Highchairs - Graco Contempo, Cosatto Noodle or Ikea Antilop ?

(36 Posts)
mumtosp Tue 07-May-13 18:26:41

Hi all,

My DS is almost 7 mo and has just learned to sit unaided... but does sometimes topple over (on to cushions smile )
He is very tall for his age... so which highchair would you recommend ??

Thanks in advance for all your help smile

Molehillmountain Tue 07-May-13 23:08:18

I actually prefer the look of the antilop too. The single solitary thing I could say was better about the other one is that it worked as a chair for quite some time after we stopped using it as a highchair with straps and tray. But ikea do children's chairs that are high enough to go up to the table and you'd get one of those as well as the antilop and still have change from what a normal highchair would cost.

elQuintoConyo Tue 07-May-13 23:23:38

Antilop.

Not sure what the other two look like as we went straight for the Ikea one and cot and bedding and babygym and bibs and changing table and Poang chair and play rug we should have shares in Ikea!

It's so easy to get baby in/out, easy to clean - which I think is one of the most important things, you'll be doing it three times a day plus. You can even take the legs off to transport it to the GP's house.

mumtosp Wed 08-May-13 08:44:40

Thanks all... the only reason I was considering Graco and Cosatto was because they were the 2 best highchairs according to 'Which?'... I wonder why 'Which?' hasn't reviewed the Antilop...

Anyways, I've ordered the Antilop and will get it next week smile

elQuintoConyo Wed 08-May-13 09:29:22

Yay to another Antilop!

One MNer even bought one for her parents' house and another for ILs as thay're so cheap! Great idea.

melonribena Wed 08-May-13 09:32:13

Errrr, I agree about Antilop! It's fab! We got the little inflatable insert for when ds wasn't the best at sitting up! That's fab too!

rrreow Wed 08-May-13 11:53:47

Antilop. DS is 2 now and also very tall and still fits in it no problem.

997louise Tue 11-Jun-13 14:12:57

Hi - just to let you know that new High Chair just seen on Not On The High Street which is so stylish and has the benefit of being used as a chair for older children too.Also can be easily stored away which is great - lovely product - top end price http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/budtzbendixcopenhagen

mummy2benji Tue 11-Jun-13 21:24:05

Wow at your responses! Just to throw a tiny spanner in the works I adore my Cosatto 3Sixti - it is so easy to clean compared with other high chairs I have had in the past. The tray clips off so you can just tip it into the sink and wipe it, and there aren't any little crevices / corners where food collects, like my previous high chair. The chair also swivels so you can turn baby towards you to feed her. It's not cheap but I am so glad I invested and it also looks really nice in my dining room. I have the cherries one which I got from John Lewis.

Boggler Tue 11-Jun-13 21:31:39

A massive vote for the antilop from me, its absolutely fab. We also have a Phil &Teds Lobster which attaches to our kitchen breakfast bar perfectly. See here http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_76370_10001

mamadidi Thu 13-Jun-13 14:26:51

Hi, Have you seen Budtz Bendix Tower chair? It ticks all the boxes. It grows with the child and goes way beyond 6y, easy to clean - dissassembled. It is metal, but quite light and when dissassembled all the parts are flat and very easy to transport in your suitcase, for example. In fact, if I knew about it earlier, I would have saved a lot of money, buy just this one (instead of the 4 i have at home and the grandparents houses) and travel with it. I prefer to have my children sitting at table with us and be able to have the flexibility this chair offers. That’s why at home I have Stokee’s Trip Trap and Ikea's Antilop. Nobody mentions how difficult is to take the front tray off Antilop, especially when messy. There’s always food flying around. And I never figured out The harness for Trip Trap. It’s complicated, stif and annoying. I barely used it and regretted spending the money on it. Another thing about the wooden one is that is difficult to adjust and I always ask my husband to do it. Needless to say , this doesn’t happen straight away. I thought it will resell well, but now I doubt that, because the wood damages and wears easily (we have paint stains and bumps on it). One of the biggest pros of Budtz Bendix Tower chair is that it folds. That makes it easy to store when you need it out of the way. There is a bracket, so you can hang it on the wall too.

I hope I have been helpful.
Mum of 2, Cildminder with over 20 years early years experience

mamadidi Thu 20-Jun-13 08:15:19

Hi again. I see 997louise has post a link to the high chair I was talking about. Looks like is getting popular among mums. It's a great alternative to all heavy and big ones + can be easily stored away...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now