Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

Iwish Fri 26-Apr-13 21:59:25

It's kind of a floaty top. It's navy with light blue spots on. It's got sleeves in my they are really thin. I don't describe it but it lovely. Goes really nice with my jeans and heels. (I don't do heels tho lol)

Aww poor violet. Good it didn't bother her tho, she could be a wuss like Joshua grin
Did you buy stuff for yourself?

Yeh am dying to tell my mum. Prob tell them next weekend I think. Would tell them Saturday but nick is out so will do it on Sunday.

What you up to this weekend?

lizandlulu Sat 27-Apr-13 21:23:47

I've been to Doncaster today. Just for a look round the shops with my mate and mum, and kids of course. Didn't buy anything today.

On Thursday I got a couple of tops for me from asda, mostly for the kids, oh and got a bikini from Matalan. I've not been there for aaaaggges and there was loads of nice stuff in there.

lizandlulu Sat 27-Apr-13 21:24:05

How are you feeling today? Still sicky?

Iwish Sun 28-Apr-13 02:15:11

Heh still feeling a bit sicky today. Was worse tonight jus before I went to bed, sat in the loo for a bit just in case lol.

Glad you at least managed to get a few things for yourself, I'm always guilty of never buying for myself.

Well I'm awake at this stupid hour because my idiot of a husband woke me up snoring and I can't get back to sleep!!! Not happy at all .(

lizandlulu Sun 28-Apr-13 10:02:47

Did you get a lie in tho? Chris has gone racing so is just me and the kids today. Mum and dad just come, thy wanted to take us to the farm park, but lulu doesn't want to go cause she wants to go swimming this afternoon.

I was always worse in the evenings with violet. It was early evening sickness!!!

Iwish Sun 28-Apr-13 13:28:29

I got up at 7:30 if that's a lie-in lol. I was awake from about 1:00-2:30 them up for the day at 7:30. And Joshua was in bed till 8:15!

Told our parents today! Joshua had his little tshirt on and looked so cute. Our parents were v happy for us all.

I remover feeling a bit sicky most of the day with Joshua but it didn't start till about 6 weeks. I reckon we will have another boy.

Aww so will you just get your mum and dad to come swimming?

Hello ladies
Sorry you're feeling a bit sicky iwish hmm I'm sure it'll settle soon. Are you having heartburn etc too?
I didn't get sick, just used to get burning in my throat. Hated gaviscon though ugh!

Yey for telling your parents!! Bet Joshua looked great in his tshirt......that's how you should announce it on FB! Did they click when they saw the shirt? What did they say? Have you been to the docs yet?
Oooooo exciting times. Just been looking at eueys photos from when he was born and first few months, miss my likkle baby hmm but love love my likkle man wink

Did you go swimming Liz?

Had a good few days. Euan was at mum and dads Friday for the day, then they offered to have him for the night so we went out early into town for a few drinks, take away on way home, back by 8.30.
Then Saturday we had a lovely time at a small holding like what you went to iwish. They had baby bunnies, lambs, ducks, chicks, and a teeny tiny calf the size of bella! So cute!!

Euan just LOVED the goats, it was hilarious watching him run around after them! I thought he may be a bit scared of things he'd not seen before, but he had such a good time.
Then last night we had some friends over for dinner, and just before they left around 11.30, Euan woke and wouldn't settle, fabulous!
We were about done in, so put Cars on for him and me and rob fell asleep on the sofa. Woke up about 1 and Euan was wide awake still watching the tv! Finally managed to get him to settle about 2! Then woke at 8. Was hoping for a sleep through!

Not done too much today, robs bro and sil nipped round, he's gone out for a beer with his bro. Then tomorrow is my mums birthday, so taking her out for lunch, then Tuesday is wisdom teeth part deux..........confused

lizandlulu Sun 28-Apr-13 20:31:10

Oh good!!!! Have you told his parents too? Have you got pics of the t shirt? Bet he looked so cute!

My mum and dad swimming???? Nooooooooooo.
They just went out for he day, I went into town, costa, of course, asda, the home, dinner and swimming. Lulu can swim now and she's getting confident in the water, even swimming under the water which is a huge thing for her!

Wat have you all been up to?

Iwish Tue 30-Apr-13 08:58:41

Hey ladies! Yeh I have a couple of pics of his tshirt but they are a bit blurry. Not been to the docs yet. Will phone the midwife next week I think. Need to get my thyroid looked at.

