I have.....that I don't need, would you like it?

(583 Posts)

The reason I joined MN was because of a thread like this. So here goes.

I have a size 4 pair of Girls DC trainers, they are brand new in the box, black and cerise pink. They would make a fantastic Birthday or Christmas present. Please don't ask for them just because you want them, I want someone who needs them for their DD to have them. smile PM Me smile

CatchingMockingbirds Sun 02-Dec-12 23:00:55

Has anyone got any maternity clothes they don't need anymore in a size 10 or 12?

Melty Sun 02-Dec-12 22:56:21

Knickers now gone.

Melty Sun 02-Dec-12 18:45:10

I have a pack of Disney Fairies Tinkerbell knickers (Mothercare) age 4-5.
Still in the pack, unopened.
I bought for my goddaughter but on reflection her skinny bum will be too tiny for them.
Free to a good home. Preferably one with a little lady who likes Tinkerbell!

AnneElliott Fri 16-Nov-12 21:44:43

I have a pair of boys Clarks shoes in blue and beige. Only worn for 1 wedding reception ( about 3 hours) and now DS has outgrown them. They are size 11.5 G. Happy to post to anyone in the UK that needs them.

I've got an unused, half-built hamster cage with tubes and whatnot for the hamster to play in and a hardback, illustrated copy of Life of Pi - new and unread. If anyone can collect them in Liverpool (Litherland area or city centre), you're more than welcome to have them.

tinkfairy Thu 08-Nov-12 13:09:01

does anyone have any medium or lagre wicker basket they dont need?

headfairy Mon 22-Oct-12 22:07:57

I'm so glad to see this thread still going... I've just found 2 unopened packets of Sainsburys maternity pads. I will post to the first person to pm me.

mumnosbest Mon 22-Oct-12 17:11:22

Thanks. Ill pm as soon as dh gets off the computer x

EmptyCrispPackets Mon 22-Oct-12 04:38:49

Course. Pm me your details.

mumnosbest Mon 22-Oct-12 00:48:54

empty i'd love the books for ds for xmas if i'm not too late? Pretty please

Mini oilatum shower and bath foams. 4 of each if anyone wants.

EmptyCrispPackets Sat 20-Oct-12 09:41:25

I'm desperate for some nursing bras now I've had my baby grin I have a panache one that's a 36G but loose under arm, mother are one 36F, more comfortable.

I also have some books bloody histories if anyone would like?

Somermummy1 Sat 20-Oct-12 09:33:40

Someone PMed me about Thomas swimming trucks and I've accidentally deleted the email. If its you, please can you re-send your address ??!

oooh!! Thank you!!!

grin about the Kindle...at least you came out on top grin

Smeghead Mon 08-Oct-12 12:50:34

Use Auction Stealer

Its very good for people like me who forget when auctions are ending! You get three free "snipes" a week which is more than enough for most people. Sniping is when you put in your maximum bid but in the last few seconds of the auction, therefore lowering the risk of getting out bid by the "oh, just another pound" crew who just drive the price up! I once sold a used Kindle for more than the cost of a brand new one because the bid history showed that 2 people kept trying to out bid each other by a pound. Silly people, but I was happy!

I keep losing them at the last minute!

Admittedly I'm a bit crap at this eBay malarky!!

HappySunflower Mon 08-Oct-12 00:17:25

Ebay have lots of coats at the moment- well worth a look!

Always, whereabouts in the world are you?

Am still on the hunt for an age 3-4 coat (Is for a girl but either will do!) Am happy to buy it from somene....can't seem to find a coat in her size anywhere!!

Smeghead Sun 07-Oct-12 03:01:11

You need legal advice.

If you are going to be taking care of them then you need to be named as their guardian. That gives you rights, not just responsibilities.

Speak to SS and if you can afford it, or on a low enough income to qualify for legal aid, a solicitor too. If you dont then you could end up paying to keep children that he is claiming child benefit and tax credits for and thats not on.

alwaysbored Sun 07-Oct-12 00:32:27

hi not sure how long its going to be for he kind of just dumped them on me
im going to contact social services first thing monday morning .he basically said here we cant take care of them then just walked away couldnt go after him as had the children there plus my son in the house :/
didnt think of the sure start centre will ring them aswell thanks for the advice x

Smeghead Sat 06-Oct-12 16:53:40

he can't just expect you to support them

Smeghead Sat 06-Oct-12 16:53:19

Is it permanent always? If so then you should be able to claim their child benefit and an increase to any tax credits you get.

If it is temporary then you need to ask your brother to contribute to their care, he can just expect you to support them.

In the meantime, your local Childrens Centre might be able to point you in the direction of help.

alwaysbored Sat 06-Oct-12 14:38:43

also if anyone has any spare food items ive suddenly had to take in my brothers children and really struggling to feed us all i no its really cheeky but im at a loss if anyone can help please pm me xx

alwaysbored Sat 06-Oct-12 14:26:51

hi everyone has any one got any age 7 boys pants they no longer need my little boy is 5 and all his clothes wont fit him as hes turned into a giant overnight !!xx

I have a girls summer dress from Next, it's fully lined, white with floral print, very pretty, it says Age 11 146cm, the actual measurements are chest 30" and waist 28". I will put photos on my profile later tonight.

I am happy to pop it in the post to anywhere in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now