sudden dummy refusal!

(8 Posts)
bunny85 Thu 03-Mar-16 19:50:53

My nearly 4 months old baby (will turn 4 months in 9 days) suddenly refuses to take a dummy! He cries and spits it out. He's ebf but has been using dummy for daytime naps. Now he only wants a boob and he cries hysterically before each nap and before bedtime (which is now at around 6.30-7pm). Only boob can calm him down and not even always. I understand that might be the dreaded sleep regression coming, but why refuse dummy?! It used to be a lifesaver. Anyone experienced this? Thank you.

bunny85 Fri 04-Mar-16 11:25:52

Anyone?

ShrimpieFlintshire Fri 04-Mar-16 11:33:08

Growth spurt? Maybe he's hungrier and the dummy's not cutting it at the moment. Hang in there, it will probably pass.

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 04-Mar-16 11:39:57

Try the next size up. My little boy started doing this at that age, the from birth dummy was too small for his mouth! Bought a 6 month + one and voila, problem solved!

bunny85 Sat 05-Mar-16 08:09:08

Shrimpie, yes definitely a growth spurt at the moment.

Lucky, great advise! He's grown loads and most likely that's the case, I just never thought of it. Buying a bigger one today!

LuckySantangelo1 Sat 05-Mar-16 12:49:58

I hope it works!

bunny85 Sat 05-Mar-16 17:44:34

Lucky, bought the same dummy but in 6-12 size and no difference sad chews on it and only maybe sucks for a second before spitting it out. Maybe he realised after 4 months that he's been fooled all this time?grin On a serious note, hope it's just a phase though..

unimaginativename13 Sat 05-Mar-16 21:12:08

Try some bonjela on it so he doesn't chew it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now