Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

Bloody hell Liz, what a drop!! Was the agent over valuing it in the first place or has it just dropped? That's a fair wack! Such a shame it hasn't sold hmm bit out of our price range I'm afraid! I bet it's beautiful though.

this is the one we're going to see today

this is the one in our old village that we like, but you get less for your money

Iwish Sat 11-May-13 17:36:38

Hey.

Oooh I like the second house on the first post choc! It's bloody huge compared to my house lol!
Boo about Euey still having rubbish sleep. Is he better at all? Still waking in the night and up early?
What you been up to today?

Have you been out liz? Is the show today or tomorrow? How's Violet and Lulu? Wow all that work and it didn't sell??

Well still feel quite sick here and I'm so tired its unreal. I fell asleep about 10:30 lady night, up at 6:00 for a wee then back to sleep till 8:30 and I could have a few hours on the sofa if I didn't have Joshua here lol. My body just feels tired and my eyes are tired. Mints are my savious for nausea but I've had that many that they are starting to make me feel ill haha! I'm 6 weeks and 1 day today.
Saw a midwife on Tuesday and my BP was a bit high. She she said ill need extra appts for my thyroid, extra for my BP be aide it was high at the end of my last pregnancy and an extra appt to discuss the birth as I had a tear and traumatic birth with Joshua.
So smooth sailing then haha grin

lizandlulu Sat 11-May-13 17:52:26

At least they are looking after you iwish!! 6weeks, bless ya, you got a long way to go yet! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Went to the show today, just got back to the car just in time before is peed down, relly heavy.

I really like both houses choccy, the first one seems more of a grown up house tho ifyswim? I can see Euan playing in the second house better! I know what I mean anyway. Both very nice tho, just the kind of thing I like.

Iwish Sat 11-May-13 18:06:28

I'm sure I will. I only felt sick for 2-3 weeks with Joshua so poss only another week to go till I feel better hehe.
Forgot to say Joshua's favourite word is 'no' at the moment. Everything I ask him is no. Lets take your coat off - no!

What's at the show liz?

lizandlulu Sat 11-May-13 19:55:12

Its just animals, farm stuff, crafty arty stuff, that kind of thing, violet loved all the animals.

Violets favourite word his last couple of days is mummy! I'm sure she's saying it out of habit! It's driving me mad. She's getting loads better at speaking now, lots of words that she can't say properly but I know what she means, goat-coat, loilet -toilet, teetee- sweetie... Allsorts

Back on later, madkatz is pg!!!!!

Hope you sickness settles quickly iwish. I hate feeling sick! Hope your Bp too, take it easy smile
No is a firm favourite here too lol. We're trying to teach yes but it's not happening ha ha!

Sounds fun Liz, glad you missed the rain!

Well was up more or less every hour between 10 and 5 putting Euey back to bed. He went straight away and back off to sleep, but when he woke, he got up again! He's still a bit poorly, snotty, eyes watering, slight cough etc, so it's not helping that he can't breathe through his nose when he wakes up hmm

Went to see house. Mixed feeling really. I didn't get that I love it feeling when we walked in. Beautiful and very quirky house with rooms everywhere, and I could very easily lose Euan in it! But, it just felt dark. It's 300 years old, so it's proper old, beamed ceilings everywhere etc and I loved the lounge which is at the very end of the long bit so totally away from the bedrooms in the main part, but the kitchen I didn't like as it wasn't really a kitchen and practically no work top which was odd. That could be easily sorted though. But the clincher was when we walked outside. It's next to quite a busy 40mph road, and amplified by the fact it was raining. Thing is, we love gardens, as soon as its sunny, we're outside, as is Euan. It was great for him too, as it had a cottage garden bit, then around the corner was another garden, which would be Euans area.
There were pro and cons, but we came home and it's so light and our house is quite big with lots of rooms, but obviously it's modern so it's going to be light.
It's up for £25k more than ours is apparently worth, so rob said if it was the same price, he'd be more interested as equity wise ours won't really go up much more, whereas one in a village will.
We also know the neighbour at this one smile

We didn't really want to move til next year anyway, but if our house has gone up this year and not really going to go much more, is a house in a village next year going to go up a lot more, then we've priced ourselves out iykwim? So confusing!

