When to stop washing new clothes?

(8 Posts)
CristaBell Fri 01-May-15 22:39:36

My DD is a year old now, do I still need to wash her new clothes before she wears them for the first time? Thank you.

SoonToBeSix Fri 01-May-15 22:41:35

Yes! Only wash new clothes for newborns and even then it's not really necessary.

NorahBone Fri 01-May-15 22:42:11

I've never washed new clothes. Ever. Didn't know I was supposed to! Not very helpful, but my 1yo seems fine smile

Hassled Fri 01-May-15 22:42:11

I have never, ever washed new clothes before any of my DC wore them. They've all lived to tell the tale. It's one of those things that just wasn't on anyone's radar a decade ago, and people survived.

Iggly Fri 01-May-15 22:43:26

Er.... I still wash new things occasionally now but only when they have that funny smell about them (not always). But usually not. Mine are 5&3.

mousmous Fri 01-May-15 22:48:18

never stop
clothes, especially those made in warmer climates, are treated with pestizides and fungizides (or they would arrive here holey and black) plus shops and store rooms are minging.

SavoyCabbage Fri 01-May-15 22:59:04

I always wash them too. Where I live, all the clothes are treated to kill insects in the shipping containers.

CristaBell Fri 01-May-15 22:59:50

Thank you for quick reply's. I think I will continue when necessary, I just like to make them nice and soft, sometimes new clothes seem a bit rough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now