thank you letters after child's party

(7 Posts)
Stokey Tue 20-Nov-12 13:10:19

Do you write thank you letters to everyone who brought presents to your children's party? Or is the party and party bag thank you enough? I would normally always write thank yous for any present we received but seems like a lot!

Yes - we write letters - or rather cards to everyone who attends and/or sends a present.

I would expect one from a child who I have bought sa present for - it is only good manners.

YDdraigGoch Tue 20-Nov-12 13:14:40

Absolutely yes - thank you letters for all birthday and Christmas presents are good manners, and a must.

chrisrobin Tue 20-Nov-12 13:21:32

Yes, we write thank you notes for each person who gives a present whether they are relatives or children at school.

itsatiggerday Tue 20-Nov-12 13:24:12

Yes, always. But pre-printed if they're writing themselves in early years so they just fill in the blanks - ie giver's name, gift, own name.

Stokey Tue 20-Nov-12 13:24:57

Great, thanks, didn't want to go OTT, glad manners haven't gone out of fashion.

Pancakeflipper Tue 20-Nov-12 13:27:44

We do letters. I know lots who don't and I would hate for any kid to stress and get vety upset about letter writing. But I love an envelope of happy post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now