Toys for 8mo

(4 Posts)
graysor Fri 29-Jul-16 15:07:41

My Dd is nearly 8mo and I want to get her some new toys as she's getting bored with the few I have a the moment.

What do your dc enjoy at 8-9 months?

We have stacking cups, a shape sorter, a press the button pop up thingy, shakers and rattles and loads of books. What am I missing?

She sits up well and can roll but can't crawl yet so gets quite bored and frustrated.

HeyMicky Fri 29-Jul-16 15:13:56

Things that drop, roll, post are good at that age. Melissa and Doug do a 'pound and roll' tower that both of mine loved. Post box game (you could make one). Also toys where the ball gets dropped in the a noise is played - we were given an elephant but can't remember the brand, sorry

Gingergen2013 Fri 29-Jul-16 18:42:57

Have you thought of doing a 'discovery basket/box.' My DS used to spend ages picking out, for instance, a hairbrush, a pine cone, a whisk etc, just things of different texture for him to explore. Was nice to rotate a few items once a week to add variety. Otherwise stacking rings on a pole (IKEA do one that's like a light house but am sure you can get lighter weight versions.)

graysor Fri 29-Jul-16 21:08:29

Great ideas here, thanks. Will investigate a drop and roll thingy and make a discovery basket. She's a big fan of a whisk and a wooden spoon so I'll add these to a few other bits. Mil arrived with some stacking rings today too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now