Cost of golf clubs?

(6 Posts)
TinCan Tue 16-May-06 18:35:22

I'd like to buy my husband a nice set of golf clubs for his birthday. I know nothing about the game and will likely just give him a voucher so he can choose whatever suits. Can anyone tell me an approx. cost of a good set of new clubs?

Esmummy Tue 16-May-06 18:38:16

DP brought a set of McGregor Irons about 18 months ago and they cost him £500, he then spent £180 on a r7 driver, £100 on an Odysee putter plus a few random woods i think.
Not cheap !
McGregor are a very good make although i don't think they are the best. Is your DH a good golfer alreayd or just learning ? Most places could recommend the best set for novices I should imagine. Nevada Bobs are good if you have one near you, or American Golf Discount

Esmummy Tue 16-May-06 18:38:55

They cost us £500. cost him £500 pah

TinCan Tue 16-May-06 18:41:23

Thanks - that helps a lot! This may have to be a combo b-day/anniversary gift!

Esmummy Tue 16-May-06 19:00:42

I'd say all Christmases for a long long time .
Obviously someone at a golf shop can be of help than i can but i know that's what DP got.

preporfuza1982 Thu 05-May-16 10:10:32

There are different kinds and brands of golf clubs that’s why an approximate price is a bit hard. But you should prepare around £500 just to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now