is for those with an interest or involvement in 'woo', not those, like yourself, who believe it's utter shite.

Why not go start a new thread? smile

IamtheZombie Mon 25-Feb-13 23:44:11

I am in the all things are possible camp. Leaning strongly to the woo side.

If anyone would like to tune into me, I could use the support.

angelelle Tue 26-Feb-13 09:42:32

Indigo. would love to discuss further about being an empath. I often feel I pick up energies of places or people close to me but not from people far away which I guess is an ability readers have when they look at a situation. I believe we all have some psychic ability, just some of us are further along the road.

A friend of mine recently completed the last part of a five part mediumship course. The final test was to read someone with a blindfold on. My friend actually freaked herself out with this reading ..pretty powerful stuff!

angelelle Wed 27-Feb-13 07:04:09

Marissa...trying to do a limk for you hete on children and past lives...hope it workssmile i too find past lives interesting and would love to be regressed but am a little bit nervous about it. I believe it needs to be taken very seriously so would need to find a practitioner I feel comfy with.

ok here's link http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/philosophy_religion_spirituality/390519-anyone-else-s-toddler-ever-spoken-about-past-life-experiences

angelelle Wed 27-Feb-13 07:04:54

One more shot [http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/philosophy_religion_spirituality/390519-anyone-else-s-toddler-ever-spoken-about-past-life-experiences]

angelelle Wed 27-Feb-13 07:05:13

Nopr...lol sorry

marissab Wed 27-Feb-13 07:51:18

It's fine. I can copy and paste. Will take a look during dd nap time. Thanks for that.

EllieArroway Wed 27-Feb-13 09:03:40

describe what I see/hear/feel from the invisible world

You can "see" something invisible? How amazing. Science would be intrigued by that if you'd care to share.

wink

IndigoBarbie Wed 27-Feb-13 21:14:40

Hey Iamthezombie, in what way do you need support?
marissab - I have knowledge of my own past lives, I've known a few friends whose children have spoke of memories too - as if they were fact. smile Do you need help in relation to this?
ellie what is it you need to know here?
angelelle fire away! it's always a learning curve, and a very interesting one at that. Since I started learning more about myself and my 'energy' senses etc I realised I have always had abilities but just didn't really realise what the hell was going on with me. I do feel very different to other people, and I can't apologise for it - but I do feel extremely sensitive a lot of the time - but I now know better how to deal with it. PM me anything if you don't feel comfortable to speak on thread. xxx
With love and starlight in our souls dearest friends of the MN site smile xxx

EllieArroway Wed 27-Feb-13 22:09:36

How you can see something "invisible", Indigo, since the very definition of invisible is that you can't see it. That would be a discovery of world class proportions - probably earning you a Nobel prize and $1m to boot. You should write a paper. Honestly, scientists would be all over you smile

IndigoBarbie Wed 27-Feb-13 22:13:12

Its a term I use for angels, and other energies which I perceive. So therefore, invisible to the naked eye might just cover it. I see these invisible to the naked eye things in my mind's eye, just as many people do. Nothing special.

IamtheZombie Thu 28-Feb-13 11:27:44

Thanks for responding, IndigoBarbie.

You probably don't know my recent history, but the last 18 months or so have been extremely fraught: breast cancer diagnosis and treatments for me, 3 major bereavements (MIL, an uncle of mine and my godson), endless problems with the sale of MIL's house and numerous other family crises. It's hard to see a way through it all. I've pretty much exhausted my physical, mental and emotional reserves.

marissab Thu 28-Feb-13 13:18:15

Hi zombie. I was goibg to pm you but i'll just say it here. Would you like some distance healing? I can do this so you recieve it tonight when you go to bed. I can just use your name on here. No problem. I need to practice my distance healing so the offers there. And i am really interested in past lives , yes. Both in children and myself. Would love to do a regression but i don't know how you'd find someone reputable to do it.

marissab Thu 28-Feb-13 14:05:19

After googling past life regression, i have just ordered the 1st module to train to become a hypnotherapist!!! It's funny where fate leads you isn't it? I was already thinking of setting up a reiki practice so i guess this goes hand in hand with that. Very excited grin

IamtheZombie Thu 28-Feb-13 14:16:21

marissab, I would appreciate that very much. Especially as 20 minutes after I made my previous post I received a letter with the results of the smear test I had last week. It showed severe dyskaryosis and I need an urgent colposcopy. I've had abnormal smears many times before and past colposcopies haven't found anything. But, in my current frame of mind, I just can't be optimistic about this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now