We went round to both parents house, took Joshua coat off and said 'go and show nana/grandad your tshirt'. Nicks mum said omg are you?? And my mum and dad were saying no way lol! All on a good way tho. They were all v happy for us.

Dud you take your mum out klou? And good luck to rob having his tooth out grin

Bless lulu and her swimming liz! It's good that she's doing so well. I can't really swim blush you love costa don't you lol. Nick loves it too.

We are going to the sure start this morning for a few hours and need to nip to asda later. Feeling shattered today tho

How are you both? O

Awwwwww I bet they were super surprised iwish! Great way of telling them smile

Costa Liz? Really? Lol!

Currently sitting in the hospital cafe. Good job I don't work here, id be massive! Fry up for £2.50!!! That's for 5 items, but I got 2 bits of Bacon stuck together smile
Robs just gone in, shouldn't be too long.

Stayed at the inlaws last night. They were meant to be coming to us. They haven't had euan overnight since his early wakings so they were a bit worried having him on their own as scared JD doesn't know their house upstairs. Anyway I said to Rob, he never will unless he stays, so we went there instead and guess what? He slept all the way through til 6.30!! Omg!! He can go there more often lol!! Still earlier than what we were used to, but robs alarm went off so not sure if he heard it in the next room as seconds later JD was up.
He's been up for a couple of hours the last few nights around 10/11 so last.night was fab!

Iwish Tue 30-Apr-13 16:52:50

Wow £2.50 is v cheap!! Think they are about a fiver in asda cafe!
Abyway how's Rob now?
And yey go Euey sleeping till 6:30!! Bet it felt lovely not waking in the night.

My cousin had her scan today. She's having a little boy. So pleased for her.

This sounds gross but I made some tuna mayo earlier to put on sandwiches and I had some left over. Well I just saw it in the fridge and I've just eaten it on its own. Is was delish!!!

lizandlulu Tue 30-Apr-13 19:30:00

Ha ha cravings already iwish!!!!

Lovely that your cousin is having an boy, Joshua and him with be best of friends!! Do they live in the same town as you?

How's robs mouth klou?

It's sods law they always sleep different at other places. Lulu used to wake every night when she was smaller, yet slept through at in laws. Not fair.

Iwish Tue 30-Apr-13 20:06:50

I love tuna! I would eat it every day if I could. Tuna mayo sandwiches with cucumber or red onion mmmm

Yeh she lives about 15 mins drive from me. Her sister is ttc too but I don't think she's pg yet.

I'm knackered, would love to go to bed but think its a tad early haha!

Iwish Wed 01-May-13 19:39:14

I need tuna!

You should be called ifish ha ha ha!!

No I don't think that's gross, rob quite often does that if he can't be bothered to make a sandwich smile.

Lovely for your cousin to be having a boy to play with Joshua. If you have a girl, she could have his clothes smile

All good here. Euan been at my mum and dads today after toddlers this morning and his haircut there. Rob was sick this afternoon and has been on the sofa with Euans duvet most of the afternoon, so Euan is staying with them. Poor bloke. He was ok yesterday, and this morning. He was eating soup and smoothies, and this morning porridge and tea. Had some soup at lunch and he's been shitty ever since hmm Face not too swollen which is good, hopefully he's s bit better tomorrow.

lizandlulu Wed 01-May-13 22:26:20

Is it a reaction to the anesthetic or a bug? I have sympathy, there's nowt worse! Just thought, so your star sign snippet is right!!!! OOMG

Iwish Sat 04-May-13 20:29:23

So pissed off. Been walking round Manchester 10am-4:30pm to get a dress for a party in 2 weeks and I can't find anything. I look fat and awful in everything. Depressed.com sad

There's some lovely tents in Go outdoors grin

How are we both?
Sorry pressed post by accident.

All good here. Weaning Euey off his dummy, so far so good. Must admit he was a bit loud in the car today and tempted to shove it in, but I resisted. He woke briefly around 2am, in our bed dead on 6, back off til 7.40 grin Have given up the fighting to come in our bed in the morning now, I'd rather that and he went back to sleep! Anyway, glad his dummy isn't being missed. It's lovely hearing his little voice chatter without the dummy in the way. He so smiley too without it.