Iwish Sun 12-May-13 17:13:42

Hmmm if you didn't fall in love with it choc maybe it's not meant to be. You need to love the house. And if it were me I'd be put off by the main road too. We live in a cul de sac so away from the main road. It's lovely and very quiet. But it's a new ish house so very small.
Maybe if you hold off the perfect house will show up soon.

The sickness is worth it and reassuring that all is ok if I've still got symptoms. Making me feel shit but in a good way lol. The mw told me to try and rest re my BP but you can't really rest with a toddler can you.

Is Violet brave with the animals liz? Joshua runs away from animals. If they are far away he's ok but when they get close he freaks out.
Lol at mummy! Joshua only says mama when he knows something is mine. Like if I have a can of coke he says mamas but that's it really.

Been to a play centre today and just relaxing at home this afternoon. Having a beef dinner soon yum

lizandlulu Sun 12-May-13 20:16:32

I agree with iwish, if you don't love it, then maybe it's not for you?

Been to a farm park toay ith a friend and her 4 kids, 2 adults and 6kids is mayhem!!!

Violet fine with animals, there were a couple of loose goats and she wasn't bothered when they tried to eat her coat. Both kids got to bottle feed lambs, hold chicks, rabbits and ginea pigs, saw loads of baby animals, it was uite good. Then cause of usual British crap weather, it started to rain and thats that! It had an indoor play area tho so spent abit of time in there.

Overall a good weekend, Chris is back from his jaunt to butlins.

Iwish Sun 12-May-13 20:21:57

Sounds like you did have a lovely weekend liz. Don't envy you being with 6 kids tho! That must have been a nightmare. How old we're they all?

Joshua screamed and wanted picking up when a goat came near him and nick had to hold a chick because Joshua wouldn't lol.

Did I tell you Joshua didn't get up till 9am yesterday and 8:35 today??!! He's making a habit of it and I love it lol.

lizandlulu Mon 13-May-13 08:08:34

Jammy sod!! Thats a lovely lie in!

He kids were mine, violet and lulu, then 4 others 8,7,5,2

Sod off with the sleep! Euan is ill and sleep even worse!
I let him have a long nap yesterday (almost 3 hours!) and it bit me in the arse last night when he wouldn't go til 9. Then he came into us at 5 and wouldn't go back off. I was in bits as he wouldn't stop crying, I even shouted at him at one point I was so shattered and felt so bad as I know he's ill so not his fault but I've really had enough now.

Good god, he's just been screaming for 45 mins 10.15-11, I kept putting him back to bed in the dark. As soon as I put the nightlight on, he went to sleep. Ffs!

lizandlulu Tue 14-May-13 22:17:58

Ahh poorly baba. Is he still poorly? Or just temper? Did you not have a better night last night? I feel for you I really do sad

Don't feel bad about shouting, we all do it.

How are you iwish?

Not meaning to wind you all up, but 6 weeks today till I go to benidorm child free!!!!! Not that I'm counting. Not at all. I don't have a post it note on my kitchen door counting down he weeks.

Ha ha ha Liz, very envy of you!! Me and rob were looking through our honeymoon photos last night and said how nice it would be to have a week somewhere on our own. Love Euan to bits obviously, but how nice it would be smile

Well, had a good night last night. Put Euan to bed at 6.30 for stories etc (swimming yesterday so I 'bath' him there), then light out at 7. Wouldn't settle argh! Anyway, been looking on the supernanny site, and if they keep jumping out, you sit on their floor so they can see you profile but you've got you're head down and not looking at them. Then every time they get out of bed, you just put them back not saying anything. Anyway, took 30 mins of screaming and crying and got out about 5 times, but in the end he went off and I didn't hear a peep all night!

I also put some of that magic blackout on OUR bedroom windows as our room has blackout curtains, but due to them being on a pole, the light comes in all around, so I was thinking maybe because Euans room is pitch black, when he comes to us he thinks it's later than it is iykwim?
Anyway, on cue he was in at 5.30, then didn't get up til 8!!!!!!! Over the moon. Rob left me to have a lie in yesterday when Euan was up at 7, so I woke about 8.45, so it's been a lovely couple of days grin

He's napping now too, so fingers crossed we might be getting somewhere (I've just jinxed it haven't i?)

lizandlulu Wed 15-May-13 18:14:40

Yes don't say it's all good!!!

