Colin died

(367 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-May-09 16:34:32

he was our catfish

had him years sad - mr blonde rescued him from a small tank and he grew big in ours smile

he was about 10 inches big

colin

Blondes! you do realise that fish need water. A plastic bag wont keep any fish healthy you know hmm.

Seriously, I'm really sorry to hear about poor old Colin, but what an age and what a size! He must've been a happy little Catfish

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-May-09 14:42:41

he was a whopper!!!

no wasnt down the toilet

Ooops! just seen that ponders beat me to that one! <solo is seriously glad she's not the only one with sick inappropriate humour>.

LittleMissNorty Tue 26-May-09 14:44:10

South East, Blondes.....I've got loads of the little blighters now.....they must have spawned somewhere....don't think they're livebearers. Got about 40 mollies as well....the shop insisted they sold me females only hmm

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-May-09 14:46:15

im south east as well

kent

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - where are you to me - would love another colin - well maybe clive the catfish!!

solo - nothing wrong with sick humour - im love it most of the time grin

LittleMissNorty Tue 26-May-09 14:47:41

smile. I'm in Kent as well. Small world eh?

grin

I'm in Kent too! not that that is important as I neither have any tropical fish nor want any atm!

Dd(2)has just looked at Colin and with a sharp intake of breath said 'woooOooow! pretty mummy'. She liked your now deceased Colin.

One thing that disturbs me Blondes, is your lack of thought as to Colins coffin receptical. Somerfield bags are just not classy enough IMO. If you are not going to use the best oak or even wicker in wich to hold his scaley bod, then at least use a Marks and Spencer bag. Personally, after 10 years as part of your family, Harrods would've been the choice of the Solo household. Ahem!

which

<solo wonders if LittleissNorty and Blondes are now CATfishing one another>

<<<<DUCKS>>>>

Snorris Tue 26-May-09 15:16:35

My dh is called Colin grin- I shall have to tell him he shares his name with a now-deceased cstfish!

RIP Colin The Catfish.

My exh was a Colin too...hmm he wasn't as gorgeous as Colin the Catfish though.

snigger Tue 26-May-09 15:55:59

Frankly I'm a little concerned as to the reticence regarding Colin's final resting place - you didn't <gasp> eat him??

FigmentOfYourImagination Tue 26-May-09 16:01:39

I had a plecostomus as a teenager, he was big too, about a foot. He was lovely. V relaxed

SamsMama Tue 26-May-09 16:05:39

RIP Colin!

It's always sad when pets die.

Am quite curious as to the final resting place of Colin's earthly remains...

Ponders Tue 26-May-09 16:07:39

Well he was a catfish, I expect she fed him to the cat wink

(JOKE!!!!)

snigger Tue 26-May-09 16:12:07

Is there some intention to smuggle him onto the fresh fish counter - hence the Somerfield bag? Are you locked into some nefarious pets for cash deal where they get Colin and you get £4.50 a pahnd?

Break your silence, woman, where is he?

Justice for Colin

<dons Spiderman suit and climbs Big Ben>

BigEggDontFuckWithMe Tue 26-May-09 16:51:18

No - I know where he went.

She has a very large dog. That's all I am saying.

Sorry about the name - bit of a long story.

Bella x

KingCanuteIAm Tue 26-May-09 16:59:30

Bella, that dog eats organic pork, I don't think colin would have got more than a sniff grin

noddyholder Tue 26-May-09 17:01:13

there are too many fish threads on Mn atm.I am feeling shaky but can't stop clicking Where is he?We need to move on! grin

snigger Tue 26-May-09 17:01:24

Dependant upon the size of the dog, a sniff could be enough....

KingCanuteIAm Tue 26-May-09 17:09:26

Well, he weighs 10stone.... grin

Noddy, I have become a little addicted to this thread too!

BigEggDontFuckWithMe Tue 26-May-09 17:14:48

I know - it's pretty distressing from all angles.

Big floppy dead fish in a plastic bag for us fish phobes.

Blondie feeds non-organically certified fish to huge dog.

And a Somerfield bag - FGS!

snigger Tue 26-May-09 17:27:28

Come back Blondie, we need to know.

Or we'll judge, oh how we'll judge..

BigEggDontFuckWithMe Tue 26-May-09 17:36:15

Burial at sea, perchance?

Headline: woman swimming off Kent Coast finds large oriental catfish dead in her cossie...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now