Rob good, although may be taking him to the dr on Tuesday as one side looks a bit infected and is hurting him. The other is fine, you wouldn't think he'd had anything done. The tooth was infected on the side that is giving him problems, so wondering if its to do with that. He had a blister on his cheek forming last night where the swelling was rubbing on his back teeth, so that was hurting him. He put toothpaste on it before bed and that seemed to help!
May need to get some anti bs from the dr, strange he wasn't given any.

How are you feeling then iwish? Any more feeling sick? Have you told anyone else?

And how's Lizzie? smile

lizandlulu Mon 06-May-13 20:57:20

Evening all, sorry I've not been on, I have been away from Friday to today in
The caravan. had no wifi and couldn't get on!!! Shocking in today's society :D

Had a lovely time, the kids have loved every second. We went with my cousin and his kids who has a daughter lulus age. And another family with kids and they all play together so well. They have been swimming, on the bed, in the amusements, bbqd, all sorts. Only slight fly in the ointment is that today we walked down the front in Filey and we have all caught the sun. I took sun cream but stupidly left it in the caravan. Every other day it's been chilly and overcast so I thought today would turn out to be the same. So me, lulu and the baby have all got pink arms. Our faces aren't tho!

What sort of dress are you after iwish? Debenhms has some lovely ones in, also Matalan! Oh and new look.

What you been up to choice? How's robs mouth?

Iwish Fri 10-May-13 13:36:48

Hey ladies!

How are you both?

Well ended up getting a bloody maternity maxi dress as I looked like a fat mess in everything else. Can't tell it's a maternity dress tho.

Iwish Fri 10-May-13 19:44:30

Bump for liz xxz

lizandlulu Fri 10-May-13 19:50:49

Why thank you, I still couldn't find it even after you bumped it up, had to click on the link. Odd.

So how are you feeling? Have you told both parents now?

Did you have a nice time when you went out?

How are you and Euan, and rob of course, choccy?

Any plans for the weekend?

Ours all depends on the weather. It's the county show this weekend and I love it and always go, but it's given out rain and really don't want to be pushing a buggy round in the wet! I just hope it's showers like its been for the last few days. Chris has gone to butlins for the weekend with some mates for an 80' s weekend and not back till Sunday evening so it's just us girlies.

Hello ladies,

Sounds fun Liz, hope the weather stays good, the forecast here is shite until weds.

How are you feeling oh fat one wink

Robs birthday on Thursday, want to hire a narrow boat for the day, but can't really do it until I know the weather. Was going to take Euey and bella too, but tbh I won't relax at all with Euan there (given the pond incident), and bella will be a pain in the arse.
I asked robs brother and wife, but he's away with work, he said that cherry was around and she'd love to come though, er think not love. Three's company and all that! Want to take a posh picnic, then take him out for dinner.

All good here, Euan still all over with sleep. Jumped in with us at 4 this morning and I couldn't be bothered to take him back to bed.

Oh, you're gonna laugh at this, we had our house valued today smile not even been here a year and already thinking of moving ha ha! Love the house to bits, but we would love to live back in our old village tbh and one has come up but a bit out of our price, unless we could get them down a bit. It's the frikkin 3% stamp duty shite that would kill us, plus up until the 31st August, we've got to pay almost £5k to get out of our mortgage. So out of interest, not thinking it would have gone up much, we got it valued. Almost fell off the chair when she said it had gone up at least £40k!! grin Still a bit less than the new one we'd like, but more than we thought!
Going to view a different one in another village tomorrow afternoon which we like the look of and it's cheaper than the other one.
Just got to work out figures etc to see if it's worth it.

lizandlulu Fri 10-May-13 22:27:40

Wow choccy that's a big hike!!! It as on the news that house prices are going to go up by 30% in the next few months. Mum and dads is still for sale. They was told about 8 years ago when they had it valued, just out of interest, that it was worth around 1 million pounds. It's a grade 2 listed building. Then last year they converted a coach house that was at the bottom of the garden into a 3 bed house. So when they put it on he market in dec, they was hoping to get just over the 1 mil mark, but had it valued again, and they said it was only worth 595k!!! So they built the house for nothing, and it's still not sold!! Had a couple of people interested, but both got to also sell houses, so no ones come up with the money yet. Meanwhile their new bungalow next to me is quickly running out of funds!! So if your looking to buy in my area choccy, I would personally reccomend theirs ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now