weekend clubs for kids living EOW

(6 Posts)
stillnotjustamummy Mon 07-Mar-16 10:06:29

My nephew desperately wants to play football on weekends - he's 6, but we can't find a club that is ok with him only attending every other weekend... Can anyone suggest something I can try looking for instead?

BackforGood Mon 07-Mar-16 23:42:55

Well, the obvious one is an afterschool one, rather than a weekend, but I'm very surprised - particularly at 6, and a non-competitive age - that, if you talk to the people running it and explain the circumstances, they can't work with his parents on this.

iwantanewcar Mon 07-Mar-16 23:55:17

Some poor parent on here last year was mauled for daring to suggest that a club work with parents to help a child, where divorce made it difficult for him to attend each week. The poster was told firmly the parents must work together and be adults. I was appalled at the lack of empathy towards a young child.

guiltynetter Tue 08-Mar-16 08:37:07

iwantanewcar - well shouldn't the parents be adults and work together for the sake of the child? my sister has her step daughter EOW and and she still goes to a swimming club every Saturday. they just plan around it.

stillnotjustamummy Tue 08-Mar-16 18:36:54

Sadly the distances involved and having two younger siblings make working around it impossible. We are keen for him to try and build a social life around his EOW location so it is just as fun as being at home...

I would speak to a few different clubs, I had this and my boys played for two different clubs, one in each area where their homes were. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find one somewhere.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now