Baby shower ideas

(18 Posts)
lilypie13 Sun 20-Apr-14 13:32:41

Hi everyone,

I'm throwing a baby shower for my sister and I'm looking for game ideas x

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 20-Apr-14 13:37:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Erm, I had a baby shower (organised by a friend) and it was rather lovely. Was some time ago now as my 'baby' is nearly 8.

We had a few games, think people brought photos of themselves as babies and we had to guess who was who, had a guess the weight/birthday of the baby.

Mostly we just ate cake and chatted, and I'm always in favour of that grin

Augustwedding Sun 20-Apr-14 13:42:10

I've just had a quick google of baby shower games and lots of websites to choose from.

Hope she enjoys it and congrats on becoming an auntie. X

GrassIsSinging Sun 20-Apr-14 13:45:11

Sprak for yourself onesleep

I think baby showers can be lovely. I threw one for my best friend who got pregnant late in life after thinking she couldnt have children. It was a joyous, wonderful, celebratory day.

My friend didnt want the cheesy games ('guess the baby food' etc) - not her style - but we did some other, quite sentimental but lovely things that she LOVED.

I got a guestbook and made it a 'wisdom and wish' book (tradition in some parts of Ireland), where all of her friends wrote one piece of wisdom/advice for her future child and one wish for him/her. A nice keepsake.

Also, all guests chipped in a fiver and chose their favourite childhood book and I ordered them from Amazon and we gave that to her as a gift - a kind of 'starter pack' of lovely stories for her baby. People chose all sorts of lovely books. She cried at that grin.

We also ran a sweepstake - bottleof bubbly for whoever correctly guessed the gender/birth weight/birth date.

GrassIsSinging Sun 20-Apr-14 13:46:00

*speak for yourself

I like the baby book idea GrassIsSinging, I always give books for new babies, there are so many great ones to choose.

lilypie13 Sun 20-Apr-14 14:08:51

gamerchick Sun 20-Apr-14 14:16:03

Na It's not shit in your hands and clap onesleep.. its lick the Nutella off the nappy grin

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 20-Apr-14 14:39:58

lilypie13 Sun 20-Apr-14 16:11:37

Thanks for deleting my post mumsnet - because someone went crying to you (onesleep) because i called them out ! Lol

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 20-Apr-14 16:16:25

lilypie13 Sun 20-Apr-14 16:19:53

I love myself even more now knowing I'm not you ! Haha

lilypie13 Sun 20-Apr-14 16:33:16

Thank you mumsnet - we don't need people like that !

SconeRhymesWithGone Sun 20-Apr-14 16:42:55

I have been to many baby showers and hosted one for my niece (I am American), but I am not fond of the games (except the guests bringing their baby pictures one). I think the wisdom and wish book is a great idea. I find that there is plenty to do (chatting, eating, etc.) without the games.

gamerchick Sun 20-Apr-14 17:04:51

Games in general horrify me anyroad.. I went to an Ann summers ~ once! No amount of alcohol helped with that grin

I think you can have a decent party without playing games. A book and whatnot is decent enough.

lilypie13 Mon 21-Apr-14 00:06:21

I've managed to find some nice things online , going to do a picture book for her, a guess the baby picture game, baby shower bingo grin and pin the dummy on the baby game I'm looking forward to it now x

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Fri 25-Apr-14 13:20:17

I'm going to a baby shower on the bank holiday weekend, we have been asked to bring a baby photo of ourselves, i presume thats for the baby picture game. The mum to be has had a hard time of this pregnancy so a good relaxing afternoon with her family and friends should be lovely and relaxing for her thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now