What can I freeze my one year olds food in,?

(14 Posts)
Katieemilyxo Tue 12-Jul-16 15:07:56

Im starting to cook food for my nearly one year old boy but I cant find any suitable containers, they all seem very small and maxuim 180g when hes use to eating around 250g for his dinner and I cant find any baby freezable pots big enough does anyone have any ideas where I possibly could or any other alternatives

boopdoop Tue 12-Jul-16 15:09:28

I bought ones from poundland which were a good size, and it was only £1 for 10.

Katieemilyxo Tue 12-Jul-16 15:48:29

Thank u ill take a look

cosmicglittergirl Tue 12-Jul-16 15:51:12

Wilkos do a lot of small containers.

DiamondInTheRuff Tue 12-Jul-16 15:53:02

What sort of things are you freezing? Sauces I freeze in silicone ice cube trays from ikea, popping them out of the tray and into a bag when solid. Then I can just defrost however many cubes I need.

Sometimes I line boxes with a freezer bag, then remove the bag from the box when frozen.

Katieemilyxo Tue 12-Jul-16 18:23:39

Im freezing everything really all his dinners like cottage pie pasta dishes ect x

ALemonyPea Tue 12-Jul-16 18:25:11

Tesco sell little foil take away type cartons, right next to the foil. I batch cook for my SIL and these are ideal as they are microwaveable.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:27:21

I bought these both from Poundstretcher. The round ones were 5 for £1 and the rectangular ones were 10 for £1. The rectangular ones can hold an adult sized portion so plenty big enough.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:28:05

And they're suitable for the freezer, microwave and dishwasher.

Katieemilyxo Tue 12-Jul-16 18:29:10

They look brilliant! Just what I need thank youx

divafever99 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:29:29

I just use freezer bags for baby food, you can fit more in the freezer.

DiamondInTheRuff Tue 12-Jul-16 18:31:02

seamus are those rectangular ones similar to take away rubs? I'm always hankering after more of those...

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:44:30

They are, that's why I bought them. Perfect size for a portion of curry. 😋

blueberryporridge Tue 12-Jul-16 23:08:41

I wasn't (and am still not) keen on freezing food in plastic containers. I thought ceramic ramekin dishes were really good for babies and toddlers - they were the right size for portions and could go in freezer and in oven or microwave. I sat them inside larger plastic boxes with lids in the freezer (4-6 in a box) but the food never came in contact with the plastic. You can buy sets of ramekin dishes very cheaply, and once you don't need them for baby/toddler food, you can use them for other things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now