Colin died

(367 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-May-09 16:34:32

he was our catfish

had him years sad - mr blonde rescued him from a small tank and he grew big in ours smile

he was about 10 inches big

colin

cheesesarnie Mon 25-May-09 16:35:46

poor colin.

avenginggerbil Mon 25-May-09 16:36:03

sad

noddyholder Mon 25-May-09 16:36:45

{sad] Sorry for you and your loss Pets are so hard to get over but I have to admit I am scared of fish and that pic nearly had me out cold-seriously blush

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-May-09 16:46:05

sorry noddy

thou i did say he was a catfish, so clicking on a link that says colin - it would be a pic of him

<passes wine/chocolate over>

noddyholder Mon 25-May-09 16:47:45

I knew I just had to look am a huge animal lover but am scared of fish don't know why!RIP colin x

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-May-09 16:48:37

the rest of our tank are small tropical pretty fish

not scarey at all, i promise

Blick Mon 25-May-09 16:50:27

Precious colin!
Fleet of fin,

Much belove-ed
Yet cruelly covered

In polythene!
No polished sheen

Of oaken coffin
To carry you off in.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-May-09 16:54:21

rofl - thanks blink

colin would be touched

bella39 Mon 25-May-09 17:54:27

Oh Blondie.

I, too, am utterly phobic and I thought that would be a teeny pic of him swimming but no it was a big dead fish and that's about the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life,

but I am so sorry cos he was your beloved pet. sad

Are you going to bury him?

FabulousBakerGirl Mon 25-May-09 17:56:55

sad

So sorry.

Thanks for the heads up, bella. Saves me clicking and then fainting.

Ponders Mon 25-May-09 17:57:26

I suppose saying "well of course he died, he should have been in water, not a plastic bag!" wouldn't be helpful here...?

(Sorry, Blondes - poor Colin sad)

Blick, that is fantastic, can you always dash off an appropriate verse so quickly like that?

KingCanuteIAm Mon 25-May-09 18:31:51

Sorry about Colin Blonde sad

sad. Poor Colin. A t least he was rescued andd had a happy wee life.

KingCanuteIAm Mon 25-May-09 18:34:25

I have to say I am very encouraged to find out that other people are also scared of fish though! I am not phobic but I can't walk through those tunnels at sea life places and the sight of a tank of Cod swimming around makes me want to cry/heave/wet myself blush

I was also not expecting a dead fish blonde, I expected a before picture!

noddyholder Mon 25-May-09 18:38:19

kingcanute most people don't get it.

KingCanuteIAm Mon 25-May-09 18:41:16

No, I have been laughed at and ridiculed - mind you feeling like I was the only one and that I needed to get over it meant that I have been in a pool and feed fish and rays by hand (and a shark hmm) to try to get better...

I did manage it and I did cope so I am clearly not phobic but it was one of the worst days in my life! I won't be trying it again!

noddyholder Mon 25-May-09 20:27:57

To make things even worse I am only scared of fish in rivers and tanks not the sea hmm

mrsmaidamess Mon 25-May-09 20:29:34

Lol Blick. But I really wish I hadn't clicked on that link. I've just had fish and chips for tea.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-May-09 14:01:38

ponders - not really no - but it did make me laugh

king and bella - i am very suprised at you both - i thought you loved all pets sad

i do have a pic of colin somewhere, will try and find a live one

next time, a pet dies i will post a alive pic of them

<wipes tear from eye>

<whispers>

I didnt bury him

KingCanuteIAm Tue 26-May-09 14:05:44

Weeeellll... I am not sure fish are pets as such...

But I love colin beause he was your pet, does that count? smile

LittleMissNorty Tue 26-May-09 14:12:41

Aww sad

Do they live that long?

We have 3 Colin lookalikes......two of whom have just produced (at least) 8 babies that I found in the tank yesterday shock....so, if you are wanting another......

snigger Tue 26-May-09 14:16:01

If you didn't bury him.... what did you do with him?

He looks as good as a dead catfish can - do they have 'personality'? We have a goldfish and he's an aggressive little fecker, I can't wait for him to glub his last - but my friend has a tank full of fish that all seem quite interesting.

RIP Colin.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-May-09 14:33:47

king - course hes a pet, but i will let it slide as i love you!!

littlemissnorty - would LOVE another one - but you are prob too far away - where are you?

snigger - he had a GREAT personality - he was very sociable - well as much as one in water can be grin

erm - should i say where i dispossed buried him

KingCanuteIAm Tue 26-May-09 14:36:10

Thank you Blonde, I have a family member who is fish obsessed and his house is a trial by fire for me. He would agree that they are pets too grin

No, I don't want to know where he went, especially not if it involved a toilet. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now