God, why are some mums so bloody dull??

(273 Posts)
allgonebellyup Wed 13-Jun-07 16:01:34

Just need to rant..all the playground/toddler grp conversations seem to revolve around:

- washing,washing machines breaking etc
- does my daughter love ballet, or would she rather do modern? or tap? Oh its so hard to decide, i dont know what to choose,hmm, oh its such a rush after school getting to all these places, blardy blah..
- are you preparing recipes for the school cook book? (er, no)
- OOh are you going to the PTA meeting after school, theyre talking about the new fences that are being put up (yeah like i care!)
-my husband thinks our new 4X4 isnt big enough for the kids, we only have one child but oh we really do need more space..so we have to buy the hugest fukking land rover we can find in london
-we tried to get ds to sleep at 7.15 last night but he was cranky and didnt drop off til 7.30 so i didnt have time to get all my ironing done..blardy blaardy bores...

Does my head in!! dont they have any interests? any ideas of what is happening in the rest of the world? no jobs to go to, or issues to focus on????

littlelapin Fri 15-Jun-07 14:04:03

LOL you made the round up! UCM, something else for you to be famous about

Beachcomber Fri 15-Jun-07 08:45:22

Yes AGBU your thread is most amusing!

Also has taken me on a nostalgic trip of my youth. Though I enjoyed it at the time, I quite happily swopped sex, drugs and rock 'n roll for sleepless nights, calpol and incy wincy spider.

I imagine that a lot of the mums that you find you don't have much in common with have had pretty similar interests to yours, they just aren't at that place in life at the moment.

TranquilaManana Thu 14-Jun-07 22:16:04

<sighs wistfully and turns attention to building time machine so you can be my mama from the minute i was adopted at about 3 weeks which is when my mother forgot me under a bush or soemthing.>
(she didnt, btw. shame really...)

lulumama Thu 14-Jun-07 18:53:21

yes, tranquil...and i will bake flapjacks and smile dotingly at you!

kel4mum Thu 14-Jun-07 18:42:32

AGBU This is a good thread, had trouble reading it with the kids running around. I am 29 and dont relate to you at all. I dont do clubbing, never been to Ibiza, dont even know how to download. I thought the idea of becoming a mum was that your life revolved around them and everything else has to just fit in. I wouldnt care less weather no one spoke to me in the playground but i am happy that people do. All the people in the playground have one thing in common with you.....

CHILDREN

Thats why they talk about them

If any of them become your friends then you can discuss holidays, music and clubbing.
I doubt they will be interested though.

TranquilaManana Thu 14-Jun-07 18:38:29

Roffle at the guessing and clique loving. hehehe.

so, lulu, can i be your (presumably!) eldest dd??? only when im ill, like...i'll take care of myself the rest of the time. call once a month and let you know im not dead, that sort of thing...
(my mum might be put out tho...hmmmm)

lulumama Thu 14-Jun-07 18:33:40

i know who Tranqil is now !

<<removes sherlock hat and looks smug..>>

allgonebellyup Thu 14-Jun-07 18:30:47

by the way i do DOWNLOAD onto CD(its cheaper), i do also have an ipod if ya must know..

lulumama Thu 14-Jun-07 18:07:24

hmmmm.......am not good at this sort of thing..still, i like being in a <<cleak>>

alright fletch?

Not me - might be the person under her wing?

lulumama Thu 14-Jun-07 17:47:01

ok tranquil..if i am adopting you...need to know who you are,<<squints>> is that you fletch? or am i way off??

<<snorting at bobsmum and drumstick lolly drool>>

bobsmum Thu 14-Jun-07 17:42:50

I help run a youth club.

One night on planning a music quiz I asked all teenagers what music they liked:

Teen: "Huh?"

So I tried again - "What CDs do you like/have?"

<Tumbleweed rolled across hall>

<Teen actually laughs in my face spitting out Drumsick lolly drool>

"Nobody has CDs anymore!!" I just download!"

Whole village hall erupts in cackling while I adopt foetal position in the hope of a big hole to swallow me up.

You're showing your age talking about CDs AGBU!

MellowMa Thu 14-Jun-07 17:38:33

Message withdrawn

SueBaroo Thu 14-Jun-07 17:18:32

AGBU, I will eternally grateful to ye, lass. I've never been in a clique before, and it's all thanks to thee

allgonebellyup Thu 14-Jun-07 17:06:01

Beachcomber, hey dontcha think this whole thread i started is kinda amusing?

TranquilaManana Thu 14-Jun-07 12:47:57

lapin, i love that you got that. in fact, ive decided i love you. and suebaroo, i love you too.
youre both in my clique now. along with that nappyaddict, shes under my wing (s'ok, ive got deodorant on today).
and lulus in it already (actually, lulu's my adoptive mother/sister, which she doesnt actually know, but hey, its cyberspace. she doesnt really need to )

Beachcomber Thu 14-Jun-07 08:56:44

Hilarous thread.

Has anybody else noticed how the OP has only posted quite dull things whilst everybody else has been witty/funny/clever/insightful ?

BTW OP I'm sure you are not 'dull' (is anybody really) and your thread is most entertaining.

merryberry Thu 14-Jun-07 08:14:39

want to hear more about the mad japanese woman please!

suzycreamcheese Wed 13-Jun-07 23:19:53

sobernow...classic post...lolol

Boco Wed 13-Jun-07 23:06:45

No no in the morning i have weetabix on my elbow. At 3.30 i have soup on my trousers.

WendyWeber Wed 13-Jun-07 22:54:29

Boco - you eat soup for breakfast?

Boco Wed 13-Jun-07 22:42:37

At our school some mums arrive half an hour early - with freshly made up faces. I turn up with soup on my leg and dd2 in fancy dress.

BishyBarneyBee Wed 13-Jun-07 22:39:41

just don't see the playground as a social event tbh - say hi get children - chat if mad japanese woman is there, if not go home.

jajas Wed 13-Jun-07 22:38:43

I'm in my early 40's but I was a right little raver in my 20's and 30's, absolutely loved it and still really miss it, but it's very hard to find anyone else at school gates who shares my enthusiasm! I don't know how on earth I'm now doing the 'school run' because it was a concept that I used to find hilarious when I was larging it up in some warehouse at 6 in the morning but hey here I am like it or lump it !

BishyBarneyBee Wed 13-Jun-07 22:17:11

get an i-pod and a book

sensory isolation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now