Horrific. Dogs being skinned alive.

(70 Posts)
chinley Thu 22-Nov-12 17:56:57

Just saw this on another site so am forwarding it.

digitaljournal.com/article/312335

I would advise NOT watching the video; I made that mistake already. But please sign the petition HERE.

McTagster Thu 22-Nov-12 22:23:55

Couldn't bring myself to watch the video, but signed. Those poor animals sad

Solo Thu 22-Nov-12 22:40:49

I am a hard cow and I couldn't watch the video.

There is no excuse for cruelty.

I've signed and shared on fb.

Solo Thu 22-Nov-12 22:43:21

Korea is also a country that cage dogs and then kill them slowly and painfully for meat. The more painful their death, the tastier the meat hmm. Been going on for a very long time. sad

missymoomoomee Thu 22-Nov-12 23:02:31

Just giving this a little bumpity bump back to the top of the page.

ReeBee Thu 22-Nov-12 23:11:53

Signed, but also can't watch.

Although this is a vile and evil practice, I'm completely baffled by the petition, since it openly says that both the UK and EU have banned the trade and sale of cat or dog fur. If this fur is then getting through, what is needed is for existing laws to be enforced and a petition won't make much difference to that since the enforcing body would be local Trading Standards. Also, these petition websites are often a good way for organisations to "harvest" contact details for potential supporters.

chickydoo Thu 22-Nov-12 23:22:14

Signed
Didn't watch, but can only imagine the horror.

Nancy66 Thu 22-Nov-12 23:22:43

The petition is well meaning but utterly pointless - it's China - a country where human rights mean nothing, let alone animal ones

Flatbread Thu 22-Nov-12 23:26:08

Good point, Scuttle. So what can we do? A petition to trading standards or some EU office of trade, perhaps?

tuckingfits Fri 23-Nov-12 01:38:18

Signed & shared. Horrendous.

missymoomoomee Fri 23-Nov-12 01:50:07

The petition, as I read it, is about getting something done about this fur being imported so they have no market.

These animals are not dogs, so there is no legislative reason why boots containing the fur cannot be imported into the UK. There are also many problems with the labelling of fur products, so many consumers will not be aware of where the fur in their boots comes from

This is an extract from the petition.

millimurphy Fri 23-Nov-12 06:37:08

Happens to cows as well when they haven't been stunned properly at the abbatoir. I suppose dogs are a version of cattle in some countries. Not right either way.

AlienRefluxLooksLikeSnow Fri 23-Nov-12 06:54:46

Signed and shared on FB, jesus christ, the shit that people do.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 23-Nov-12 09:21:57

Signed.

Please don't watch any videos about this, you can't 'unsee' the footage.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AvonCallingBarksdale Fri 23-Nov-12 09:27:54

To whoever said people are more bothered with party threads, please don't think that's true sad. I won't click on the link, sounds too awful for words. I really, really don't like dogs at all, but I abhor any sort of cruelty to animals. In a country which already has a terrible human rights record, sadly this sort of thing doesn't surprise me.

KinkyDorito Fri 23-Nov-12 09:34:57

Signed in the hope it might achieve something.

cloudpuff Fri 23-Nov-12 09:38:02

I'm not a dog lover but would not want to see any treated in such an awful way. Its disgusting what happens to some animals around the world.

herethereandeverywhere Fri 23-Nov-12 09:38:43

Any creature being skinned alive is horrific.

But (to ensure this thread doesn't look uninformed) those animals are not dogs - although a relative of the wolf and are certainly not domestic dogs or cross-breeds. They are a wild animal known as the raccoon dog which had been hunted and bred for its fur for many years in Asia (where it is native) and the Soviet Union.

GrimmaTheNome Fri 23-Nov-12 09:39:02

>OP, could you ask for this to be moved to the doghouse where it will get more viewings?

have you put a link to this thread in the current Ugg boot thread? (I mentioned the issue there but didn't read the whole thread.)

If people didn't buy stuff with real fur then china would have no market.

GrimmaTheNome Fri 23-Nov-12 09:40:47

>those animals are not dogs
that doesn't make any ethical difference - I'm sure you didn't mean to imply in any way that it did, just clarifying.

Tailtwister Fri 23-Nov-12 09:41:51

I couldn't watch the video or read about it. Just the thought makes me feel physically sick.

I have signed.

2muchxmaspud Fri 23-Nov-12 10:00:44

Signed. Didnt need to watch video the title was graphic enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now