Boy (6) and girl (3) sharing bedroom!

(35 Posts)
SingleMama Sat 20-Apr-13 08:19:22

My two share a room still as we have a 2 bedroom house. I'd like 3 bedrooms & a garden at some point but we like this house. We know the landlords, it's really warm in the winter w bath & proper fire and most rooms newly redecorated.
Just wondering if any of you have older boy and younger girl sharing and if you've seen any problems arise so I know what to look out for!
Apart from seeing each other naked (shock! horror!) and a couple of minor things, (I remember sitting on my little sisters face with no pants on- nothing that drastic lol) I don't see any reason why they can't share for a couple of years yet in theory!
Guidelines say when older boy 7 he needs his own room. Any experience of this anyone?
They get on very well (mostly!) and are close. My son says he doesn't want his own room...

noisytoys Sat 20-Apr-13 14:50:25

Modern not common silly auto correct

SingleMama Sat 20-Apr-13 14:56:00

Yeah I think it's a luxury to have your own room as a child. I hate the idea of moving house! We all love this house :-) Even though there isn't a garden, we're close to lovely parks and the river

SomethingHappened Sat 20-Apr-13 14:58:29

My two are 9 (DS) and 6 (DD) and they have always shared and unless we ever manage to get a bigger house will continue to do so. They get on well most of the time and although I'd like them to have more space, this is just the way it is at the moment.I'm in Italy and most people live in small flats and it is absolutely usual for brothers and sisters to share. My Dh shared with his sister until he left home at 18.

MummyPig24 Sat 20-Apr-13 18:39:58

My 5 yo boy and 3yo girl share and they love it. Sometimes bicker at bedtimes but generally it's fine.

MummyPig24 Sat 20-Apr-13 18:43:20

Their room has cream walls, green spotty curtains and green lamp, neutr furniture and their own teddies on their beds. It's how it's always been so they don't mind.

Midlifecrisisarefun Sat 20-Apr-13 20:45:10

My mother, brother and I lived with grandparents until I was 17..I shared a room with my mother!

my two shared a room till my ds was 10 and dd 8, the only reason they got thier own rooms was i split up with thier dad and made the lounge my bedroom, they were fine sharing, and btw social housing does not say they cant share a room from the age i 10 beleive me i live in a council house we are never going to get moved..

my two shared a room till my ds was 10 and dd 8, the only reason they got thier own rooms was i split up with thier dad and made the lounge my bedroom, they were fine sharing, and btw social housing does not say they cant share a room from the age i 10 beleive me i live in a council house we are never going to get moved..

ProphetOfDoom Sat 20-Apr-13 21:17:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sat 20-Apr-13 21:25:54

My dd is 10, DS's are 7 & 1. We are in social housing with 2 bedrooms& I can't see that changing anytime soon. I have decorated the bigger bedroom red & blue & this is my sons room but it has bunk beds in it & dd10 & DS 7 both sleep in there. The smaller room is pink & has all Dds stuff in it but a double bed where I co-sleep with DS. When he stops bf/sleeps through the night he will go in with DS 7, I will buy a single bed for dd & I get the sofa in the living room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now