We said goodbye to our Vicar today.

(6 Posts)
nowwearefour Sun 16-Sep-12 21:11:06

Final service was lovely but felt a bit like a funeral :< more tears than can have been expected! now an interregnum and some hard politics to get through!

MaryBS Mon 17-Sep-12 08:07:27

Eek, prayers that your interregnum isn't too long and that you'll find a good match for your parish's needs!

RuckAndRoll Mon 17-Sep-12 13:49:41

The church we attend was in interregnum for a year, a year later with our new rector and looking back it was a really tough time for the church but it gave us a really good opportunity to look at what the community had become and what we wanted to change/improve.
Praying for the right match for your community

nowwearefour Tue 18-Sep-12 15:28:02

Thanks Mary and ruck. I don't mind the wait as long as God delivers the right person! We are fortunate to have two non stipendary ministers to hold the fort until interregnum is over- I know it could be a year or so

Ragwort Tue 18-Sep-12 15:32:23

Sorry there was sadness mixed with the goodbyes, my prayers are with you. Many years ago I can remember being incredibly sad when our wonderful Minister moved away ........ however the next Minister was the most amazing, inspriational and motivating person I have ever met ........ so I really hope you have a positive outcome from this situation smile.

nowwearefour Wed 19-Sep-12 09:51:00

that was very encouraging rag. thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now