I am so so so looking forward to going away, according to my mum I shouldn't have had kids if I don't want to look after them, anyone would thinki. Leave them all the time!! But I rarely go anywhere without the kids! And ever rarer for me to ask her to babysit, so it's no skin off her nose if I do go away! Was sat in a cafe this afternoon and violets crawling all over me, wiping her fingers all down my white t shirt, standing on my legs with her wellie,s dunking her biscuit in my coffee, stirring it as fast as she can ith a spoon, coming ith me to the toilet. Generally just making her presence known to the whole place. I just can't wait to eat with 2 hands and to actually eat and drink hot food!!

6.45!!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

Still early compared to before, but omfg how great!! Jumped in with us then til he was up at 7.30.

He woke briefly at midnight and jumped out of bed, but his room is so dark I had to go in to put him back, straight back off! He was coughing all night but he never got out of bed.
We changed his routine last night so instead of bath and straight to bed, we did dinner, bath, back downstairs for a bit if tv, then bed. We thought it may trick him into thinking he was up extra time so when he went to bed he settled, and he did!
Hopefully this is the start of things changing.

Omg Liz that's so funny! I bet you can't wait to eat with 2 hands lol!! How long do you go for? Lol what your mum said, you never leave them!

Robs birthday today, haven't booked boat as it said it was meant to be showery, and Rob said he'd rather go when its def sun. Also he's on the phone to a tenant as they have a leak under the kitchen sink, fucking fantastic!

lizandlulu Thu 16-May-13 18:07:50

Oops, the joys of owning 100000s of houses!!!!

I go from Tuesday to Saturday. Can't frisking wait!! Oh and today, me being the neglectful mother that I am, went for a massage and facial! Mum had violet for2 whole hours!! Longest ever I think! While it's been daytime anyway. It was lovely! And booked into have 2 spray tans before I go on holiday, one to see if it turns out ok, then another just before I go.

2 whole hours lmao Liz!! I love massages! Not had one for aaaaaages. Never had a spray tan, would love one though.

Well, had a nice day yesterday in the end. Didn't do a lot, but had a lovely evening last night and a great meal.
Spoke to mum this morning to see if they'd keep euan today as got a few things to do today to help rob with the houses (viewings, leaky tap etc) as he was a bit 'can't be arsed to go' this morning, so thought I'd go too to help. He's going out with his bro tonight too and said he couldn't be bothered after being out all day, so he will go now.
They're going to give him dinner, and bath him, so when we get him he's all done smile

Anyway, mum and dad got 7.50 this morning grin
Euey woke at 5 and they brought him in with them and he was coughing and fidgety, so mum got him some milk and medicine, then dad put him back to his bed and he went to sleep til 7.50.
Over the frikkin moon!!

Iwish Sat 18-May-13 14:50:14

What kind of sleep did you get last night choc?
Did you sort the leak out?

Lol liz you awful parent for leaving your child for 2 whole hours! Seriously you are with the kids all the time, go for it if you can have some me time.

I'm so happy. My friend who was ttc at the same time last time who has a daughter 3 months older than Joshua is pregnant too!! She's only 3 weeks behind me. V happy xx

Omg that's fab news iwish!!

Got some friends over for the night in a min who's daughter is exactly a week younger than Euan.

We got 8.15 grin this morning!
Up at 4, in our bed tossing and turning for an hour, rob got him some milk, Euan drank the lot and straight back off. I knew he'd be up early in with us as he had no sleep yesterday, but we don't mind him coming in smile

lizandlulu Sat 18-May-13 18:58:53

What a coencidence iwish! That's going to be lovely having kids the same age.

Have you both had good Saturday's? I went out today and forgot to take my handbag!!! Got to Mansfield and out the car before I realised. Had to lend some money off mum!

Iwish Sat 18-May-13 19:41:14

I'm really happy for her and so happy for me tha I have someone going through it at the same time as me. If that makes sense.

Are your friends staying over choc? And yey to 8:15!! Do you feel human lol?

Oh no I can't believe you forgot your bag! At least you went with your mum tho, imagine if you went on your own and had no bag.

Had an ok Saturday. Nick went out at 10:30 and still isn't back. Me and Joshua went to my mum n dads. Went shopping then just played at home this afternoon. I'm so tired and sick I think I'll be in bed by 8:30.

lizandlulu Sat 18-May-13 21:52:50

Ah bless you. I do hope it calms down soon. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now