What is your favourite hymn/song/chorus ?

(36 Posts)
CrownPrincessOhDearNigel Fri 01-Jun-12 19:48:42

Mine would be Living Lord or At the Name of Jesus

marjproops Mon 18-Mar-13 17:11:46

debtherat I love Jars of clays version of most highly. gorgeous harmonies on it. Id love to hear the Sting version, with his husky vocal must sound really ethereal..

I used to be part of the worship group as singer and guitarist and every single time we sang that I could NEVER get the line and always ALWAYS, into a mic, sang 'most highly FLAVOURED lady'!!

i also love 'father i place into your hands'...a hymn Im singing to myself often these days!

MadHairDay Tue 19-Mar-13 08:36:08

I like 'Bless the Lord oh my soul (10,000 Reasons)' at the moment.

I always like the hymns And Can it Be, When I Survey, Jesus the name high over all, Oh Lord my God, and loads more.

More modern favourites are In Christ Alone, Hosanna (Praise is Rising), Mighty to Save, Your Grace is Enough, and also loads more.

I'm always changing favourites!

starlightloz Sat 23-Mar-13 18:35:40

Amazing Grace (My chains are gone), the Chris Tomlin version and Happy Day, the Tim Hughes version. Winners of songs and I love them smile

Annunziata Sat 23-Mar-13 20:55:41

Be Still in the Presence of the Lord
Lord I Have Come to the Seashore
Bring Flowers of the Rarest
Make Me A Channel of Your Peace

Annunziata Sat 23-Mar-13 21:04:00

Oh, and As I Kneel Before You.

montmartre Sun 24-Mar-13 23:14:31

Parry's "I Was Glad"
Vaughan Williams' "Antiphon"
Faure's "Cantique de Jean Racine"
Britten's "Hymn to the Virgin"

'Hosanna' Hillsong

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajFnnKFivY

and

Sounds of Salvation - Happy Day (Tim Hughes) - ska worship Greenbelt 08 2008
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEH3Z6vM9sM

greencolorpack Tue 26-Mar-13 23:22:04

"o Holy Night", I could listen to that over and over, I don't even mind that it is a Christmas tune.

"I vow to thee my country".

"majesty, king of kings". They used to sing that in my old church, no piano, no organ, just everyone belting out the chorus. Sniff. I miss my old church!!

marjproops Sat 30-Mar-13 17:36:57

Cant wait to sing 'Thine be the glory, risen conquering son' tomorrow!

LOVE these rousing praise hymns

got the hymn numbers for tomorrows service and we're also singing 'he has risen' (Noel Richards)
and 'lift high the cross'.

yes!!!!

HolofernesesHead Sun 31-Mar-13 07:06:07

Oh, too many to name!

Favourite favourites include 'Alleluia, sing to Jesus' and 'I heard the voice of Jesus say.' 'Be thou my vision' is up there too.

Christmas carols: my favourite is 'Of the Father's Love Begotten', followed by 'See Amid the Winter's Snow'.

And for Easter, you can't beat IMHO a good 'Thine be the Glory.'

CrescentMoon, I love Gregorian chant too. You're right, it is peculiarly beautiful. We sing a bit of plainsong at my church and I love it very much. smile

Happy Easter everyone! Celebrate well! smile

somanymiles Fri 12-Apr-13 05:28:46

Jerusalem and The Lord's my Shepherd. Amazing Grace is also lovely, especially on the bagpipes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now