Mortified-school social faux pas of the year.

(110 Posts)
skeletonfishbonesandlilacs Fri 21-Oct-11 09:31:33

My dd1 is in reception at a lovely little village C of E school. They break for half term today, about a month ago a memo came out to say today would be "seasonal fancy dress" I checked with teacher and confirmed that they meant halloween but just couldn't say it because it's a Cof E school. So this morning I sent my daughter into school in her favourite halloween costume which happens to be a cute little devil costume. A red body suit with flamey wings and a hat with horns and little forked tail.

Apparently there was another memo last week to say that they had changed fancy dress to "help for hero's day" so kids could come in a costume of someone or something they thought was thier hero. As i'm getting dd out of the car it's dawning on me that were surrounded by soldiers, firemen, policemen, nurses, vets, doctors and superheroes.

I have sent my dd to her first fancy dress day in her new Cof E school for hero worship day dressed as the devil. If the floor had opened and swallowed me up right then and there i would have been happy. Even the head came over to say "don't worry I gather the devil isn't her hero"

Oh my. Way to make your mark!

skeletonfishbonesandlilacs Fri 21-Oct-11 17:24:16

smile

I'm glad to have cheered you all up anyway. I did prime DH and he scooted dd out of school as quickly as her little devil clad legs would allow!

nokissymum Fri 21-Oct-11 17:30:52

I havent laughed so much in a long time! Oh dear <she wipes away tears> i thought i was bad sending ds in school uniform on mufti day but this surely wins hands down.

Welcome to the club of "the unforgiven" grin

Fifis25StottieCakes Fri 21-Oct-11 17:33:46

kids bounce back you know, it may take you a lot longer smile

startail Sat 22-Oct-11 00:58:57

Brilliant, I'd love to see our evangelical Christians face if someone turned up at school as the devil!

EmbarrassingCorpses Sat 22-Oct-11 01:05:48

Sorry but this is just hilarious. Your DD's hero is the devil himself, brilliant grin

WitchesAreComing Sat 22-Oct-11 01:09:58

Can we get this moved? It's so funny.

The thread about the poster getting words muddled up in a packed GP waiting-room and calling her DS a "tiny wanker" rather than the intended, "whiney tinker" seems to have vanished.

I'd hate for that to happen to this.

crystalglasses Sat 22-Oct-11 01:13:02

How did your dd cope at school? Did she mind being the only child who wore an inappropriate fancy dress?

skeletonfishbonesandlilacs Sat 22-Oct-11 09:24:09

crystal she was oblivious thatnk god. She was just delighted she got to wear the costume she wanted. I am going to buy her a dr's outfit for xmas to compensate for my guilt though.

CardyMow Sat 22-Oct-11 09:59:04

O.M.G. I can't breathe. This is totally the kind of thing I would end up doing. Hahahahahahaha.

Cathycomehome Sun 23-Oct-11 21:31:42

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now